The Most Underrated Fighter of All-Time?

Are you kidding me? Have you watched him fight?
He fights like a drunk bum.
All he has is surreal grip strenght.
If anything he is overrated.
You’ve clearly only seen his fights in the UFC. Where he is still awesome, but has lost some of his flare. I suggest you watch him when he was a younger man.

When TS said “most underrated fighter” I was referring to a whole and complete resume. You can’t deny is overall career.

Let's be real here son, frankie didn't win the 1st bj fight but yeah frankie is definitely underrated. And I thought he won both bendo fights as well
I don't judge winners ;)

Sean Sherk for sure. He's gotta be #1. Unlike other underrated fighters who don't have a HOF worthy career nor resume, Sherk definitely does

In mma I would say Semmy is up there. One of the best HWs of all time, that had the potential to be the greatest, had he chosen mma over kickboxing.

Murilo Bustamante. He didn't start losing until he started to fight at 205. At 185 he was a beast.

Alexandre 'Pequeno' Noguiera

Igor Vovchanchyn 59-10
Not sure about most underrated ever but he's in the mix.
You don't hear about him much anymore because he's old school.
Most of his loses are to name fighters.

All good answers.

I'd add: Genki Sudo for both MMA and Kickboxing

I think it's Aldo. He's never in the GOAT discussions but he easily could be the best fighter ever fundamentally.
Wasn’t he undefeated for a decade? That’s impressive. I didn’t see his recent fight. Does it look like he’s not in his prime anymore?

Arona was a beast dominated Fedor and bet prime Wanderlei, Overeem Sakuraba, Henderson

So Hendo was actually a HW when he fought Fedor.

Lol at your excuses. Shields laid on Hendo for the majority of the fight. Anderson’s best win looked helpless out there
I agree. Jake was a ww who fought at & enjoyed success at mw also. Great analogy about Hendo as a hw

bisping was always underated, up until recently had the most wins, only really lost to ped users, never popped himself and defended the belt against arguably the most notorious k.o in ufc history, consistently stayed in the top 10 for te years and fought with a fucked up eye too from the vitor loss.
Plus he took salty lukes soul so this alone is worth the mention
When Bisping was still in his physical prime, he was one of the worst people to bet against. Everyone would count him out of fights, and he would prove to be too conditioned, too cagey, and too technically sound. Yes, many of the wins were decisions, but to me he was so underrated. Hell I underrated him. I had to make a rule to not bet against Bisping.

In your opinion, who is the most underrated or underappreciated fighter in MMA History?

My vote is Sean "The Muscle Shark" Sherk.

Record of 36-4, Former UFC Lightweight Champion, Former Welterweight Title Contender, only losses were to 4 All-Time Greats and Champions (BJ Penn, Matt Hughes, Frankie Edgar, & Georges St. Pierre).

He went on a 19 Fight Win Streak in his first 19 fights followed by another 12 Fight Win Streak later in his career.

Notable wins include Karo Parisyan x2, Manny Gamburyan, Nick Diaz, Kenny Florian, Hermes Franca, & Tyson Griffin.

He was always undersized in terms of height and reach, but was athletic and strong enough to compete at a very high level. He also had some of the fastest level change takedowns that I have ever seen.

WAR THE MUSCLE SHARK, inb4 PEDs
That’s a good pick. I’d go Forrest or Rich Franklin.

When Bisping was still in his physical prime, he was one of the worst people to bet against. Everyone would count him out of fights, and he would prove to be too conditioned, too cagey, and too technically sound. Yes, many of the wins were decisions, but to me he was so underrated. Hell I underrated him. I had to make a rule to not bet against Bisping.

Who was he ever counted out against besides years-from-his-prime Anderson and Rockhold?

All of his other fights were 50/50 or he was favored.

I want to spit on your face if you think Frankie is overrated.
Please monkey never replay my posts again if you think it's a shame to lose FW GOAT Jose and Benson who was king of the lw at the time when they fought in the ufc ( imo Frankie won second fight)

Frankie isn’t winning shit, ever. Shut up stupid.

I'm total Valentina fan but is she underrated? Dont most knowledgeable fans recognize her as most skilled female fighter?

Valentina Shevchenko. She submitted THE FUCK out of a fucking goon who quit and started waiting tables at hootters after getting her ass kicked by Valentina. Everyone she's fought was bigger than her except for Gollum.

iu

Guy Mezger. Beat a prime Sakuraba and got screwed hard by Pride (or Ken Shamrock) out of the win. Got screwed on a decision vs Arona. Was doing very well against Silva and took an illegal headbutt which the ref did not see and led to his KO. Was doing great against Chuck, even knocked him down before getting KO'ed. Very textbook striking with a solid ground game, could hang with most elite fighters, just didn't have the best luck.

Back