• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nintendo The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

I don't recall if I've ever met a person who likes weapon durability mechanics. They're one of the most annoying things whenever they're introduced.
Only instance I liked was in Far Cry 2 when your guns could randomly malfunction. But you never had to worry about your machete "breaking."

I don't recall if I've ever met a person who likes weapon durability mechanics. They're one of the most annoying things whenever they're introduced.

i disabled weapon durability before i even picked up a weapon lol. i kinda feel for those people on nintendo switch who have no way around that shit. its nice to see that the "feature" that nobody ever asked for has made its triumphant return. fuck that. to hell with that noise.

i wouldnt mind if you could just use farmable materials or go to a blacksmith or whatever to repair your gear. but the way it is now is rather offputting. probably my biggest gripe of BOTW but once i turned that shit off i never wanted to go back.

i mean shit, nintendo could easilly add a"Infinite Durability" option as paid DLC and charge a stupid price for it and i'm sure it would sell. there are lots of people who don't want to be hassled by such a shitty mechanic, myself included. who are you nintendo to tell me what i can and cannot do? if i want to slay every enemy in all of hyrule with a single solitary wooden tree branch, thats my own damn perogative!

Last edited:
i disabled weapon durability before i even picked up a weapon lol. i kinda feel for those people on nintendo switch who have no way around that shit. its nice to see that the "feature" that nobody ever asked for has made its triumphant return. fuck that. to hell with that noise.

i wouldnt mind if you could just use farmable materials or go to a blacksmith or whatever to repair your gear. but the way it is now is rather offputting. probably my biggest gripe of BOTW but once i turned that shit off i never wanted to go back.

i mean shit, nintendo could easilly add a"Infinite Durability" option as paid DLC and charge a stupid price for it and i'm sure it would sell. there are lots of people who don't want to be hassled by such a shitty mechanic, myself included. who are you nintendo to tell me what i can and cannot do? if i want to slay every enemy in all of hyrule with a single solitary wooden tree branch, thats my own damn perogative!
Ya make shift weapons, like sticks and fused weapons would be fine with durability. Maybe even rusty ones. But high end ones no.

i infused my shield with....a shield. lol

well i finally cleared the tutorial island and still didnt get my paraglider. thought i might have missed it somehow but i just googled it and realised i dont get it until a bit later on. yeah thats probably gonna be the first thing i shoot for.

i am dying a fair bit though lol

Last edited:
i infused my shield with....a shield. lol

well i finally cleared the tutorial island and still didnt get my paraglider. thought i might have missed it somehow but i just googled it and realised i dont get it until a bit later on. yeah thats probably gonna be the first thing i shoot for.

i am dying a fair bit though lol
You get it, if you just go to the next mission.

One of biggest annoyances in "The Witcher 3". "Dark Souls" does it right, and doesn't get too intrusive. I hear it's absolutely terrible in these Zelda games, though. It's like the only complaint I ever hear about them.

One of biggest annoyances in "The Witcher 3". "Dark Souls" does it right, and doesn't get too intrusive. I hear it's absolutely terrible in these Zelda games, though. It's like the only complaint I ever hear about them.
It's absolutely horrendous, my weapons break in nearly every encounter. It wasn't as bad in BOTW because there seemed to be a lot more powerful weapons available. In TOTK my inventory is nothing but weak weapons and even those feel sparse. I'm sure that can be rectified some by the fuse ability but that's obnoxious on its own.

It's absolutely horrendous, my weapons break in nearly every encounter. It wasn't as bad in BOTW because there seemed to be a lot more powerful weapons available. In TOTK my inventory is nothing but weak weapons and even those feel sparse. I'm sure that can be rectified some by the fuse ability but that's obnoxious on its own.
Might just be my bias but I have been able to easily create what I'd consider very powerful weapons early on with Fuse. Certain things mix much better with some attachments than others

Might just be my bias but I have been able to easily create what I'd consider very powerful weapons early on with Fuse. Certain things mix much better with some attachments than others
I don't think it's bias and I'm sure you're right. I just have no interest in crafting. I think it's boring and stupid.

You get it, if you just go to the next mission.

yup. did that, got it and then unlocked another tower and found hestu, cashed in like 35 korok seeds or so and called it a night.

weirdly enough Hestu doesnt seem to want to leave lookout landing. i did a good bunch of inventory slot upgrades and he's still chilling there. he moved from the first spot near hyrule ridge after just 2 bag upgrades.

dunno if im a fan of all this building stuff though. they should have just called the game The Legos of Zelda. or The Legend Of Zelda: Nuts and Bolts

Last edited:
yup. did that, got it and then unlocked another tower and found hestu, cashed in like 35 korok seeds or so and called it a night.

weirdly enough Hestu doesnt seem to want to leave lookout landing. i did a good bunch of inventory slot upgrades and he's still chilling there. he moved from the first spot near hyrule ridge after just 2 bag upgrades.

dunno if im a fan of all this building stuff though. they should have just called the game The Legos of Zelda. or The Legend Of Zelda: Nuts and Bolts
I'm giving it a chance but it's not giving me 10/10 vibes so far

What are your favorite games in the past few years? I'm not starting an argument, just curious.
Hmm I loved Final Fantasy 7 remake, the new god of war games, I was a big fan of death stranding, and I think capcom have done great with all their resident evil games recently.

I'm sure if I wasn't a bitch and played fromsoft games, I'd have loved Elden Ring too haha I tried Dark Souls and I just don't have the patience or skill.

Hmm I loved Final Fantasy 7 remake, the new god of war games, I was a big fan of death stranding, and I think capcom have done great with all their resident evil games recently.

I'm sure if I wasn't a bitch and played fromsoft games, I'd have loved Elden Ring too haha I tried Dark Souls and I just don't have the patience or skill.

Play Zelda a bit more and I think it'll grow on you. This and Elden Ring are the 2 best games I've played in the past 5 years.

Don't be scared to play Elden Ring, it's the easiest fromsoft game. Just find a good weapon you like, upgrade it, and level up and you'll be fine.

You can get Amiibo cards from Amazon, I've gotten some awesome weapons from there. Not the best solution but you can get good weapons that way and other loot.

alright so i feel a little dirty but i enabled the infinite stamina and perfect goldilocks thermometer cheats just so i could glide from tower to tower and unlock all of the map before i really get started with this game. that way i can kinda plan my route based off the interactive map on my second screen.

took a couple hours and it was really slow going but i got er done. then i finally get back to playing the game and doing some camera mission in the underground and i realise that unlocking that map is going to be as tedious as i thought

now i just gotta find some of these endura carrots to cook so i can get a 2nd full stamina wheel to pull the master sword with. i was thinking about it, and yeah i can get the master sword really early on so why not? i dont think that's cheese. i mean the game was designed for you to get it early

Last edited:
alright so i feel a little dirty but i enabled the infinite stamina and perfect goldilocks thermometer cheats just so i could glide from tower to tower and unlock all of the map before i really get started with this game. that way i can kinda plan my route based off the interactive map on my second screen.

took a couple hours and it was really slow going but i got er done. then i finally get back to playing the game and doing some camera mission in the underground and i realise that unlocking that map is going to be as tedious as i thought

now i just gotta find some of these endura carrots to cook so i can get a 2nd full stamina wheel to pull the master sword with. i was thinking about it, and yeah i can get the master sword really early on so why not? i dont think that's cheese. i mean the game was designed for you to get it early

You are cheesing it, but do what you want. Just don't come here and say the game was just ok after using cheats.

Back