• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The limitations of the MCU brought to you by.....

Most of the Marvel movies are average. Infinity War along with the original Thor were the only two that felt like complete movies making them above average.

People who felt a emotional connection during the first 2/3rds of Endgame are those who cried when Beth Greene died on TWD.

Man fuck "your turn" :p . Bring in more original sci fi, action movies.

Historical sword and sandal epics are dead because of this shit. Give me some Hannibal Barca, Attila the Hun etc.
Naaaaah :D

I like those kinds of movies too tbh. They could probably make both. But if they only made marvel movies I would still go see them.

I dont have an opinion on the TS but the reason people have such strong opinions about marvel is because marvel is sewn into the fabric of our lives from childhood. We grew up with these and they are a part of our mythos. We love and care about them deeply and want the continuation of the characters and the universe to be in good hands.

I can go on watching these movies for the next 30 years and not get bored.
Yeah I spent decades visualizing movies like this, and now they're finally here. And they're better and more faithful to the comics than I could have hoped for.

Yeah I spent decades visualizing movies like this, and now they're finally here. And they're better and more faithful to the comics than I could have hoped for.

Me too man. Its the golden age for us.

Cliffs:

Phase 1 MCU especially Whedon MCU had more significant character development and better visuals compared to Russo bros MCU. MCU problems are most apparent in the Russo bros directed films.

MCU phase 2 and 3 = not enough color...too drab and gritty.

Thor 1 has more impressive visuals than IW despite being 8 years older....

Avengers battle of NY action > anything after it

Aquaman visuals are a great example for the MCU to follow

MCU Phase 3 doesn't show the heroes caring for and interacting with normal ppl like Whedon's movies did, or doesn't seem to care about civilian deaths.

"In the first Avengers film, it feels like New York is really in danger. In Infinity War, it feels like only the super heroes are in danger"

Ragnorak is one of the best of phase 3, but still lacking in color.

Every 3rd act of MCU phase 3 is the same - big battle.

In a nutshell: "I love colors. Phase 2 and 3 have fewer colors, therefore phase 1 is the best phase".

^ I didn't hear him say hardly any of that in that video. When did he talk about colors at all? Or say the visuals were better in phase 1???

Also, I've seen a lot of Patrick Willem's vids and they're pretty good. I did disagree with him at the end of this vid though, saying that basically Raimi's Spiderman 2 is better than the MCU movies.

But overall his vids are really good. I like him a lot more than The Critical Drinker.

Back