2 kgs. Tomato
1 pkg. Brown Sugar
1 pkg. Salt
1 pkg. Black Pepper
1 doz. Scotch Bonnet Pepper
1 lb. Garlic
1 lb. Thyme.
METHOD
Cut each chicken breast into three pieces and flatten slightly, season with salt and pepper.

Place 1 Tbsp. of butter into a non-stick frying pan, place over med./high flame, and add chopped garlic.

Add chicken breast and allow to saute. Add chopped onions, tomatoes, diced papaya and saute for five minutes.

Add scotch bonnet and thyme. Add brown sugar and bring to simmer for five minutes. Ready to serve.

Fish ~ Creole Style

4 or 5 fish steaks
1 small onion
1 tablespoon seasoned paste
2 medium ripe tomatoes
3 or 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
Vinegar or lime juice
Salt
Marinate fish and rub with seasoned mixture. Sprinkle with a little salt. Slice onions. Melt butter in a frying pan and fry onions lightly. Remove onions from pan. Put in fish and cover pan tightly so that the fish cooks in steam. When one side is done (4 minutes). Just before serving pour a little lime juice or vinegar over each piece of fish. Note: Fish cooked in this way takes only 10 to 15 minutes and there is no extra sauce to be made.

Scotch Bonnet Grilled Fish

1 tsp. dried leaf tarragon
1 tsp. dried leaf basil
1 tsp. leaf thyme
1 tsp. dried leaf of oregano
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. fennel seed
1 tsp. anise seed
2 cups of vegetable oil
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon dry white wine
1 Scotch bonnet or jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
6 small, whole white-fleshed fish (like snapper)
Preheat the grill. In a shallow bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the fish and mix well. Coat each fillet in the spice mix, turning to cover evenly. Cook on grill over medium coals, turning once, until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, about 15 minutes. Serves 6.

Note: Brushing a little vegetable oil on the grill before cooking could help stop the fish from sticking to the grill.

Curried Fish Steaks

Ingreidients
3 tablespoons oil or fat
2 tablespoons chopped onion
1 clove of garlic
2 tablespoons curry powder
1 cup water or coconut milk
A little lime juice
Piece of green mango
Salt to taste
1 1/2 lb. prepared fish steaks
Method
Heat the oil, add the onion and garlic and fry them lightly but do not brown. Add the curry powder, stir and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add water or coconut milk, lime juice and mango, and cook until thick. Put in fish and cook gently until tender. Do not stir fish, but prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan, the pan may be moved gently backward and forward.

SALMON AND YAM FRIES (great source of proteins ..low glycemic carbs..good fats{omega 6 and 9} and full of antioxidants and beta carroten)

-Take a half pound or so of salmon and slice it into nice sized steaks.
-Spray non fat pam oil in a flat grill type pan so that when salmon is fryed the excess fat melts off.
-Season salmon with pepper and garlic.
-Fry salmon on one side till dark before turning to give it a nice color.
-give salmon a pinch of salt as it comes off the fryer.
-Slice medium sized yam into long "french fry" cuts
-microwave till tender.
-Spray pam into a clean pan then add tenders yams and fry a bit till the outside is crunchy.

CURRIED BEAR SANDWHICH with MANGO-APPLE CHUTNEY SAUCE

2 Slices of multi-grain with nuts bread.
1 Can of coconut milk
1 pack of Lee Kum Kee curry sauce
1 cut local bear kill (3-5lbs will do), preferably grizzly as they are more tender and have a stronger taste
1 chopped 0nion
1 chopped tomato
1 tablespoon of chili powder

Sauce instructions:

Add coconut milk and LKK curry sauce to a pan and bring to a medium boil. Add chopped onions, tomatos, and spices. and bring to a simmer. Add bear meat and let it cook for 2-3 hours.

Here is a link for the Mango-Chutney sauce for dipping your delicious, savory scented sandwhich into.

http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1715,132178-255192,00.html

Toast multi-grain bread add some lettuce, enclose with curried bear.

Eat and dip. Enjoy!

Recipe I like... not sure how exactly healthy it is - you tell me, but it definately has a lot of protein!

First off make sure you have a huge pot, the one I use you can plug it in and it will simmer stews, or whatever in it.

Pretty much all it is, is turkey chili. Just get yourself some 99% lean turkey burger meat, some organic/healthy tomato paste/sauce (and even if you use the regular dont beat yourself over it, its not a big deal) and personally I like to add like 3-4 different kinds of beans to make it taste better. So 1 can of each for those. I like to put a little chopped onion in my chili as well, but this isn't required, up to you. Season to taste/perference.

It'll last for quite a few meals, and its loaded with protein from the turkey meat and all the beans, it's also very filling. I like to eat mine with rice, as unusual as that may sound.

Uberkraut said:
I like to eat mine with rice, as unusual as that may sound.

Hells no! Chili and rice is a good, cheap way to get fed for real cheap...a Hawaiian staple...

...esp. good with a fried egg (or cooked sunny) on top of the rice, before adding chili...

...a decent rice cooker ($30-$50) and a 50lb bag of rice ($20) will set you back a bit, but will keep you fed for a few months cheaply...

Cabbage Satay Stir-Fry

ingredients:
10 oz. Beef, Top Round, Chopped
1 cup Red Cabbage, chopped
6 Stalks Asparagus, chopped
1/3 broccoli head, torn into pieces
3.5 ounces Peanut Satay Sauce
1 Tablespoon Safflower, Peanut, or Canola Oil

Note: Do not use the very bottom of the asparagus stalks. Cut off the bottom inch and throw it away.

