The overrating of GSP needs to stop

He's still in fighting age and ran away from the sport.

His own actions speak for him. WW improved a lot, he would have a hard time getting a title shot nowadays. And he is 37, he could give it a shot.

GSP fans are the problem.

While GSP was cleaning out the UFC welterweight division, Woodley was getting knocked out by Nate Marquardt and out-struck by Jake Shields
{<jordan}

I am highschool dropout. I work at Micky D's

Why is it funny that I miss spell words? Its expected.

This kind of thread is expected from someone with your education I guess. It is what it is.

His own actions speak for him. WW improved a lot, he would have a hard time getting a title shot nowadays. And he is 37, he could give it a shot.

Finding every reason not to fight the challenges of todays beasts. Yet Anderson is well beyond his prime taking on Daniel fucking Cormier.

Says a lot about borh of these guys as men.

Ok but please explain to me what GSP does better than Usman. Dont worry I'll wait.

I'd say pretty much everything. And I've never been a big fan of Georges style.

This.He left when the competition got stronger.

If you obsessively think one fighter is a GOAT especially an OG grow the Fuck up and become your own GOAT at something ffs. Ufc/ tennis parlays.. im the GOAT. Or banned. You can't be better than banned eveywhere you go. I'm making around 40k a day right now. I'm much more wealthy than 90% of fighters. Just by watching them. Grow some nuts and stop fawning over "GOATs." They are men, just like you.

"Don't give yourselves to these unnatural Men! Machine Men! Machine minds with Machine hearts! You are not Machines! You are not Cattle! You are Men!!! Now make this life a free and wonderful adventure!"

Last edited:
Rory McDonald was never as good as gsp and made Tyrone look like a bitch. Johny Hendricks was juiced up when he fought gsp and was murdering everyone. Btw, Tyrone also got lit the fuck up way worse then gsp ever did by marquart in Strikeforce, at least when gsp lost it was on the top level. Also, Tyrone doesn’t show up for fights, lol. TS, shut your hating ass up.

Here you go TS, someone who knows something about MMA. The game plan for Woodley is just to intimidate and walk him down, Rory laid the best game plan ever, Usman just followed. Hendricks took advantage of peds and the IV re-hydration. Also can't fault GSP for going into his last title fight as WW champ essentially knowing full well he was going to quit the sport immediately afterwards, I'm actually surprised that he lasted the full five rounds after that bombshell.

GSP is in the conversation as the GOAT with Jones, Fedor & Silva, however GSP always played it safe whereas the other 3 took risks. GSP also couldn’t finish opponents and wasn’t very entertaining. Technically a very good fighter with great wrestling but definitely not some killing machine that people are making him out to be. A classy guy that had a great career.

And another reasonable person, can't deny that he's up there with anyone else mentioned. Positive PED tests aside, GSP is the Natty GOAT. But people who dislike him have a legit reason, he wasn't the most exciting guy to watch over his career. Much rather watch the fight history on Jones or Fedor vs the fights of GSP, but you can't just say that he was shit because he wasn't the most exciting.

I've never been a fan, myself. But he is certainly worth the praise he gets, even from the ones who seemingly overstate it. You're saying he is overrated based on two fights. TWO FIGHTS. Everyone has a bad night here and there, but Georges has had two. Lol. Yeah, he's a bum.

I agree also, but my not avoiding troll threads like this only adds to the juvenile crap that floats around here.

Damn there's a certain demographic on this site targeting gsp like a motherfucker. Another one for the list.

If you want to get attention, this is exactly the sort of thread to start on Sherdog...

Fight IQ is what separates GSP from fighters like Woodley. When have you ever seen GSP afraid to throw strikes? The only way GSP lost fights was getting caught with a single strike or submission. Woodley has been completely shut down, in multiple fights. Even many of his wins he was inactive and barely did anything. They are not on the same level. Woodley has the same chance against GSP everyone else did: a punchers chance.

Here you go TS, someone who knows something about MMA. The game plan for Woodley is just to intimidate and walk him down, Rory laid the best game plan ever, Usman just followed. Hendricks took advantage of peds and the IV re-hydration. Also can't fault GSP for going into his last title fight as WW champ essentially knowing full well he was going to quit the sport immediately afterwards, I'm actually surprised that he lasted the full five rounds after that bombshell.

And another reasonable person, can't deny that he's up there with anyone else mentioned. Positive PED tests aside, GSP is the Natty GOAT. But people who dislike him have a legit reason, he wasn't the most exciting guy to watch over his career. Much rather watch the fight history on Jones or Fedor vs the fights of GSP, but you can't just say that he was shit because he wasn't the most exciting.

With PEDs factored in, it’s hard to argue against GSP as the GOAT. Ultimately wins are what matter over how exciting a fighter is and GSP’s resume is unparalleled.

Finding every reason not to fight the challenges of todays beasts. Yet Anderson is well beyond his prime taking on Daniel fucking Cormier.

Says a lot about borh of these guys as men.

Can't compare a GOAT like Anderson to someone like GSP who runs away from adversity.

Let it go

The guy was good for his time but people saying that he would mop the floor with guys like Woodley and Usman are sadley mistaken.

GSP got beat by Matt Serra and Johny Hendricks clearly beat the breaks off of him and made his face look like Freddy Krueger.

Usman and Woodely are no joke. They wouldnt be fazed by GSP's little jab. I am convinced that Usman is stronger than GSP and he has better cardio too. No way GSP just holds an atheltic freak like him down all fight. Usman is literally a better, much scarier version of GSP.

I dont see GSP beating Tyrone either. I see him getting getting hit hard while throwing one of his jabs that Woodley will be waiting for. He wouldnt respect GSP's power like he did Usman's.

GSP's chin is suspect as well. He's afraid of a good punch and you can see it in the way he fights. I know he's afraid of a smack....and if he's afraid of a smack, then a smack from Usman and Tyrone Woodley will like a double barrell shotgun!

Look I know there is a nostalgia thing going on with certain fighters and their fans but we need to get over this. LET IT GO......he's not that good.

You're either a really shitty troll, or incredibly stupid.

So which is it?

Then how do you explain Woodley getting beaten by Rory and Shields?

IMHO both sides need to stop.
GSP is one of the greats.
His accomplishments speaks for themselves.

The years at the top, dominating the WW division proves he belongs in GOAT talks.

If he is your #1 or not, you should still have him (at the very least) in your top 5. If you don't, you need to evaluate your hate rather than his career.

Back