The Most Underrated Fighter of All-Time?

Royce Gracie. Those first UFC were brutal.

giphy.gif

That could well have happened to him.

That was a classic Lay and pray win for Shields after nearly being KO’d. very gsp-esque decision win after round 1.

Crazy how Anderson stood toe to the toe with Hendo then choked him out meanwhile HW goat Fedor got ktfo by Hendo.

fighters do age. hendo fought fedor when he was already way out of his prime. prime vs. prime, i think fedor finishes hendo. i think lots of people think the same.

Igor Vovchanchyn 59-10
Not sure about most underrated ever but he's in the mix.
You don't hear about him much anymore because he's old school.
Most of his loses are to name fighters.

Wasn't always this way but I think Gomi has to be mentioned. Too many people only likely saw him when he came to the UFC, and missed his prime when he was such a great counterwrestler and power puncher.

Valentina Shevchenko. She submitted THE FUCK out of a fucking goon who quit and started waiting tables at hootters after getting her ass kicked by Valentina. Everyone she's fought was bigger than her except for Gollum.

iu

Most underrated fighter of all time is probably someone you've never heard of.

Nobody ever talks Jeremy Horn who has a sub win over Chuck, beat Chael 3 times, lost a split decision to Arona, and had a fight of beauty vs Frank Shamrock.

Last edited:
Paulo Filho. Before he lost his mind, he was undefeated with some great wins (Chael, Ninja, Misaki, etc.)

Idk about all time but before a couple weeks ago I would have told you Douglas Lima is the most underrated and overlooked elite talent in mma today.

Idk if you can still consider him that after the MVP ko but the guy likely will never be recognized for how great he really is with the majority of his career being spent in Bellator.

Prolly gonna get static here

Charles Olivera

Had some bad luck, but what a great fighter!

I think he can finish anyone he faces.

Back