The Official Dragon Ball (Z, GT, S, etc.) Franchise Discussion Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was re-reading the manga version of Hit vs Goku in the U6 tournament and I noticed it's a lot different from what's shown in the anime. A quick rundown of the differences:

1. Goku doesn't use Kaioken at all
2. Hit's time leap works a bit differently and it doesn't improve during the fight
3. How Goku skillfully uses his transformations
4. Goku's reason for forfeiting is MUCH dumber
5. It's pretty much confirmed that both Goku and Vegeta are stronger than Hit.

More detailed explanations:

During the fight, Goku uses normal SSJ, SSG (Red hair) and SS Blue.

Hit's time leap works for 0.1 second. It doesn't improve during the match. His max is 0.1. Now, Whis's explanation isn't in the anime, IIRC. Hit's time leap effectiveness depends on the difference in his power level and his opponent.

If his power level is the same or higher than his opponent, it will work for 0.1 second. If his opponent's power is higher, it will work for less than 0.1 second. The higher his opponent's power is than his, the smaller the duration of his time leap.

Goku starts off in his base and his deduction of why Hit has his hands in his pockets is the same. He powers up to SSJ and eventually to SSG (Red hair). That's when we first start seeing Hit's time leap become shorter.

To counteract Goku's higher power level, Hit powers up to his max power. He was hiding his true power. However, with Hit fully powered up, he can only use his time leap once.

Once he uses it, Goku goes SS Blue midway to shorten it again, getting the upper hand and then shoots that big Kamehameha which Hit barely dodges

In the anime, he quit because Hit was holding back his killing techniques and his body couldn't handle the combination of Kaioken + SSB any longer.

In the manga, Goku was fine. He could continue but forfeited, anyway. Partly because Hit couldn't go all out with his killing techniques but mostly because he wanted to see Monaka fight. He still thinks Monaka is the strongest Beerus has faced and doesn't realize how dumb his decision is.

Hit throws the fight to Monaka in the same way, though

So, it's pretty much confirmed by Goku that Vegeta is stronger than Hit. Whis explains that Vegeta was unable to tap into even 1/10 his max power against Hit because Vegeta unnecessarily went Blue against Cabba. SS Blue isn't a transformation that can be used repeatedly in a short amount of time and still be effective.

So there you have it. They made Hit seem stronger in the anime and gave Goku kaioken. I dunno why. Maybe for fanservice reasons?

I was re-reading the manga version of Hit vs Goku in the U6 tournament and I noticed it's a lot different from what's shown in the anime. A quick rundown of the differences:

2. Hit's time leap works a bit differently and it doesn't improve during the fight

Hit's time leap works for 0.1 second. It doesn't improve during the match. His max is 0.1. Now, Whis's explanation isn't in the anime, IIRC. Hit's time leap effectiveness depends on the difference in his power level and his opponent.

If his power level is the same or higher than his opponent, it will work for 0.1 second. If his opponent's power is higher, it will work for less than 0.1 second. The higher his opponent's power is than his, the smaller the duration of his time leap.

Goku starts off in his base and his deduction of why Hit has his hands in his pockets is the same. He powers up to SSJ and eventually to SSG (Red hair). That's when we first start seeing Hit's time leap become shorter.

To counteract Goku's higher power level, Hit powers up to his max power. He was hiding his true power. However, with Hit fully powered up, he can only use his time leap once.

Once he uses it, Goku goes SS Blue midway to shorten it again, getting the upper hand and then shoots that big Kamehameha which Hit barely dodges

In the anime, he quit because Hit was holding back his killing techniques and his body couldn't handle the combination of Kaioken + SSB any longer.

In the manga, Goku was fine. He could continue but forfeited, anyway. Partly because Hit couldn't go all out with his killing techniques but mostly because he wanted to see Monaka fight. He still thinks Monaka is the strongest Beerus has faced and doesn't realize how dumb his decision is.

So, it's pretty much confirmed by Goku that Vegeta is stronger than Hit. Whis explains that Vegeta was unable to tap into even 1/10 his max power against Hit because Vegeta unnecessarily went Blue against Cabba. SS Blue isn't a transformation that can be used repeatedly in a short amount of time and still be effective.

