The No Twitter Mobs signup & discussion thread

No Twitter Mobs?

• Total voters
I'd like to see the comedians band together and do a very unPC sequel to the Aristocrats, a complete scorched Earthing of the professionally offended, something to leave even the Diceman in awe. It wouldn't even have to be funny, just an, "I am Spartacus." moment.

Understand that we're currently engaged in a 21st century Information War, whether any of us like it or not.

If you're going to shackle and hamstring yourself with your misguided notion of a "fair fight", while you're opposition has no concept of a fair fight, and is perfectly willing to ruin your livelihood and your life in any way they can, all you're doing is offering yourself up as a sacrificial lamb under the misguided notion that you're "standing on principle".

I understand your sentiment. Understand that your opposition doesn't share your sentiments.
Even if they say they do, their actions speak otherwise.

Sure. But since you believe in a market economy, which is one with a multitude of ideas and approaches, consider me the buoy and you the girl looking for convenient support when she needs it. Let's call her lack of grip an absence of conviction. :eek::D

tumblr_loxcyyWWFZ1qfr6udo4_400.gif

Sure. But since you believe in a market economy, which is one with a multitude of ideas and approaches, consider me the buoy and you the girl looking for convenient support when she needs it. Let's call her lack of grip an absence of conviction. :eek::D

tumblr_loxcyyWWFZ1qfr6udo4_400.gif
It's unclear what you're trying to communicate here.

"Views they don't hold"

You're out of your mind dude
That is exactly what I'm talking about, views they don't hold, and I gave examples. You really have to use your damn brain if you want to dance with me.

It's unclear what you're trying to communicate here.

Just means I recognize my approach is different than yours. More specifically, some of us probably need to cling to principle in order to establish a belief that morality really means something. Then when you bulldogs fighting the battles come back around seeking absolution there's something other than a pretense to justify your means. :D

It's human nature to partake in mob mentality and Twitter is just an excellent outlet for it. Straight up power tripping, feeling like you matter and can make a difference in the world. It really does make sense that the term "witch hunt" stuck.

That is exactly what I'm talking about, views they don't hold, and I gave examples. You really have to use your damn brain if you want to dance with me.
If they don't hold those views why did they say those things?

lol you don't have my support on this one. This smarmy little dork should be strung up for just who he is and what he does, regardless of any gross things he said (rather than merely implicitly planted in the minds of morons) in the past.

Latest? Is there a new one? Likewise, I see nothing wrong at all about that fuckwit getting shit canned for calling a second black Obama appointee an ape. I don't know how anyone could give her the benefit of the doubt on the second go around. It's not like calling women apes is a customary insult at all. If it was a big, burly black man, then maybe you could make the argument.
Roseanne's a tough one. She actually is pretty racist, and it's really hard for people to believe her that she didn't know the woman was black after her Susan Rice bullshit (I don't know why that's hard to see with Jarrett though, she really doesn't look black in most pictures to me). But, she was making a joke, and taking her show was unnecessary.

I put in Shapiro because he has admitted to saying a whole bunch of stupid shit, has corrected a fair amount of it, but still gets quoted on some of it. Granted, he hasn't taken that bad a Twitter beating, but he has been in the thick of this kind of stuff.

Now that the politically correct purity test is finally being applied to the left to the same degree that it was applied to the right for so long, suddenly the left now wants to end the very tactic they've employed on the right for decades.

Too bad lefties, sorry you don't like the taste of your own medicine. Turnabout is fair play.
You have no principles, only resentments. You have no place in this thread.

If they don't hold those views why did they say those things?
You are going on ignore, but before you do, you goddamn idiot, people change their views. Like Josh Hader, who was one of my examples. Now disappear, trick.

This is just an attempt by lefties to protect their sick in the head, pedo joking "comedians". Twitter mobbing conservatives is all the left has done for the past several years but now all the sudden Fawlty wants behave in a mature...all because of these pedo joking celebrities.

This is just an attempt by lefties to protect their sick in the head, pedo joking "comedians". Twitter mobbing conservatives is all the left has done for the past several years but now all the sudden Fawlty wants behave in a mature...all because of these pedo joking celebrities.
You're either with it or you're not. Don't troll my thread.

You are going on ignore, but before you do, you goddamn idiot, people change their views. Like Josh Hader, who was one of my examples. Now disappear, trick.
Lol you're just a sorry mother fucker after all

You're either with it or you're not. Don't troll my thread.

It's not trolling to point out the flaws in your argument. If you would like for your posts not to be challenged perhaps try the Mayberry lounge.

Roseanne's a tough one. She actually is pretty racist, and it's really hard for people to believe her that she didn't know the woman was black after her Susan Rice bullshit (I don't know why that's hard to see with Jarrett though, she really doesn't look black in most pictures to me). But, she was making a joke, and taking her show was unnecessary.

I put in Shapiro because he has admitted to saying a whole bunch of stupid shit, has corrected a fair amount of it, but still gets quoted on some of it. Granted, he hasn't taken that bad a Twitter beating, but he has been in the thick of this kind of stuff.

So are you suggesting that we should not criticize someone's Twitter posts at all? Does that extend to all of their public statements?

It's not trolling to point out the flaws in your argument. If you would like for your posts not to be challenged perhaps try the Mayberry lounge.
You're incorrect. I defended both Roseanne and Hader appropriately. I'll continue to until we learn how not to mob people for foolish things that they said and learned from years ago, and for jokes. Will you, or are you like Farmer Brown, who refuses to have principles?

You're incorrect. I defended both Roseanne and Hader appropriately. I'll continue to until we learn how not to mob people for foolish things that they said and learned from years ago, and for jokes. Will you, or are you like Farmer Brown, who refuses to have principles?

If by "mob people" you mean point out and highlight their statements them no i cant commit to that. It needs to be taken on a case by case basis. James Gunn and Dan Harmon deserved the extra scrutiny. Whether they should have been fired or not is up to their studios but they're are consequences for saying depraved, sick things.

There's no protecting these guys Fawlty. They crossed the line and now have to deal with the court of public opinion. The same court you guys have abused for decades.

If by "mob people" you mean point out and highlight their statements them no i cant commit to that. It needs to be taken on a case by case basis. James Gunn and Dan Harmon deserved the extra scrutiny. Whether they should have been fired or not is up to their studios but they're are consequences for saying depraved, sick things.

There's no protecting these guys Fawlty. They crossed the line and now have to deal with the court of public opinion. The same court you guys have abused for decades.
Then you support the use of social media to get people fired for jokes they made years ago, etc.

Scum, in other words. You can go now.

Then you support the use of social media to get people fired for jokes they made years ago, etc.

Scum, in other words. You can go now.

I'm not calling for anyone's job.

So when Dan Harmon posts a video, on twitter, of him putting an infants hand on his crotch we're not supposed to criticize that? He should be protected from scrutiny?

Back