The Power of Karate

kramer-karate-a-s.gif

The spinning one might be the 3Rd belt TOOL. Point is they are all in the curriculum and even the spin kicks are practiced early on.

Name a traditional Karate system with spin hooks in the third belt.

That's BS even in TKD.

Dude they teach you spinning kicks after a couple of months. You are in a class with white to blue belts and he would show everyone in the class whatever technic he was teaching that night and if you were a white belt or yellow you practiced it with them. One guy would hold the target pad while the other tried to hit it and then you would switch....It's not that hard to learn a spinning kick if you practice it for a few months 3 times week. Why are you making a big deal out of this. The same TKD kicks are in karate classes...for the record it was Chinese Kempo that I took

That's BS even in TKD.
I was learning spinning techniques as a white belt in TKD. It's not that uncommon at all.

take notes youngins .. He's a 5th degree black belt in KEMPO karate not just your regular 'karate'.. Educate yourselves .. Guess who else studied KEMPO ?? Chuck..

I'm glad to see that this martial art is finally getting its due. It started with Machida. And now we have Wonderboy, Scoggins, Makdessi, Nelson, and others.

There's nothing wrong with karate, there's only something wrong with how it's taught in many schools (unfortunately). War Karate!

chuck-norris.jpg
KarateYeahhhhh! War Karate FTW :D

So at what level does this Ushiro Geri (turn side kick) appear in a traditional Shotokan form?

at a tkd guy you needa stop bruh

Theres no round house in the original karate forms either

in before tkd came up with roundhouses

So at what level does this Ushiro Geri (turn side kick) appear in a traditional Shotokan form?

It doesn't.

The kicks were added in the 1920s.

This was long before TKD even was created, though.

TKD came up with the roundhouses. They are very energy efficient. Mice have been using them for years

All these kicks aren't exclusive to one art you guys, Geeeeeezzzzzz

Thompson's stance looks pretty much as a TKD one (completely sideways with hands VERY low). I don't know how they do it in Kempo karate, maybe it's the same like in TKD. But one thing is for sure, it's much different than Karate Kyokushin. Yet Thompson's kicks are not point-orientated. These are hard, precise kicks and he puts a lot of force behind them. So they look pretty-much karate kicks yet his diversity is not limited to only one style of karate (martial art) I believe.

It was definitely fun seeing someone using sidekicks out of the horse stance. I train karate and always thought that would be useless in a real fight, but Hendricks just didn't know how to deal with it.

Second green belt in my Dojo, when you are training for the Purple. And we train traditional Shotokan karate.

upright stance, difficult to reach, in and out movements, one punch ko blow philosophy, i love karate

Back