The Old Testament was found to be more than twice as violent as the Quran

Believe me I agree and this is freaking me out - I wish I was making this up. Unfortunately I know for a fact this guy is super valuable to the company and that because I work in a very specialized field he'd be very difficult to replace.

When I talked to my coworker, he defiantly down-played it and said I was tired. I mentioned it again to a senior employee and he downplayed it too.

This is a very difficult situation believe me.

I'll pm you some more about it - tomorrow.

That's just crazy. I'd confront him if he ever said anything to me directly. If you're going to threaten me at work, one of us is going to not be welcomed back.

Seriously, though, that's a police matter. And what if he's not kidding?

Obviously you know all the nuances, and you're your own person, so I'm more or less spitting hot air, but that's some messed up stuff.

as a religious jew (with about-scholarly level knowledge and training of religion) reading this thread, i can tell people don't know much about judaism or christianity

Believe me I agree and this is freaking me out - I wish I was making this up. Unfortunately I know for a fact this guy is super valuable to the company and that because I work in a very specialized field he'd be very difficult to replace.

When I talked to my coworker, he defiantly down-played it and said I was tired. I mentioned it again to a senior employee and he downplayed it too.

This is a very difficult situation believe me.

I'll pm you some more about it - tomorrow.

funny how this entire thread goes by without anyone in any real, personal danger

until someone has a coworker from a certain religion

my advice? you better talk to someone and say your part. now that you made that call, others will know that you witnessed your coworker's statements and such. if something goes down, people may try to implicate you in terms of negligence, reporting, not doing enough, etc.

you don't want someone bringing up your name in court: "well, so and so heard him say these things, too!"

better just to officially commit to it at this point, let someone with some clout know. put yourself on the right side of matters

as a religious jew (with about-scholarly level knowledge and training of religion) reading this thread, i can tell people don't know much about judaism or christianity

funny how this entire thread goes by without anyone in any real, personal danger

until someone has a coworker from a certain religion

my advice? you better talk to someone and say your part. now that you made that call, others will know that you witnessed your coworker's statements and such. if something goes down, people may try to implicate you in terms of negligence, reporting, not doing enough, etc.

you don't want someone bringing up your name in court: "well, so and so heard him say these things, too!"

better just to officially commit to it at this point, let someone with some clout know. put yourself on the right side of matters

Thanks for the advice.

Oh the people I work with say he's a great guy, nice . . . They're always biting their tongue. The other morning he's beyond upset that he hasn't recieved a large bump in pay because of the training he's doing (a familiar beef) and then says about the manager of the department, "I'll kick his fucking teeth in," and then the kicker, "I swear I'm going to come in and shoot everyone I'm so frustrated." Of course I know you can't say this no matter the race or skin colour or religion, yet this guy gets away with it because everyone's too scared. I go home and stew about it for several hours because I'm still in my probationary period and don't want to rock the boat. I finally call a coworker and say that someone needs to talk with this guy and let him know you can't talk like this (I had a coworker get suspended before for saying something like that in a joking manner and he wasn't a Muslim). And this guy goes on and on witnessing about Islam and how disgusting the Jews are and the American system. It literally sounds like he's been watching the IS propaganda videos. And then he's promoting the Ayatollah and how basically Islam was being forgotten about until he came along blah, blah, blah. This Lebanese guy is the epitome of the bad side of that people group. The last guy (a Pakistani) I worked with was much more even-keeled and nice. I just hope I can make it through the next 5 months without reacting.

My bottom line is I just want to act in love and be allowing Jesus to live through me until I can speak about it.
Why don't you be a man and ask him what his problem is? Tell him that his comment is not conducive to a professional work environment.

Why don't you be a man and ask him what his problem is? Tell him that his comment is not conducive to a professional work environment.

maybe because he rather not deal with a possible psycho itching to go postal who might know where his family/friends/etc. reside/work?

not being sarcastic

maybe because he rather not deal with a possible psycho itching to go postal who might know where his family/friends/etc. reside/work?

not being sarcastic
Maybe he will feel bad if that muslim ends up going postal and he could have done something to prevent it

You lost me at "why don't you be a man . . ."

I just talked to a couple of other senior workers. This is going somewhere, it just has to be done right.

I live in a depressed area, I didn't want to make a lateral job switch but had to. Life is complicated. This isn't as easy as it might seem on a forum - even the two senior guys I just talked to agreed.

Maybe he will feel bad if that muslim ends up going postal and he could have done something to prevent it

lol, alright, i can tell you didn't even read any of the previous posts, such as where he's mentioned he's already talked to someone and then i suggested he talk to authorities

What to do if he brings a clock into work?

not being sarcastic

This. The guy knows my name (obviously) and where I live (generally). It's something a person could lose a job over. It's an extremely responsible, stressful job and they probably would find a way to usher him out somehow. Trust is paramount in the position.

Anyway, I've probably said too much in here. Going to shut up for a bit.

Hopefully.

No, it's putting the quote into context with the rest of the teachings. If you have any grasp of logic you'd understand why that is but you probably need it spoon fed to you so here we go.

First lets see who they need to kill, transgressors. Ok so what's a transgressor, anyone who enters your land or breaks your laws. What do they claim as their land? Everything. Who is breaking their laws just by being alive? Everyone not under sharia law.

So who are they commanded to kill? All non believers.

That is putting it into context.
But you are obviously very ignorant of the Quran and Islamic history.
As your interpretation is nothing like the major scholars view it.

Last edited:
But you are obviously very ignorant of the Quran and Islamic history.
As your interpretation is nothing like the major scholars view it.
Using arguments from authority or ad populum doesn't mean I'm wrong and you're obviously only attacking my character instead of my arguments because you cannot assail them in any way.

Thank you for admitting defeat.

Back