• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nintendo The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

You are cheesing it, but do what you want. Just don't come here and say the game was just ok after using cheats.

well shit, i only enabled them just to glide around to unlock the world map. its nothing ive never seen before. its the same damn map as in BOTW. i dont really play these games blind. the world is too big and its too easy for me to miss easy shit, no matter how many times i run through the game.

but i guess i did kinda cheese the game after getting rid of the weapon durability. seriously though , fuck that mechanic. i'm not going to have any regrets about doing away with that one. if they would have gave me an option to somehow repair all my shit then i wouldnt have an issue with it. to hell with running around with 15 god damn rock hammers just to get through some mines and then having all my shit break in the middle of combat. just because they made the game more tedious doesnt make it any more enjoyable. i mean shit half the time you have to go out of your way to avoid combat just because you dont want to wreck all of your shit. thats not fun. as an adventurer, i want to be able to you know, adventure, and fuck some shit up along my way.

Last edited:
One thing that drives me nuts is there's almost no benefit to fighting enemies. You're going to break your weapons doing so and the loot you get in return isn't worth it. There's also no XP boost or any other reason so I just run past all of them.

Also on several occasions I've been in the middle of nowhere, dropped into a well and the only way out was to fast travel. I marched my ass halfway to Zoras domain, dropped into a well and then had to travel back to the closest Shrine and had to do it all over again. Feels like poor design.

Last edited:
Played a little this morning and messed around with fuse some more and it finally clicked a little bit.

Kind of like cooking, a little bit of thought goes a long way. Yes attaching a rock just puts a rock on your sword or shield but attaching certain items will actually fully transform the weapon.

One thing that drives me nuts is there's almost no benefit to fighting enemies. You're going to break your weapons doing so and the loot you get in return isn't worth it. There's also no XP boost or any other reason so I just run past all of them.

Yea in the first game I pretty much just skipped all enemies because there was no reason to fight them.

Also on several occasions I've been in the middle of nowhere, dropped into a well and the only way out was to fast travel. I marched my ass halfway to Zoras domain, dropped into a well and then had to travel back to the closest Shrine and had to do it all over again. Feels like poor design.
Do you not get that ascend ability early on? Or does it not work in the wells?

You don't have to worry about that on the PC version.
How well does it run on the Steam Deck?
I don't recall if I've ever met a person who likes weapon durability mechanics. They're one of the most annoying things whenever they're introduced.
At most, they could’ve given us the ability to repair our own weapons.

heres a bit of a trick if youre ever stuck in like a shrine or something or cant be bothered to spend 3 or 4 minutes building stuff to drive you over a small gap or something. but looking at the mechanics of it, i don't think it was intended to be used this way. wouldnt be surprised if they eventually patch it out.

If you're ever in a spot with a gap that's just barely too big to jump or swim across, but too small for a full vehicle to be worth making, then try this out: Use Ultrahand to lift up something big enough to stand on like a tree trunk, gently move it across the gap, hold it there in midair for a second, then gently pull it back and place it at your feet. Then simply use Recall on it and climb aboard your new automatic air taxi. This should also work as an elevator for going straight up if you need some extra height when scaling a tall wall (especially any that you can't climb).

lmfao at the video at creation. its a bit of a throwback to 2000 from the robot "Senkosha". i dont think nintendo will be happy about it though.

flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg

I know I'm probably in the minority here but I absolutely love this game. It is definitely better than BoTW. I don't think it had the complete awe factor BoTW did, it was more of a realization of things as the enormity of stuff has unfolded. This is GOTY for sure, and GOTD material

i caught a star fragment while paragliding on my way to get a dragon tear. the thing damn near shot into me lol. it was a pretty glorious feat

just two more dragon tears left to finish this quest so i can get my master sword. i tried to go the less tedious route and do the deku tree method but phantom ganon was fucking my shit all up. i know theres probably a few ways to cheese him but i'd rather just come back when im stronger. right now im still on 4 hearts and level 2 hylian gear lol. i wasnt able to withstand the onslaught. it was rather humbling.

heres a bit of a trick if youre ever stuck in like a shrine or something or cant be bothered to spend 3 or 4 minutes building stuff to drive you over a small gap or something. but looking at the mechanics of it, i don't think it was intended to be used this way. wouldnt be surprised if they eventually patch it out.

