The Official Dragon Ball (Z, GT, S, etc.) Franchise Discussion Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever was in charge of doing this scene should be fired

M66iYTN.png

Vegeta confirmed for skipping gym days. WTF is that all about? Bribing Whis to get out of training. Yeah, totally within Vegeta's character.

b46a8037d7c9ec634b9aa7d437b96bf2ee633f5b_hq.gif

a38c7a97ef90f3b9c286f334a97223b9722c7203_hq.gif

54fde1ffa6019aa40feb1911938a35ed2834f972_hq.jpg

So sick of Super shitting on Vegeta and reducing him to a skinny comic relief twink.

Vegeta confirmed for skipping gym days. WTF is that all about? Bribing Whis to get out of training. Yeah, totally within Vegeta's character.

So sick of Super shitting on Vegeta and reducing him to a skinny comic relief twink.
i havent started super yer but that is one thing I am not looking forward to. vegeta is my favorite character.

You can watch Super in english starting January 7th
on tv (what channel) or online? I used to watch the english ones on tv for dbz back in the day, you'd watch one part of a saga then wait months for new episodes, hated it.

on tv (what channel) or online? I used to watch the english ones on tv for dbz back in the day, you'd watch one part of a saga then wait months for new episodes, hated it.

Funimation English dub of Dragon Ball Super would air on Adult Swim Saturdays at 8 p.m. with an encore showing in their Toonami block later that night at 11:30 p.m. beginning January 7, 2017.

Adult swim and Toonami is on Cartoon Network

That's nothing compared to what they did with Gohan

They made every charater in Super less buff. That's just the art choice they are going with.

They made every charater in Super less buff. That's just the art choice they are going with.

that's akira's idea actually, the new guy in charge that is running the show wanted Goku's new saiyan form to make him more muscular, but Akira didn't want that, and the two came to the consensus to what you see now. I agree with Akira, don't need to see over muscled guys that look like they can't even scratch their own buttocks.

True but Vegeta has a more central role in Super. He's essentially the #2 main character. So for them to fuck over such a high-profile character is nothing short of disgraceful. I prefer when he was always angry, proud, and morally gray. Technically one of the good guys, but not necessarily a nice guy. An anti-hero in every sense of the word. Super has reduced him to something far less than that.

And as far as Gohan goes, they pretty much fucked him over right from his creation, with Chi-Chi pushing the books on him and Gohan himself saying he dreamed of becoming a scholar. You can't have him abandon that dream to become a badass fighter without effectively destroying everything that makes him who he is (someone with the same strength potential as Goku, but without the love for fighting).

fucking A man. Vegeta is my favorite man wtf

Not sure why people thinks that Vegeta wanting to skip training is a way the writers is nerfing him. As some have mentioned, it's him wanting to check out what Goku is doing/training on Earth. He specifically asked Whis the last Epi what Goku is doing before requesting to skip training.

It's not like Vegeta intends to skip training to meet with Bluma for a drink or something. You guy just hate the writers too much to misinterpret their every actions.

True but Vegeta has a more central role in Super. He's essentially the #2 main character. So for them to fuck over such a high-profile character is nothing short of disgraceful. I prefer when he was always angry, proud, and morally gray. Technically one of the good guys, but not necessarily a nice guy. An anti-hero in every sense of the word. Super has reduced him to something far less than that.

And as far as Gohan goes, they pretty much fucked him over right from his creation, with Chi-Chi pushing the books on him and Gohan himself saying he dreamed of becoming a scholar. You can't have him abandon that dream to become a badass fighter without effectively destroying everything that makes him who he is (someone with the same strength potential as Goku, but without the love for fighting).

His origins story is fine, Akira was pressured by the fan service mail to nix Gohan after the cell saga and center all the story on Goku. He should have stuck to his creative intentions but catered to popular opinion with one of the reasons probably being the feeling that his show might be canceled if he didn't (assuming here). Had he kept going with his original plans Gohans character development would be a lot different and he would have swayed public opinion with the final product of a fully grown and developed character.

Vegeta and even Goku's character development is due to very lazy story design and writing which would make dimensions of each character more pronounced and easier to draw from. Anime storytellers are usually good with this, even going way overboard in complexity like the people you would see in Death Note. However for these action type animes, they have only done enough to appease to younger generation who do not have as much life experience or stimulus to know what can make a good show in comparison to you and other members posting in this thread. It gets increasingly harder and harder to watch anime because we have seen it all and within the realms of reality experienced real life narrative that shape ones own moral sense and development of ones own character.

