• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nintendo The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Mine is being shipped. Should be here early next week.

I just bought a Switch for this game. $350 for the switch and $70 for Zelda. This is the most I've ever spent for 1 game. No regrets.
Should've just bought the game instead and played it on PC.

Should've just bought the game instead and played it on PC.

I actually don't have a gaming PC. Also, I read that the game still runs better on the Switch than emulated on high end PC. ‍IDK.

All good. Maybe I'll find some use out of the Switch after Zelda.

I paid nearly $400 for BOTW in a much worst spot.

The thought of TOTK with Metroid at 55’ is tempting.

Did you buy a Wii U for BOTW? I was going to buy a Switch back then for BOTW but ended up borrowing someone's shitty Wii U.

I actually don't have a gaming PC. Also, I read that the game still runs better on the Switch than emulated on high end PC. ‍IDK.

I'll buy it off you for half price plus free shipping(for me, not for you) when youre done with it

You read wrong. There's already a 60 FPS mod for it on PC even with a mid-range GPU that came out 7 years ago.

You read wrong. There's already a 60 FPS mod for it on PC even with a mid-range GPU that came out 7 years ago.

I don't have a gaming PC so it doesn't matter either way. My PC has trouble playing Gamecube games on Dolphin.

I enjoyed BOTW and gave it, personally, an 8.5/10, I don't think it was the GOAT or a 10/10, though. I am looking forward to this game though, having a Switch is fun, but we get like one/two max big games per year, the rest of the library is extremely mediocre

Just made it past the tutorial area, liking it so far. Ascend and rewind are cool new abilities. Don't really care about crafting weapons or vehicles.

I enjoyed BOTW and gave it, personally, an 8.5/10, I don't think it was the GOAT or a 10/10, though. I am looking forward to this game though, having a Switch is fun, but we get like one/two max big games per year, the rest of the library is extremely mediocre
It's been that way with Nintendo consoles since the N64.

I loved the first few Zelda games I played (LttP, Ocarina and Wind Waker) but after that they all felt a bit samey. They always get amazing reviews and I think if you've never played one before it would blow you away but I can't be bothered with them now. I got about 5 minutes into Twilight Princess and decided I've got better things to to with my life than round up chickens so I quit.

How is the game actually running? I have heard.... mixed.... things, but the sources for the negativity are typically people who are not fans of Nintendo.

How is the game actually running? I have heard.... mixed.... things, but the sources for the negativity are typically people who are not fans of Nintendo.

DF did a video on the performance, it's worth a full watch.

I've been playing in docked mode. It's gorgeous but definitely has noticeable drops in frame rate on occasion. Also had some weird instances of menu hitches and items not appearing after killing enemies for several seconds.

I haven't noticed any issues on handheld so far.

Back to its roots? Breath of the Wild was the closest thing to the original Legend of Zelda. Here's a sword. Pick a direction and go.
Literally wat

no

OG was here's a sword go find your destiny and you were railroaded lol, you couldn't go to the end game immediately

Back