The Official Recipe Thread:

D-licious shake
I made this shake today cause I noticed that there we're fresh strawberries on sale, real cheap.
Also, I added some stuff to make the most wicked pwo-shake I ever tasted.
It goes something like this..

8 strawberries (medium size)
3/4 cup protein powder (I used regular whey)

Fried Chicken.

Crisp coating.
4 boneless chicken breasts cut into strips

I don't know if this is healthy or good for you, but I've been eating this everyday. If this isn't good for my diet can someone please tell me.

Ingrediants
55% Fat Free Turkey Bacon
2 Eggs
2 Slices Whole Wheat Bread

Toast the bread, while the bread is toasting, cut up the bacon into really small peieces. Start to cook the bacon and then throw the eggs on it. Cook the eggs with the bacon however you want and make it into a sandwich. I usually have this for lunch.

El Cangri said:
I don't know if this is healthy or good for you, but I've been eating this everyday. If this isn't good for my diet can someone please tell me.

Ingrediants
55% Fat Free Turkey Bacon
2 Eggs
2 Slices Whole Wheat Bread

Toast the bread, while the bread is toasting, cut up the bacon into really small peieces. Start to cook the bacon and then throw the eggs on it. Cook the eggs with the bacon however you want and make it into a sandwich. I usually have this for lunch.

I would ditch the bacon, 55% fat free means that 45% of it is fat. Thats a hell of a lot of fat.

Clint07 said:
I would ditch the bacon, 55% fat free means that 45% of it is fat. Thats a hell of a lot of fat.

Ok, I will then. do you know of any other meats I can add. Like would adding a slice of deli ham or something be bad? Thanks clint, your always there answering my dumb questions.

Tas - t breakfast ---

2 eggs lightly scrambled
2 tbsp flaxmeal
2 handfuls of 100% whole grain oats
handful of chopped spinach
diced onions
pepper and hot suace to taste
microwave for about 1 min 15 secs wala!

El Cangri said:
Ok, I will then. do you know of any other meats I can add. Like would adding a slice of deli ham or something be bad? Thanks clint, your always there answering my dumb questions.
add smoked turkey breast or perhaps some marinated (sugarfree) chicken.

El Cangri said:

Yeah some low fat ham would be good, or like spellr said turkey or chicken would both work as well. Pretty much any low fat deli meat should work.

Mike's Damn Fine Yogurt-Medley-in-a-Bowl

• Use plain, nonfat yogurt. Scoop desired amount into a bowl
  • Add 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein
  • Add a bit of plain, dry oatmeal
  • Add a bunch o' crumbled walnuts
  • Add either a handfull of raisens or blueberries, if in season
  • Add a few dashes o' cinnamon
  • Add a few dashes of SugarTwin Brown Sugar substitute
Mix it up and enjoy. All the ingredients I have just sitting in my pantry, so it takes me 5 minutes to whip this up in the morning. As far as amounts of ingredients, you'll have to experiment to get the desired consistancy you want.

Rynoplasty said:
This is a really quick and easy Honey marinade for chicken. This is delicious and pretty healthy too especially if you use all natural orange juice.

Here's a really healthy recipe if you're bored of chicken salad.

Chicken Breast w/Chinese Broccoli
1 serving
Ingredients:
2 full chicken breasts chopped in about 1inch by 1inch pieces
chinese broccoli (a good handful) chopped up anyway you like (you could eat the stems but the leafy part is where most of the nutrients are at)
teaspoon of fish sauce
half a teaspoon of soysauce
teaspoon of white or brown sugar
4-5 cloves of chopped garlic
1/4 med sized onion chopped
olive oil (a few drops of it, then use a napkin to spread it equally on the wok or frying pan)

Marinate the chopped chicken breasts w/oyster sauce/soy sauce/fish sauce/sugar (and some black pepper if you like spicy foods or dried red peppers)

Heat up pan in wok/pan at med-high temp.
Throw in garlic and onions and sautee till light brown.
Throw in chicken and cook for 3-5min.
Use a pan/wok lid to cover top and steam chicken for 2-3 min
Throw in chopped chinese broccoli and cover top w/lid for another 2-4 min.
(If its too dry just add a little water and let it cook w/lid over pan/wok for a few more min.

