The No Twitter Mobs signup & discussion thread

No Twitter Mobs?

• Total voters
Why is the poll

Yes.
Yes

What means?

I dont have a twitter but fuck that. Free speech has nothing to do with it. Free speech means you can say whatever you want. It does NOT mean you are free from consequences. If you think raping little boys is funny or saying ugly racist remarks publicly is a good thing to do than you will have to man up and face your consequences.
Basically. Fuck them, i dont care if they get fired.

I'm in, the recent cody garbrandt stuff has actually been an interesting watershed. In a lot of industries he would be fired and villified however i really respect how it has been handled by all concerned.
Cody explained that he was a dumb street kid in a mixed race group who all used the word in a non aggressive manner and many of his black colleagues like aljo have came out to publicly support him.
I also haven't really seen much criticism from fans or MMA media in general, i believe the medias reaction here was led by the fans and fighters opinion that this wasn't really a big deal at all, if we as a group had jumped on this i wonder how the media would have portrayed this and the actions the ufc would have had to take.

Maybe other communities could learn from this, the black fighters supporting him are not a bunch of easily offended betas looking to score victim points, they are acting like most blue collar guys who have some self respect and see acting like a victim is a weakness.

Reminds me of a chael sonnen quote, roughly, you can't respect someone and pity them at the same time.

It's like watching children at play.

Deep inside, I really dislike them all because they're loud, obnoxious and carry germs - but - every now and again they'll do something to make me smile and chuckle.

8yCoECgtKMqRik6FDiNpuY-1200-80.jpg

Liberals think tweeting lyrics with the n word is worse than calling for the genocide of white people

Liberals think tweeting lyrics with the n word is worse than calling for the genocide of white people
I take issue with this post sir. You and I both know liberals do NOT think...

Only on the condition that it is at least insta dump worthy, preferably low infraction inducing, to create a WR twitter thread about something dug up on someone

If a sitting politician gets found out of saying something, sure, that can be thread worthy. Random entertainer? Hell no

Also the YouTube videos/accounts of a nobody saying something racist to some other nobody, or a trump supporter complaining he got kicked out of a private business that can refuse service to anyone for wearing a maga hat

My position remains the same. Say whatever you want on Twitter. Just know that your comments are out there for everyone to see, and you could potentially be socially or financially effected by your comments. Before you hit that post button, think of how people might react to what you're about to say in a public setting, and wonder if maybe your phone or computer is giving you a false sense of security.

If you want to post offensive shit, don't be surprised when people get offended.

obv.

Silverman thread, Hader stuff, that racist Asian bitch, etc.

Oh, so when it is liberal people. So this is more selective outrage, rather than no outrage.

Why did you not include Rosanne?

Edit: I see later in the thread you defended Rosanne. So I guess you are being objectiveish. I am glad she was fired tho. Racist witch lol

I’m in but I think it needs to be understood that Twitter mobs are only effective in that they are leading indicators of other types of more-consequential activism - such as disruptive protests, boycotts and riots/vandalism. Twitter mobs in a vacuum would be easy to ignore. When you chase this rabbit down it’s hole you find the real problem is a lack of respect for the free exchange of ideas and this notion that the public narrative can be controlled by normalizing and marginalizing ideas as they suit ones agenda. Unless you’re ready to dispense with that tactic then you’re really not onboard with the purported intent of the OP

Last edited:
That's my issue. Why is she being protected like this? Who the hell is she? Her tweets are absurd. I don't even think she is genuinely racist per say, but she is quite off the rocker I would guess. She is also someone who has a really big mouth to post that stuff online, weird for a corporate entity to go to bat for a new employee like this.

She's not off her rocker. Jeez. Elite education and currently a star in her field. She was responding to stuff like, "Shut the fuck up you dog-eating g**k" with kind of satire. Didn't land, but in context, it makes sense.

As for the thread, I'm much more concerned about regular people getting fucked (especially fired) for having opinions (or "making them public" in a way that they didn't intend). Someone like Roseanne or the GotG guy will be fine. I see it as something that is between the involved parties, and I can express an opinion on it or not as I see fit.

Understand that we're currently engaged in a 21st century Information War, whether any of us like it or not.

If you're going to shackle and hamstring yourself with your misguided notion of a "fair fight", while you're opposition has no concept of a fair fight, and is perfectly willing to ruin your livelihood and your life in any way they can, all you're doing is offering yourself up as a sacrificial lamb under the misguided notion that you're "standing on principle".

I understand your sentiment. Understand that your opposition doesn't share your sentiments.
Even if they say they do, their actions speak otherwise.

Wow. If I didn't recognize this in your past behavior, it would read as someone mocking partisans.

Everyone should see this:

Back