The only way to beat Khabib

He is solid but someone with the right style will come along and beat him. Everyone meets their match.

You're not gonna do it with fundamentals, or 'fighting your fight' or anything along the lines of what you usually do.

You gotta be slick with it. You have to make him believe he's reading you, all the while luring him in. Even make it seem like you're trying to disguise your 'tell', all the while you're still fooling him.

Then when he tries to be slick and act on the read, BAM. You got one shot.

There are few strikes that can capitalize on this deceit. It's gotta be a knee, headkick, overhand right, or uppercut.

There are plenty of examples of simpler tricks, like setting up the high kick with leg/body kicks (Shevchenko vs Eye, Jones vs DC 2), but what I'm suggesting is going one step further. Make him believe he's making a read then make him pay for trying to capitalize on it.

Of course, I can't go into specifics because that would require looking at hours and hours of tape to find the optimal luring strategy.

I also don't think Tony has the power to pull this off, he's not a 1 punch / kick kinda guy.

You need to be kind of a cerebral fighter to pull this off, like Jones. But it would work.
I could beat Kabob easy - just make him use this ...CetL566.png

Not sure if it's the only way, or what's the best way, but the worst way to beat Khabib would be by a wrestler that is just a bit stronger than him, just a bit better, even more technical. Anybody can get knocked out, but imagine Khabib being beaten in his own game - would be tough for him.

Here's how Khabib could get caught badly: a knee while shooting

I also believe a flash KO/Sub is the only way to beat him. Nobody is gonna dominate him for 5 rounds.

You're not gonna do it with fundamentals, or 'fighting your fight' or anything along the lines of what you usually do.

You gotta be slick with it. You have to make him believe he's reading you, all the while luring him in. Even make it seem like you're trying to disguise your 'tell', all the while you're still fooling him.

Then when he tries to be slick and act on the read, BAM. You got one shot.

There are few strikes that can capitalize on this deceit. It's gotta be a knee, headkick, overhand right, or uppercut.

There are plenty of examples of simpler tricks, like setting up the high kick with leg/body kicks (Shevchenko vs Eye, Jones vs DC 2), but what I'm suggesting is going one step further. Make him believe he's making a read then make him pay for trying to capitalize on it.

Of course, I can't go into specifics because that would require looking at hours and hours of tape to find the optimal luring strategy.

I also don't think Tony has the power to pull this off, he's not a 1 punch / kick kinda guy.

You need to be kind of a cerebral fighter to pull this off, like Jones. But it would work.
Lols. Tony will drag him into deep water and drown him. Choke out in round 4 or 5.

Every major MMA gym/coach/camp on Earth: 0

TS: 1

You just need to shut down his wrestling. Obviously that's easier said than done, but that's the only way. If he never gets a takedown after trying and failing several times, it's gonna fuck with his head...especially if he's fighting a superior striker that's busting him up while stuffing takedowns. The same way he puts the fear of the takedown in almost everybody he fights, the guy that consistently stuffs his td attempts and makes him pay for trying will put the fear of trying in him. He will shut down and crumble like dried up cheese.

Problem is, I don't see anybody being able to do that. Not at lw anyway. If you could shrink Chuck Liddell down in his prime, I think Khabib would be fucked. Sprawl and brawl is how you beat Khabib. You have to have an excellent sprawl though, or you won't be able to keep him out of his comfort zone.

I don't think Gaethje is even close to the best lw, but I think his style could present serious problems for Khabib.

The only way he loses is by getting clipped. I don't believe anyone at LW can actually consistently win rounds against him.

Remove the cage and fight in open yard/ring and Khabib wouldnt be anywhere near top 20 unlike Conor 2.0 who just one shot kills everything on his path

I realize it's not revolutionary, but you're being way too general. Setting up a trap is not something that lots of fighters actually try to do.

They have a general strategy, sure, but often that strategy just boils down to really basic stuff.

Like Mazvidal, for example. He actually specifically trained that flying knee over and over until he perfected it, he even said so himself. That's the kind of thing I'm talking about, but I'm suggesting a defensive trap instead of an offensive misdirection / ploy. What Maz did isn't very common.
Yes, it is.

The same way Jon beat DC. Strong Muay Thai with a strong takedown defense.

I realize it's not revolutionary, but you're being way too general. Setting up a trap is not something that lots of fighters actually try to do.

They have a general strategy, sure, but often that strategy just boils down to really basic stuff.

Like Mazvidal, for example. He actually specifically trained that flying knee over and over until he perfected it, he even said so himself. That's the kind of thing I'm talking about, but I'm suggesting a defensive trap instead of an offensive misdirection / ploy. What Maz did isn't very common.
What you clearly don't realize, though, because you are not a fighter, is that training for a specific "approach" or "trick" or "defense" can also be very dangerous if it takes you out of your usual flow. An example might be your opponent is short so you train headkick nonstop and come fight day he evades the headkick easily and you are thrown off your rhythm.

Here's how Khabib could get caught badly: a knee while shooting

I also believe a flash KO/Sub is the only way to beat him. Nobody is gonna dominate him for 5 rounds.

The only thing that makes a potential rematch with Conor intriguing is the first round, or more precisely - the manner in which Khabib would initiate the clinch. My opinion is that he would avoid a long-range takedown like the one you just posted.

If he manages to grab a hold of him, it's all downhill from there; if he doesn't, Conor just might knock him out.

Also, Khabib could lose via TKO due to a cut.

Again, perhaps if he was a good striker, he would have been more focused on offense instead of defense. It's ALL hypothetical and doesn't matter.
If you're focused on offense your opponent has more opportunities to catch you .

You from germany or was this Leopard 2A6 (If i'm not mistaken) one of the first pictures that popped up when you've googled "tank"?
#2 brother.

But farfegnugen

Why not!

The way he loses is repeated elbows to the face leading to a knockout...hmm, I wonder who can do that?

Back