You can eat it w/rice but I like it protein style w/no carbs.

^^^ chinese brocolli is the shiz; probably one of the best leafy green vegatables for you, and damn good tasting too...

...also good when cut into 2-3" pieces, blanched (boiled) briefly for 3-5 mins., and tossed with a bit of garlic, oyster sauce, sesame oil and black pepper...

...and don't hate on the rice; your body needs the carbs to restore glycogen stores if you're fight training; at the very least, eat brown rice

Terumo's Pre-Workout Vanilla Latte From Hell

8 oz strongly brewed coffee
8 oz skim milk
1.5 scoops vanilla Biotest Metabolic Drive protein powder

Brew the coffee so it is as as thick as possible. Put coffee pot into an ice bath to chill. Drink a cup of coffee while you wait for the chilling. Once nice and cool, put the coffee in a shaker cup and top with milk and protein powder. Shake vigorously, and add ice cubes if desired.

Mix everything together, and you get this:
F - 2g / C - 20g / P - 41g / Caffeine - 200mg

Terumo's Spicy-Tuna-Roll-In-A-Bowl

Yes, it rhymes.

1/2 C. short or medium grain brown rice (volume uncooked)
1 6 oz. can albacore tuna
A few generous squirts of Sriracha chili sauce (available @ any Asian market & some supermarkets)
Toasted sesame seeds
1 sheet of nori (dried seaweed, available @ any Asian market), scored into small strips

Cook rice, let cool, and mix in tuna and Sriracha. Stir. Note that Sriracha is essential. No other hot sauce will give this unique flavor. Add sesame seeds and nori, and you should have a rather familiar taste.

F - 3g / C - 80g / P - 45g

Terumo's Peanut Butter Fudge

I swear this tastes just like peanut butter fudge, and with a lot better nutritional profile. Mind you, this is still a fairly hardcore recipe, principally intended for bulking regimens. Nonetheless, it will help satiate the need for a sweet fix.

3 T. trans-fat-free peanut butter
1 packet Quaker "Lower Sugar" Maple & Brown Sugar Oatmeal
2 oz. skim milk
1 sc. vanilla or chocolate protein powder (vanilla for a stronger PB taste)

Mix oat packet and peanut butter into a "glob." (Oats need not be cooked.) Slowly add milk. Once all of the milk has been added, the concoction should be quite soupy. Slowly mix-in protein powder, and continue to stir until the texture is homogenous.

It's even better if you throw it in the freezer for a few minutes before consuming. Pop a few fish oil caps if you want to balance out the fatty acid ratio.

F - 26g / C - 26g / P - 34g

Terumo's Asian Tuna Burgers

This one is actually a spin-off of a Steve (John's little bro) Berardi recipe. For guys that don't like tuna, I assure you, this is much milder and all-around better. It more closely resembles crabcake than tuna.

4 - 6 oz cans chunk white tuna in water, drained
2 eggs, whisked
16 saltine crackers, crushed finely
1 tsp. Thai Kitchen green curry paste
1/2 tsp. chili oil
1 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. salt

Throughly mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Form six 1/2 - 3/4" thick patties, tightly packed. Dust a skillet with Smart Balance oil or cooking spray. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes, flip, and cook for 3 minutes. Immediately transfer burgers to a large sheet of aluminum foil and cover while hot. This will allow them to "cook" some more with convection heat.

Each burger contains:

F - 6g / C - 5g / P - 24g

Terumo's Pseudo-Cheesecake

1 C. fat-free cottage cheese
1 sc. of a casein-based, vanilla protein powder (Metabolic Drive or MuscleMilk)
0.5 tsp. vanilla extract
0.5 C. low-fat granola, Grape Nuts, or All-Bran

First, mix protein powder and vanillainto cottage cheese. It really needs to be a casein-based powder, as the casein in the protein and the isolated casein in the cottage cheese will congeal--100% whey will not be tasty. After that, mix in your "fake crust" of choice. I prefer the granola. This is tasty stuff and absurdly filling.

F - 2g / C - 28g / P - 44g (Fat content subject to change if using MuscleMilk)

Back