The Official Recipe Thread:

BREAKFEST MILKSHAKE

i usually drink this beverage with my breakfest, it tastes really good, and it goes well with almost any meal...

1 egg
2 bannanas
milk ( as much as you like )

put 2 bananas in the mixer, and then crack an egg in it. add enough milk to cover it all up ( or just put as much milk as you want ). mix it up and youre ready to go!

easy, cheap, tasty... what do you want more? :p

So, you just drink a whole bunch of insulin-spiking sugar with your breakfast? Excellent.

i edited the post, it actually tastes alot better without sugar :/

my bad...

here are some recipes for sweet patato from luke cummos myspace page.

Sweet Potato Recipes

Sweet potato is an amazing food to lose weight and gain energy. Here are a few concoctions that I invented while training:

Sweet Potato and Peanut Butter
(the name kinda says it all)
-Just slice the potatos into whatever shape you want (I like thick slices)
-Then bake them until they're crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside
-Smear them with natural (organic) peanut butter and ENJOY!

Sweet Potato Breakfast
-Chop up the potatos into small cubes and put them into a small pot
-Fill the pot up with water until the potatos are just about covered
-Boil them until they're soft
-Add whatever spices you like... I use cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg
-Then mash it all up in a bowl
-If you want to you can add: oatmeal in before you boil everything, and soymilk instead of water

Sweet Potato Shark Soup
Caution: this meal with give you super workout power!
Ingredients: sweet potatos, shark meat, onion, jalapeno pepper
-Chop the potato into large (1") cubes and put them in a large pot
-Fill the pot with water a little higher than the potatos, then boil them
-Cut the shark meat about the same size as the potato, then throw it in when the
potatos are almost cooked (begin to get soft)
-Chop the onion in half, then cut each half into thin half-circles; chop the pepper finely
-When the potatos and meat are fully (not over) cooked, turn off the stove, throw in
the onion and pepper, and put a top on the pot.
-Add a pinch of salt if you like - Serve hot and ENJOY!

Maui style Mahi Mahi

3 Mahi Mahi fillets (or 4) from CostCo-defrosted in bowl of water

saute chopped garlic (2-3 Tbls) in 1Tbutter+1T oil (or 2T olive oil) on medium for 2 min (don't burn garlic)

turn off heat, add 1tsp honey, 2 Tbls lemon juice, 2-3 Tbls teriyaki sauce (Yoshida's or Soy Vay-damn dem jews make a good teriyaki), pepper; mix well

put fish in plastic bag, pour marinade in-marinate 30 mins.

saute fish in 1-2T oil+butter (or just oil if you're one of those fat-phobic freaks) for 5 mins. each side, baste with marinade...

good way to eat the cheapest fish sold at Costco...good w/ rice/brown rice and steamed broccoli or sauteed spinach

This is a really quick and easy Honey marinade for chicken. This is delicious and pretty healthy too especially if you use all natural orange juice.

• 1 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
• 1/3 cup orange juice
• 1/4 cup honey
• 1 green onion, chopped (optional)
• 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves
In a large self-closing plastic bag, combine first six ingredients; mix well. Place chicken in bag and seal tightly. Turn bag gently to distribute marinade.
Refrigerate 15 minutes or up to 30 minutes for stronger flavor. Turn bag occasionally.
Lightly grease grill rack. Preheat grill to medium heat. Remove chicken from marinade; reserve the marinade.

Grill 6 to 8 minutes per side or until juices run clear. Discard leftover marinade.

Marinated Chicken Breast.

I don't measure, so I don't know the exact amounts, but I'll guess right now.

3/4 cup of Olive Oil
2 or 3 heaping tablespoons of Mustard (I like dijon, but any mustard will do)
4-6 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon of rosemary (if it's dry, break it up in your hand first)
1/2 a teaspoon of basil

In a bowl, add the olive oil and mustard, and mix that until it's about as emulsified as you think it's going to get. Toss in the crushed garlic, rosemary, and basil. Mix, and set aside.

Get one of those big ziplock bags, and toss in 2 or 3, or hell.. 4 or 5 chicken breasts, and pour the marinade over. Mix it around good in the bag, shake it up and make sure the chicken is completely covered.

Stick it in the fridge and let it chill out for as long as you want. An hour, two hours, 12 hours, the longer it is, the stronger the flavour will be.