So there you have it. They made Hit seem stronger in the anime and gave Goku kaioken. I dunno why. Maybe for fanservice reasons?

Fuck the manga, the anime is the main canon anyways.

In short vegeta would kick hits ass, the only person in the series vegeta is behind is g9ku and now beerus and whis' people. Vegeta is the best character in dragonball.

vegeta_enfadado.jpg

Enormous fan.........but i dont watch Super and i find it disgrace to the Dragon Ball franchise.......Akira is out of his mind and he is doing it only for money..........

btw GT >>> Super

I have never eaten buffalo meat because it's not good for the environment.
btw Buffalo meat >>> Beef

what in the fuk are you talking about.

Gotta say I like the design can't wait to see what the others look like
http://comicbook.com/anime/2017/01/18/dragon-ball-super-reveals-new-god-of-destruction-angel/

dragon0-ball-super-225815.png

User said:
When it comes to Dragon Ball Super, plenty of brand-new characters were introduced to fans, but few have become as popular as Beerus. The cat-like God of Destruction returned to the franchise following his cinematic debut in Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods, and he has become an unwitting ally to Goku and his friends. As an all-new saga of Dragon Ball Super prepares to make its debut, fans are wondering what the other universes’ gods of destruction will look like.

UP NEXT: Dragon Ball Super: Who Are The Other Gods Of Destruction?

So, it’s time to get hyped. Fans have finally been given a look at one of the brand-new gods of destruction and their angel overseer.

In the most recent issue of Dragon Ball Park Monthly, fans were teased with an image of the duo. Unlike Beerus, the yet-named god looks more humanoid thanks to his short stature and classic features. If anything, the unknown character looks like a hobbit with his bushy facial hair, but his clothing looks properly Egyptian.

As for the angel, he looks similar to Whis, but the new characters looks more strict than the eccentric angel. Dressed in brown robes and carrying a staff, the unnamed angel carries the same sort of gravitas that Vados holds without much of the overt sass.

So far, fans know little about the gods of destruction. They already know Beerus and Champa oversee those universes with the help of their angel attendants Whis and Vados. However, there are 10 other universes who must be accounted for, and all of them will soon be introduced.

The only hints fans have received about the Gods involvement with Dragon Ball Super have come from Toei Animation’s trailer for the “Universal Survival” arc. The trailer showed Beerus in the company of Shin, Universe 7’s Supreme Kai. As for the Supreme Kai, fans will most certainly learn more about those who fill the position. Audiences have been introduced to the Kai of Universes 6, 7, and 10, so fans will learn about the other universes’s overseers given their close relationship with the Gods of Destruction.

In February, Dragon Ball Super's story arc is set to kick off with the ‘Universal Survival’ saga. You can check out the brief synopsis for it below:

“At Goku’s request, the Omni-Kings’ “Tournament of Power” martial arts tournament between universes now begins! …But this also proves to be the beginning of universal destruction. What awaits the victors of this tournament, and the vanquished…?! How will these intense team battles between the elites of each universe turn out…?

Gotta say I like the design can't wait to see what the others look like
http://comicbook.com/anime/2017/01/18/dragon-ball-super-reveals-new-god-of-destruction-angel/

dragon0-ball-super-225815.png

User said:
When it comes to Dragon Ball Super, plenty of brand-new characters were introduced to fans, but few have become as popular as Beerus. The cat-like God of Destruction returned to the franchise following his cinematic debut in Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods, and he has become an unwitting ally to Goku and his friends. As an all-new saga of Dragon Ball Super prepares to make its debut, fans are wondering what the other universes’ gods of destruction will look like.

UP NEXT: Dragon Ball Super: Who Are The Other Gods Of Destruction?

So, it’s time to get hyped. Fans have finally been given a look at one of the brand-new gods of destruction and their angel overseer.

In the most recent issue of Dragon Ball Park Monthly, fans were teased with an image of the duo. Unlike Beerus, the yet-named god looks more humanoid thanks to his short stature and classic features. If anything, the unknown character looks like a hobbit with his bushy facial hair, but his clothing looks properly Egyptian.

