The Old Testament was found to be more than twice as violent as the Quran

Islam has a hell though and other sick beliefs as does Christianity. Can't say the same for Judaism at best you can find some rabbis saying supremacist stuff but that's it.

Lol it does. Once upon a time practically the entire Iberian peninsula was under Muslim rule!! As was the current Balkan states. Heck Islamic rule touched down all the way to Budapest!! Where today proud patriot Viktor Orban is fighting off hordes of individuals who wish to change his country. There was even Muslim activity in Ukraine
Judaism is as bad as if not worse than Islam. The OT is genocidal racist misogynistic screed. I haven't read it but bits and pieces here and there . People who are in the know like Bill Maher and Hitchens have both pointed out the abhorrent nature of the OT.

Judaism is as bad as if not worse than Islam. The OT is genocidal racist misogynistic screed. I haven't read it but bits and pieces here and there . People who are in the know like Bill Maher and Hitchens have both pointed out the abhorrent nature of the OT.
I cant fault the OT/Talmud for being xenophobic and sexist. Every tribe and culture had to be racist to survive, and the Hebrews were in a particularly war torn region. Strong racial identity kept the group intact so they naturally developed an aversion to outsiders. All early religions had a strong racial component to them so its devotees felt a special privilige that heretics could not enjoy.

But even compared to other mythologies/religions, Judaism is spectacularly racist. They outline how to treat goyim in contrast to fellow Jews in the most painstaking detail.

There are tons of entertaining stories.

Many about what not to do.

The style of writing is difficult for me to read. It doesn't flow well compared to standard English books.

Look I know you got a thing against Jews and have never studied religion so I excuse you but you have to be completely out of your mind to think a religion without a hell is somehow worse than those with hell and weird mind games. Say what you want but if you actually know what you are talking about you'd realize that any racist or genocidal action applies to only this life. And again like I said a lot is overblown by Christians, Anti-Semites, and radical idiots like David Duke.

I think people overemphasize the violence. In my view its not really the more problematic aspect of Islam as evidenced by these findings. Which is not to say they're definitive or even substantive but it does show how the OT and NT are comparable in their violence yet not in their modern interpretations.

With Islam I think the Shariah is more problematic. Its a very specific set of laws with divine authority that can't be changed. If you had the call for holy war without a specific set of divine laws to put in place maybe these Islamic movements that gain momentum in opposition to tyrannical regimes would be more adaptable but as is they're are almost all waging jihad with the goal of establishing a set of laws that were developed a thousand years ago.

Islam has a hell though and other sick beliefs as does Christianity. Can't say the same for Judaism at best you can find some rabbis saying supremacist stuff but that's it.
What's wrong with believing in Hell?

I cant fault the OT/Talmud for being xenophobic and sexist. Every tribe and culture had to be racist to survive, and the Hebrews were in a particularly war torn region. Strong racial identity kept the group intact so they naturally developed an aversion to outsiders. All early religions had a strong racial component to them so its devotees felt a special privilige that heretics could not enjoy.

But even compared to other mythologies/religions, Judaism is spectacularly racist. They outline how to treat goyim in contrast to fellow Jews in the most painstaking detail.
There is a degree of racial and xenophobic animosity though. What other tribes in their vicinity were as xenphobic and hatefull as the ancient Hebrews, I mean I can't think of any on that level.

Now-a-days Jews don't act like that , well except rightwing Israelis , who are embodying a similar spirit. Netanyahu just said that Israel needs to build walls to protect itself from " the wild beasts". Now if the leader of a major 1st world country said Jews = beasts, the West would go mental.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-around-israel-to-protect-it-from-wild-beasts

Look I know you got a thing against Jews and have never studied religion so I excuse you but you have to be completely out of your mind to think a religion without a hell is somehow worse than those with hell and weird mind games. Say what you want but if you actually know what you are talking about you'd realize that any racist or genocidal action applies to only this life. And again like I said a lot is overblown by Christians, Anti-Semites, and radical idiots like David Duke.
I know you are a Jewish supremacist who thinks hatred and ethnic cleansing by Jews is alright and totally Kosher but criticism of this Jewish supremacist attitude is anti-Semitic. You are the guy who agreed with the Israeli politician who said that African asylum seekers are a cancer. You also wondered why the Palestinians were allowed to stay. You are the Nazi version of a Jew or philo-Jew.

I don't need to study every ideology , to have a gist of the ideology.

I don't need to read L Ron Hubbard's books to know he was a charlatan scammer.

I don't need to study the Quran and the Sunnah to know Islam is hate filled.

I don't need to study the Book of Mormon to know that Joseph Smith concocted his religion and was a racist charlatan who invented Native American 'history.

I don't need to read Graham Hancock's books to know his claims are garbage. I knew enough of his nonsense to know it is all crap.

This proves fuck all because those actually practicing militant fundamentalism extracted from their religious texts are - by and large - Islamists.

When is the last time you heard of a Jew stoning their child?