1) Warm the pan to 250-300 degree. Add the oil.
2) I like to start with the asparagus (cause I like it soft at the end)
3) Add everything else but the Peanut Satay 1-2 minutes later.
4) Stir-fry all that until the meat is cooked. You may have to use a bit of water to keep the veggies from sticking.
5) Add the Peanut Satay in for a final 30 seconds (to get it warm).

There's about 20g of sugar in the Peanut Satay, there, so this is best for PWO if you're being strict on the high-GI carbs, but there may be some sugar-reduced versions out there. I have only one option at Raley's.

Garlic Sauteed Spinach

1-2 lbs spinach; stalks removed and washed well (or use baby spinach-all)
2 T minced garlic (the pre-chopped stuff in a jar is good eatin')
~1 T lemon juice
oil
optional: 1-2 T butter

Heat 2 T oil (olive, canola) and saute garlic for 1 min. Add spinach, saute 1 min.-cover (you may need to add a tablespoon of water, white wine or beer if the spinach is dry). Let cook for 2 min. Uncover, season w/ salt and pepper, cook until all spinach is wilted. Put in bowl or plate, and mix w/ lemon juice. Add butter, or for you health freaks, some flax seed oil.

A very large amount of spinach will turn into very little, so feel free to use up to 2-3 lbs of spinach for this...a good way to eat spinach if you're getting sick of salads all the damn time

Loco Moco - a Hawaiian classic: probably REAL bad for you, but dammit it's good and my favorite excuse to eat gravy...

1 lb ground beef
1 T teriyaki sauce (don't use too much)
1 T garlic-minced fine
1-2 T onion-minced fine (too big and your burgers will get fucked)
1 T breadcrumbs
salt and pepper to season

Mix all, form into patties, and use your Foreman grill (you SHOULD have one: perfect for burgers and chicken breasts) to cook 'em, bout 4-5 mins. per side...remove to a plate and cover loosely with foil...

Make some rice (actually start this before the burgers): I prefer white rice, but I suppose you can use brown, or even garlic fried rice, but for fucks sake don't use that minute rice crap

Mix up some gravy: I'm not picky: that powdered gravy mix from Costco is fine with me-I just add some canned mushrooms and use a bit less water to make sure it's not watery-just make sure you use brown gravy

Fry up 3 eggs, sunny side up (use oil spray in a non-stick pan)

Assemble like this: mound of rice in plate, hamburger patties on top (2), slide eggs onto patties, yolk side down, and top all with gravy...season w/ pepper

Makes about 2-3 (or more) lbs of food, and a heaping amount of calories. Almost a perfect comfort food.

Anyone have a recipe for a good salad dressing?

Draft said:
Anyone have a recipe for a good salad dressing?

Put balamic vinegar in mixing a bowl
Add mustard (yellow french's or the expensive shit) and use a wisk to emulsify the mix. Then add extra-virgin olive oil and wisk until completely mixed.

You'll have to play with the amounts, but it tastes pretty damn good over a mixed green salad.

Apple Cider Vineager is also an excellent choice.

Hopefully nobody posted this already, but I thought I would add to the list of foods.

Healthy Pancakes

Makes 1 servering

Ingredients:
1/2 cup dry oats (like plain oatmeal)
1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
3 egg whites
1 egg
1 packet of spelnda (probably amounts to 1tsp)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbs vanilla extract
Sugar Free Syrup

How to:
Mix together using blender. Spray pan with PAM cooking spray. Pour batter like typical pancake batter. Top off with sugar free syrup.

Feel free to add sliced bananna or berries into the batter as well.

Completely good for you and tastes excellent too. My trainer gave me this recipe and I make it all the time. Enjoy!

Sloppy Joe's

1lb ground turkey
16oz can red kidney beans
1 medium onion
garlic (as much as you like)
1 packet taco seasoning

1. Cook ground turkey in saute pan with onion and garlic
2. Drain what little fat there is
3. Add kidney beans and taco seasoning and cook until beans are warm
4. Salt and peper to taste

You can put this on a whole wheat bun or eat it as is. It's also a good filling for taco's

Peanut Butter Treats

These are particularly good if you are trying to gain weight and want a sweet but do not want to sacrifice eating healthy.

3/4 Cup All Natural Peanut Butter
1/4 Cup Honey
1 Scoop Chocolate Protein Powder (You could use others flavors though they will most likely not taste as good.)
1/2 Cup Raw Oats

- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl and role into one inch balls. Place in an air-tight container and refrigerate

Makes approximately 16 balls.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 ball
Calories 174
Total Fat 6g
Saturated Fat 1g
Cholesterol 2mg
Sodium 9mg
Total Carbohydrates 9g
Sugars 5g
Protein 5g
Calcium 9mg
Potassium 14mg
Iron 2%, Niacin 8%, Vitamin E 4%

JamEs

King Kabuki said:
"Superbowl" of Breakfast
mix in microwave-safe bowl
1 egg
1 cup of milk
1 scoop of your favorite whey protein (vanilla)
3/4 cup of oats
handful of almonds
1/2 cup of frozen fruit (I use a blend of blueberries, rasberries, blackberries)

Microwave for about 4 minutes or until it has the consistency that you like in your oats. I eat this with a pair of wholegrain frozen waffles and a protein shake. It'll stick some meat to your bones.

That "superbowl" was excellent. thanks. I added 2 egg whites for a little extra protein. Great recipe and easy to substitue preferences (ie strawberries or something like that instead of others). Thanks again

Back