As for the angel, he looks similar to Whis, but the new characters looks more strict than the eccentric angel. Dressed in brown robes and carrying a staff, the unnamed angel carries the same sort of gravitas that Vados holds without much of the overt sass.

So far, fans know little about the gods of destruction. They already know Beerus and Champa oversee those universes with the help of their angel attendants Whis and Vados. However, there are 10 other universes who must be accounted for, and all of them will soon be introduced.

The only hints fans have received about the Gods involvement with Dragon Ball Super have come from Toei Animation’s trailer for the “Universal Survival” arc. The trailer showed Beerus in the company of Shin, Universe 7’s Supreme Kai. As for the Supreme Kai, fans will most certainly learn more about those who fill the position. Audiences have been introduced to the Kai of Universes 6, 7, and 10, so fans will learn about the other universes’s overseers given their close relationship with the Gods of Destruction.

In February, Dragon Ball Super's story arc is set to kick off with the ‘Universal Survival’ saga. You can check out the brief synopsis for it below:

“At Goku’s request, the Omni-Kings’ “Tournament of Power” martial arts tournament between universes now begins! …But this also proves to be the beginning of universal destruction. What awaits the victors of this tournament, and the vanquished…?! How will these intense team battles between the elites of each universe turn out…?

Interesting. At least all the Gods of Destruction don't look like Beerus but I wonder if all the angels will look like Whis

Interesting. At least all the Gods of Destruction don't look like Beerus but I wonder if all the angels will look like Whis
this gods angle looks way more strict than whis goku would probably piss this one off hope some angles are diffrent

Lol omg look who they turned into a god

Lol omg look who they turned into a god

Did I just see a female Broly? And a fucking clown as God of Destruction?
<{walkerwhut}>Wtf is this shit?
I'm kidding, it needs to be February right now <{jackyeah}>

Did I just see a female Broly? And a fucking clown as God of Destruction?
<{walkerwhut}>Wtf is this shit?
I'm kidding, it needs to be February right now <{jackyeah}>
if u look closely u can see a elephant god and one that looks hairy yes this arc NEEDS to hurry and come out

if u look closely u can see a elephant god and one that looks hairy yes this arc NEEDS to hurry and come out
Yea I paused and slowly scrolled through the video.

It'll be cool to see female Broly but if they make her embarrass Gohan or Vegeta, I'm stabbing someone

It'll be cool to see female Broly but if they make her embarrass Gohan or Vegeta, I'm stabbing someone
if I had to take guess who she will body it most likely be one of the weaker ppl on Goku team like roshi or krillen or tien or someone else on a different team

all the angles look the same the grand priest sperm game must be great if they are all his kids

Has anyone read the Viz manga? They've had the damn license since 99 and still haven't released it uncut.

all the angles look the same the grand priest sperm game must be great if they are all his kids
It may be it's a race and they all have blue skin and white hair. Grand Priest just happens to be the strongest of the race and his only kids are Vados and Whis

Fairly interesting filler Epi. Krillin and Gohan feeling the gap between Goku. Hopefully Gohan feels the need to buck up. But his character and thought process have been very inconsistent throughout Super.

Golden Frieza came, he almost dies using his Ki to summon Goku back. He regretted he gotten soft but does nothing about it.
Convince Future Trunks he is family guy now.
Saiyaman return and feel the need get stronger to protect his family after Alien invasion.
1 Epi later, he think Gohan is family guy, turn Saiyaman to spar with Goku.

What's with the back and fore? Either man up and train to protect your family or stay scholar.

EDIT:
@Horse Style and @lordsai
I must once again say, I really appreciate you guys using spoilers for manga or future leaks.

In short vegeta would kick hits ass, the only person in the series vegeta is behind is g9ku and now beerus and whis' people. Vegeta is the best character in dragonball.

View attachment 190589

Vegeta would try to brute force hit and not use tactics like goku does

Even if he didnt go SSB vs Cabba I would bet that he would still lose to hit

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back