Cook it how you'd normally cook it. Though I suggest if you're cooking on a grill or going to pan sear it, to wipe off the excess marinade. If you're going to bake it, leave it on, it just means more flavour.

When it's done, squirt it with a bit of lemon juice, and you're good to go.

Got this off a body building wep site:

Protein Pancake

The Protein Pancake is one of my favorites for many reasons. First off, it is quick and easy to make. Second off, it is easy to pack and take with you anywhere and will hold up without going bad for most of the day. You will need a blender and a large nonstick frying pan Ingredients are to make 1 large pancake(easiest way).

Ingredients:
6 Egg Whites (1 yoke optional)
? to 1 Cup Oatmeal
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon (No Sugar)

Preparation Directions:
Separate the egg whites from the yokes and add raw, regular oatmeal, and cinnamon into blender. Mix until it becomes a liquid.
Cooking Directions:
Pour the mixture into a non-stick frying pan and fry. Once you see bubbles forming around the edges, flip and cook until solid.

My post workout shake:

3 bananas
2 apples
1 cup vanilla non-fat yogart
1/2 cup almonds or pecans

makes 1-2 servings

fried chicken breast with stuff:

ingredients (1 serving): half fresh chicken breast, 1 medium zucchini, 1 clove of garlic, 1 lemon, small handful fresh basil, salt and pepper, 3 tablespoons olive oil.

fry sliced chicken breast in oil on medium heat till more or less done, add chopped garlic, simmer for 1 minute, add diced zucchini, simmer for 2 minutes, squeeze out lemon into pan, simmer for 5 minutes, add chopped basil and serve with pasta.

good tuna

6oz can of tuna
spoonful of mustard
spoonful of dill relish

mix it all togeather and eat it by its self or on what ever you like, i use a ww tortilla

1 can of low-sodium Tuna in water
1/2 stalk of celery - chopped finely
2 apple wedges diced (use Green apples)
2 TBSP of Balsalmic Vinegar
1 TBSP of mustard (optional)
1 TBSP of Honey
pinch of ground pepper

eat with whatever bread or on its own.

Easy meal? Just cook any meat, and any veggies and pour spagetti sauce over it.

Spagetti sauce is the new ketchup. Lots of fiber too, and only downside is moderate sodium, but you can buy low sodium sauce.

heres a recipe for a shake

2-3 scoops chocolate protein powder
1 serving almonds/pecans
dash of cinnamon
cofee, use the coffee as the base just like you would water
and as much ice as you want

its a really good shake. make sure you cool down the coffee before you make the shake or it will melt the ice first.

also you can make it and then freeze it for an hour then eat it like ice cream. very good

wenispinkle said:
heres a recipe for a shake

2-3 scoops chocolate protein powder
1 serving almonds/pecans
dash of cinnamon
cofee, use the coffee as the base just like you would water
and as much ice as you want

its a really good shake. make sure you cool down the coffee before you make the shake or it will melt the ice first.

also you can make it and then freeze it for an hour then eat it like ice cream. very good

Holy shit that sounds good. Don't take this the wrong way wenis....but I love you.

Beef stew w/ veggies (no salt)
One pack of beef stew cut meat straight from grocery store.
Brown meat in a LARGE pot with spices like pepper, garlic powder, cumin.

After meat is fully cooked, drain any fat and fill the pot just over halfway with water.
Add as many veggies as you can get your hands on. I like fresh spinach, carrots, bell peppers, broccoli, string beans and a small amount of red potatoes to add thickness.
Add half an envelope of red chili powder found in the Mexican Food section of the grocery store.
Add more of the same spices you used for the meat.
Add a can of diced tomato. If you are adventurous add the kind with chilis.

Let this all cook together at a low boil covered (with lid slightly lifted to avoid boil over) for two hours. You will be tempted to eat the stew after the first hour of cooking. Trust me, it will be worth the wait! The meat will be REALLY tender, all the flavors will fuse together and it will be the best stew you have ever tasted. You can replace the beef with chicken or combine the two. with chicken I usually get the bagged chicken tenders, cook them in the toaster oven (quicker to cook when frozen) and cut them up prior to adding the water.

This is something I like to make, very convenient:

1c cottage cheese
1c canned pumpkin
pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon to taste
a packet of Splenda

Delish.

Back