If you're ever in a spot with a gap that's just barely too big to jump or swim across, but too small for a full vehicle to be worth making, then try this out: Use Ultrahand to lift up something big enough to stand on like a tree trunk, gently move it across the gap, hold it there in midair for a second, then gently pull it back and place it at your feet. Then simply use Recall on it and climb aboard your new automatic air taxi. This should also work as an elevator for going straight up if you need some extra height when scaling a tall wall (especially any that you can't climb).

Yeah. I've been doing this and it makes everything a bit too easy, but it's great. Also rotating long platforms prior to the recall will give you twice the distance. I actually cheesed through a rough climb in the rain with a treasure chest. It was tough to keep balance but if you rotate the chest so that the opening is facing up, you can somewhat get stuck in it and take it for a ride.

I'm loving this game.

Started up today. The fucking internet ruined me, I busted out laughing when I saw the first shrine lol.

Yeah. I've been doing this and it makes everything a bit too easy, but it's great. Also rotating long platforms prior to the recall will give you twice the distance. I actually cheesed through a rough climb in the rain with a treasure chest. It was tough to keep balance but if you rotate the chest so that the opening is facing up, you can somewhat get stuck in it and take it for a ride.

I'm loving this game.

yeah im not a fan of these shrines. i'm finding some of them to be very stupid where i actually have to go online and look up videos to figure out what the fuck kind of god forsaken creation i'm supposed to build because i probably wouldnt be able to figure it out on my own or id be stuck monkeying around for like an hour just to do a shrine. i never had any issues at all like that in BOTW i could figure everything out easy, but all these shrines keep containing weird new gadget that i dont really know what they are or anything. can't say i'm a fan of it.

itll probably be alot more intuitive to me on a second playthrough, but i cant really say that i'm liking any of these shrines. im gonna slog through them all anyways though. the ultrahand + rewind trick has been a godsend though lol.

i did my 20 shrines and dumped it all on a second stamina wheel just so i could get the master sword, and then after i got the sword i respec'ed to ditch the second stamina wheel for hearts because i would much rather have the extra life right now. they say that respeccing is easy, and it is, but only if you complete one of the dungeons first to unlock the quest to unlock the quick path to the horned statue.

well i ended up having to take the long way through the royal hidden passageway underneath the hyrule castle, and man i gotta say, i would be fair dinkum pissed the fuck off if i wasnt using an infinite durability cheat. i must have had to smash through over 500 rocks before i made it there. you would probably have to max your weapon slots with deku seeds and then fill your whole damn inventory up with rock hammers and that still probably wouldnt be enough to get you to the statue before all of your shit breaks.

for anybody who's looking for a way to swap hearts for stamina or vice versa really early on in the game before doing any dungeons, go here:

https://gamingintel.com/how-to-respec-your-hearts-and-stamina-in-zelda-totk/

most other sites will refer you to do the Who Goes There quest. i found it a bit tricky to find anything that had any video or guide to go it the long way but i knew there was another method, and this one worked for me

Overall enjoying it so far but going to list some criticisms. All subject to change of course.

- Same map. The new areas seem great but traversing the same map as BoTW and doing many of the same things is stupid.

- I really hated the shrines in BoTW. I found them too easy, redundant, and the rewards boring. They seem slightly better now but honestly it's worse this game because after slogging through a billion in BoTW I now have to do basically the same thing. FFS.

-The fuse system is ok with me but I still dislike the weapons breaking. Really surprised they made it in this way. We at least should be able to repair on the go. As far as I know you have to go to specific npc's to unfuse something and then refuse so that you can prevent it from breaking. If that's true then this system still sucks. I want to find great weapons and keep them around.

- Why make the game so repetitive to the first one? Collecting the damn seeds again??? Also some of the activities are so bland. The moron with the sign is one example. You really just solve it in basically the same way over and over again. Its often I don't feel like I'm playing a zelda game. The original first 3 zelda games had a feel to them and I mostly don't get that here.

Back