The Mortal Kombat movie's 20th anniversary is today.

This is what I was planning to post in this thread.

Imagine my suprise when other people in this thread have already admitted to liking it. This has to be the first time anyone has ever said that online. I cannot comprehend the vitriol that movie gets.

Can't comprehend the vitriol?

I can understand with not agreeing.

But not comprehending?

So, in your mind it's unquestionably an awesome movie.

I liked the first movie. It was really entertaining when I was young.

[YT]ZAt-tUiCq3I[/YT]

Last edited:
I cant believe how positive many of you are. It was a horrible movie. And i was a big mortal kombat fan back in the days. Mk 1 and mk 2 are probably the two video games i have played the most.

But the movies where horrible.

I loved the movie! Rewatched it a day before MKX dropped, it's still awesome.

I cant believe how positive many of you are. It was a horrible movie. And i was a big mortal kombat fan back in the days. Mk 1 and mk 2 are probably the two video games i have played the most.

But the movies where horrible.

Frode I thought you'd like the first one just for the sweet techno music.

Liu Kang WINS! Flawless victory.

The Reptile fight gets me hype!!

I also don't understand the hate for the 2nd movie. How can you hate the second, but like the first? It's basically the same movie with some new characters.

Robin Shou was better in Beverly Hills Ninja.

Frode I thought you'd like the first one just for the sweet techno music.

Nah.. and i like electronic music. but that themesong was terrible. Still there was some good music in the movie. I had the soundtrack CD.

Repile's techno tune was kinda cool. I remember it was a cool acid track.

I was also 12 when this came out and it's easily in my top 5 most hyped films of all time. At the time it didn't disappoint me, but it's not exactly what I'd call a "good" movie these days. I can still enjoy it for nostalgia, though.

I'm still bitter that Sub Zero lost.

Can't comprehend the vitriol?

I can understand with not agreeing.

But not comprehending?

So, in your mind it's unquestionably an awesome movie.

I said it's a pretty good movie. It has good fights. Cool prouction designes. And a nice pace to it.

I can understand people not liking Annialation. I just can't understand them loathing it so much. Battlefield Earth, is a loathsome movie. The Beast of Yucca Flats, is a loathsome movie. Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas, is a loathsome movie. Springbreakers, is a loathsome movie. Annialation isn't loathsome. At worst, it's just kinda messy and bland.

Rented the animated vhs multiple times in build up for this movie.

This is what I was planning to post in this thread.

Imagine my suprise when other people in this thread have already admitted to liking it. This has to be the first time anyone has ever said that online. I cannot comprehend the vitriol that movie gets.

That movie deserves to burn in hell

Both movies sucked. How do you take an M-rated game and make a PG movie for kids?

Back