Just allow the process to happen and enjoy it for what it is.

His origins story is fine, Akira was pressured by the fan service mail to nix Gohan after the cell saga and center all the story on Goku.

It seems not many people here knows this. I have repeated it multiple times.

Not sure why people thinks that Vegeta wanting to skip training is a way the writers is nerfing him. As some have mentioned, it's him wanting to check out what Goku is doing/training on Earth. He specifically asked Whis the last Epi what Goku is doing before requesting to skip training.

It's not like Vegeta intends to skip training to meet with Bluma for a drink or something. You guy just hate the writers too much to misinterpret their every actions.

not really. I'm not used to seeing Vegeta act a bitch,

"granny's special sauce" or whatever the fuck?

1936766393-lawrence-office-space.jpg

Vegeta is the guy who, without hesitation, blew himself up against Fat Buu. He also fought Kid Buu, knowing he couldn't win, to give Goku time. He received the biggest ass whipping of his life to the point he couldn't move.

So why the fuck is he so scared of Beerus? He's faced fighters who were clearly stronger without ever tucking his tail. Even worse is that the likelihood that Beerus would kill him or destroy the Earth is very, very small.

They're slowly turning Vegeta into Krillin.

Vegeta is the guy who, without hesitation, blew himself up against Fat Buu. He also fought Kid Buu, knowing he couldn't win, to give Goku time. He received the biggest ass whipping of his life to the point he couldn't move.

So why the fuck is he so scared of Beerus? He's faced fighters who were clearly stronger without ever tucking his tail. Even worse is that the likelihood that Beerus would kill him or destroy the Earth is very, very small.

They're slowly turning Vegeta into Krillin.
In both of those examples he knew that at the end of the day the Z gang would be victorious. With Beerus, he knows neither he nor Goku stand a chance at all yet.

In both of those examples he knew that at the end of the day the Z gang would be victorious. With Beerus, he knows neither he nor Goku stand a chance at all yet.
He didn't know they'd beat Buu. Even Goku didn't seem sure.

EDIT: To clarify, I'm talking about when the two faced Kid Buu. No matter what they did, Buu kept reforming and SSJ3 was draining Goku's energy.

EDIT2: I should also add that Vegeta was fighting Kid Buu when he was already dead so if Buu destroyed his body in that state, he'd cease to exist and could not be wished back by anything.

Still he went in like a boss and took a helluva ass whipping

Low key one of my favorite fights in the series

I heard rumors that he would take a more center role in Super. Thus far, I am disappointed by his role. The show is good, better then GT but, not by much IMHO. It seems like an upsell of more crap. The most recent episode was a piss off.

I just watched Epi 71. I'm surprised they started the Epi the way they did. Super is very different compared to Z in story telling. Black Saga and this current one make it seems like mystery genre.

I saw the preview as well. I do not believe that Goku came back to life as someone you guys mentioned in the last page of the previous thread. I believe the fight is chronologically between Hit telling Goku he will end it with one strike and Gohan group reaching.

Probably to prove Goku isn't so weak, or to prove Hit isn't so far above Goku skill wise. Goku probably put up a semi-decent fight. And Epi 72 will end just like Epi 71, with the trio claiming Goku is dead and Epi 73 will mourn him when everyone gathers and receive the news.

EDIT:
If it is how I believe it plays out.
The question is, do fans want Goku to stay dead til the franchise finishes?
Vegeta and Gohan will rise up as many hoped since Z.
But I will presume this will not sit well with the Japanese fan, just like they didn't want Gohan to replace Goku during the 90s which directly resulted in Saiyaman Saga and nerfing of Gohan.

It pisses me off the role of Vegeta even more then Gohan which is retarded. Anybody notice Goku seems like a troll IE his role in Resurection?

I suspect both Goku and Vegeta will get even more powerful then Beerus. The premise behind all this stuff is cool but, with turning back time and having bad guys that are not nearly as powerful as the Gods, it leaves little worry or concern even if Beerus or Whis stay out of the way.

Can anyone explain Legendary Super Sayain/God like Trunks? I still don't get his power up?

Oh yeah, legit forgot the granny special sauce part. lmao, I guess I auto-delete bad things and only remember the good ones. Might be why everything is hunky dory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back