Or a Christian condoning slavery (excluding the dirty south).

There is a degree of racial and xenophobic animosity though. What other tribes in their vicinity were as xenphobic and hatefull as the ancient Hebrews, I mean I can't think of any on that level.

Now-a-days Jews don't act like that , well except rightwing Israelis , who are embodying a similar spirit. Netanyahu just said that Israel needs to build walls to protect itself from " the wild beasts". Now if the leader of a major 1st world country said Jews = beasts, the West would go mental.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-around-israel-to-protect-it-from-wild-beasts

Israel can kick out black people, build a wall to keep out foreigners, not give anyone that is not Jewish citizenship, not take in a single refugee, call other races "beasts", and no one can say anything because of WW2. While we're at it, lets send them billions of dollars and nukes.

My hats off to how they pulled that off, it's an impressive feat.

When is the last time you heard of a Jew stoning their child?

They follow the Talmud more than the Torah. When the temple was destroyed they gave up most of the rituals.

I'm curious as to whether they will resume their rituals in the event that they rebuild their temple.

They follow the Talmud more than the Torah. When the temple was destroyed they gave up most of the rituals.

I'm curious as to whether they will resume their rituals in the event that they rebuild their temple.

That glorious moment which both Jews and fundamentalist Christians long for yet they are cock blocked by the Dome of the Rock.

Quite the dilemma, huh?

That glorious moment which both Jews and fundamentalist Christians long for yet they are cock blocked by the Dome of the Rock.

Quite the dilemma, huh?

I believe fundamental Christians who cheer for Jews have misunderstood the Scriptures, but far be it for me to tell people who to support.

As for Jews, it's yet to be seen whether they will resume their adherence to the Torah if the temple is rebuilt.

What's wrong with believing in Hell?

Its sadistic, the epitome of evil, infinite suffering for finite crime, and ignores lack of free will. It's also an invention of the Christians and Muslims followed suit. It's unique to them both and used to justify greater evils and sick trains of thought. See Catholic Church and it's derived source of power or "say" on who or what deserves hell.

I believe fundamental Christians who cheer for Jews have misunderstood the Scriptures, but far be it for me to tell people who to support.

As for Jews, it's yet to be seen whether they will resume their adherence to the Torah if the temple is rebuilt.

There are Jews that still practice animal sacrifice rituals in New York. There are plenty of fundamentalists that are all about rebuilding the temple and I'd bet a lot of money they fully intend to sacrifice at the temple. Sure bet.

They are waiting for the Red Heifer as well.

The Quran is very short and repetitive. The comparison isn't valid. You'd have to add the hadith collections in there to even have an approximate equivalent of scriptural authority, and even then the framework of understanding and interpretation is completely different.

There are Jews that still practice animal sacrifice rituals in New York. There are plenty of fundamentalists that are all about rebuilding the temple and I'd bet a lot of money they fully intend to sacrifice at the temple. Sure bet.

They are waiting for the Red Heifer as well.

The problem is that it's a slippery slope for Jews to do this. If they resume the sacrifices, they have no excuse, but to resume the 3 types of laws under the Covenant. It has been argued that the Covenant was put away and replaced with the Talmud. So while some may still be practicing some of the laws, you can be sure they're not following the entire law. And those that are conveniently unable to sacrifice because of the lack of a temple, may not wish to start again when the temple is rebuilt.

Okay well let's be honest. The world doesn't owe anyone anything. It's the 1st worlds fault if they are too short sighted and blind to see the dangers before their eyes. I don't like Bibi using the term "beasts". But I can understand his deep concern. The Romans slaughtered over a million Jews and the Muslims did a number on the Jewish way of life. That is not even mentioning what happened in Germany. Netanyahu is smart for realizing that even 1% of Africa's population entering Israel would result in Israel no longer being a Jewish state. In other words it would be a nail in the coffin.

I know you are a Jewish supremacist who thinks hatred and ethnic cleansing by Jews is alright and totally Kosher but criticism of this Jewish supremacist attitude is anti-Semitic. You are the guy who agreed with the Israeli politician who said that African asylum seekers are a cancer. You also wondered why the Palestinians were allowed to stay. You are the Nazi version of a Jew or philo-Jew.

I don't need to study every ideology , to have a gist of the ideology.

I don't need to read L Ron Hubbard's books to know he was a charlatan scammer.

I don't need to study the Quran and the Sunnah to know Islam is hate filled.

I don't need to study the Book of Mormon to know that Joseph Smith concocted his religion and was a racist charlatan who invented Native American 'history.

I don't need to read Graham Hancock's books to know his claims are garbage. I knew enough of his nonsense to know it is all crap.

I am not a Jewish supremacist. I am also a gentile but won't be for too long. I defend the Jews for many reasons and believe in and found God. I want everyone to succeed and don't know what you are getting at. I am merely against people blindly attacking a faith that I value, study and a people I care for. I need to do better and get less angry at others intolerant beliefs but I am sure I will get there.

Back