The Most Underrated Fighter of All-Time?

In your opinion, who is the most underrated or underappreciated fighter in MMA History?

My vote is Sean "The Muscle Shark" Sherk.

Record of 36-4, Former UFC Lightweight Champion, Former Welterweight Title Contender, only losses were to 4 All-Time Greats and Champions (BJ Penn, Matt Hughes, Frankie Edgar, & Georges St. Pierre).

He went on a 19 Fight Win Streak in his first 19 fights followed by another 12 Fight Win Streak later in his career.

Notable wins include Karo Parisyan x2, Manny Gamburyan, Nick Diaz, Kenny Florian, Hermes Franca, & Tyson Griffin.

He was always undersized in terms of height and reach, but was athletic and strong enough to compete at a very high level. He also had some of the fastest level change takedowns that I have ever seen.

WAR THE MUSCLE SHARK, inb4 PEDs

damn, good call! i don't think ninja gets enough credit. his fight with mario sperry is the greatest mma fight of all-time, in my opinion.

And has a win over Anderson’s best win in his whole career
That was a classic Lay and pray win for Shields after nearly being KO’d. very gsp-esque decision win after round 1.

Crazy how Anderson stood toe to the toe with Hendo then choked him out meanwhile HW goat Fedor got ktfo by Hendo.

Mark Hall.png Mark "the cobra" Hall. The man weighed in the 180's and fought before weight divisions which is a shame because we didn't get the chance to witness how great he could have been fighting men his own size.

That was a classic Lay and pray win for Shields after nearly being KO’d. very gsp-esque decision win after round 1.

Crazy how Anderson stood toe to the toe with Hendo then choked him out meanwhile HW goat Fedor got ktfo by Hendo.

Imagine that. Anderson’s best win in his whole career can get lay and prayed on by a WW

Imagine that. Anderson’s best win in his whole career can get lay and prayed on by a WW
Jake Shields was actually a MW when he fought Hendo. You don’t get to claim different weight classes when it’s convenient for your agenda.

It’s obvious the lack of weight cut made Shields a force at 185. The same way the lack of cut helps DC at HW, right?

Jeremy Horn
Wins over Liddell, Yvel, Griffin, Sonnen x3, Lister, Guida

Jake Shields was actually a MW when he fought Hendo. You don’t get to claim different weight classes when it’s convenient for your agenda.

It’s obvious the lack of weight cut made Shields a force at 185. The same way the lack of cut helps DC at HW, right?

So Hendo was actually a HW when he fought Fedor.

Lol at your excuses. Shields laid on Hendo for the majority of the fight. Anderson’s best win looked helpless out there

giphy.gif

So Hendo was actually a HW when he fought Fedor.

Lol at your excuses. Shields laid on Hendo for the majority of the fight. Anderson’s best win looked helpless out there
This is what Hendo looks like when he’s helpless.
897D7262-3A5D-4053-A937-53BB4C3BF44D.jpeg

Finishing Hendo> Lay and pray after getting nearly killed in round 1.

Of course you don’t value finishes though, considering your “goat” couldn’t finish anyone in his weightclass for 6 years.

<DCWhoa>

Jake is lucky he has an amazing chin 'cause when that H-bomb landed in the first minute of the fight it looked like Shields died the moment it connected.

Most overrated perhaps
I want to spit on your face if you think Frankie is overrated.
Please monkey never replay my posts again if you think it's a shame to lose FW GOAT Jose and Benson who was king of the lw at the time when they fought in the ufc ( imo Frankie won second fight)

View attachment 586169

Of course you don’t value finishes though, considering your “goat” couldn’t finish anyone in his weightclass for 6 years.

<DCWhoa>

So if Hendo wasn’t helpless did he simply let Shields have his way with him?

Why are you arguing with yourself about which performance was more impressive? I’ve not made any comparison and don’t care.

How embarrassing that the guy who couldn’t finish anyone in his weight class for 6 years moves up after being retired for 4 years and finishes the guy Anderson lost to.

<6>

View attachment 586169

<DCWhoa>
Ignore him. Dude is alway bashing Anderson

Jake is lucky he has an amazing chin 'cause when that H-bomb landed in the first minute of the fight it looked like Shields died the moment it connected.

Yeah. Hendo had his minute or so

Big Nog, maybe the greatest resume in all of MMA if taken into context of prime opponents
That spot belongs to GSP, and its not even close. Not taking anything away from Nog though.

Back