Nintendo The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Ok this game sucks cock. Gloom is bullshit and so is not having estus flasks or their equivalent

Ok this game sucks cock. Gloom is bullshit and so is not having estus flasks or their equivalent

I just picked a bunch of those flowers that you cook to cure the gloom. Hasn't been much of an issue.

I just picked a bunch of those flowers that you cook to cure the gloom. Hasn't been much of an issue.

Any reason to spend time in the Depths? I know its needed to get to a temple or 2, but I've seen no reason to go down there except to progress.

I spent about an hour down there just to expore, found a skeleton horse which made things easier, but just ended up wasting a ton or arrows lighting up the place. All I found were statue solders holding shitty swords which I didn't want.

Any reason to spend time in the Depths? I know its needed to get to a temple or 2, but I've seen no reason to go down there except to progress.

I spent about an hour down there just to expore, found a skeleton horse which made things easier, but just ended up wasting a ton or arrows lighting up the place. All I found were statue solders holding shitty swords which I didn't want.
Zonaite. Armor. Spelunking.

Yeah I didn't know how abundant they were. Took 16 gloom potions to the final boss and beat the game.

You get a useful ability down there but it's not mandatory. I beat the game without it. I couldn't stand the depths. Supposedly those "shitty"'swords are some of the best weapons in the game with the right fusion material.

Got bored of game after a week playing.

It turns out weapons you break on the surface get pristine versions in the depths. So ideally you wanna break everything you get your hands on to roll the dice on good weapons in the depths

Got bored of game after a week playing.
No offense but why even buy it then? I disliked BotW so I’m not even going to bother with a game that is the same thing. I’m hoping it doesn’t win game of the year but it’s pretty much a lock. First party Nintendo gets treated with kid gloves. Maybr some people are understanding that now, it might be a good game but 95 metacritic is absurd,

No offense but why even buy it then? I disliked BotW so I’m not even going to bother with a game that is the same thing. I’m hoping it doesn’t win game of the year but it’s pretty much a lock. First party Nintendo gets treated with kid gloves. Maybr some people are understanding that now, it might be a good game but 95 metacritic is absurd,

You're right, I missed up lol. I beat BOTW and wasn't happy with that game overall . I should've known better.

You're right, I missed up lol. I beat BOTW and wasn't happy with that game overall . I should've known better.
I felt botw was overrated but good, feel the same for this. My personal goty was Horizon Zero dawn over Botw, this year could be something else like Spiderman 2 or final fantasy xvi...but obviously haven't played those yet, I didn't play the FFXvi demo yet. I haven't played the other released "contenders" like Jedi survivor, REmake 4, dead space, or even sfvi.

I felt botw was overrated but good, feel the same for this. My personal goty was Horizon Zero dawn over Botw, this year could be something else like Spiderman 2 or final fantasy xvi...but obviously haven't played those yet, I didn't play the FFXvi demo yet. I haven't played the other released "contenders" like Jedi survivor, REmake 4, dead space, or even sfvi.

I like phoenix rising over both Zelda's. I wanted to play survivor but heard the frame rates were terrible. I'll wait until they fix it.

Just beat it a few minutes ago. I'm conflicted. I think it was a wild ride overall, and definitely an enormous, fulfilling journey, but I also felt it was very flawed and haphazardly slapped together in many ways. The sky islands and depths, for example, both felt completely and utterly pointless (the sky islands had might as well not exist at all; beyond the Zora stuff, I didn't even bother with any of them). Even the vehicle and contraption-building felt really tacked on outside of Shrines, temples, and sky towers.

Overall it felt like a super-duper-massive BotW DLC. Lots of neat, if pointless additions while retaining the exact same issues that plagued the original game (shitty combat, clunky and cumbersome menus for cooking/crafting, no good reason to ever use horses for any real length of time, and of course everyone's favorite--weapons with stupidly low durability for no great reason at all). I ultimately enjoyed BotW more, just because it felt like a more cohesive game with less filler.

My interest is falling off quickly. Biggest problem with the game feels like balance to me. The payoff to doing some of the hard shit in the game never feels worth it. Having breakable weapons means knowing that every time I make a cool weapon it's eventually going to break. Lots of cool armor sets but having to constantly switch between them is a pain in the ass. I wish you just earned that buff and could wear whichever one you liked the most.

I feel like I'm reaching a point where interesting things are getting fewer and farther between and its not worth squeezing every last bit out of it.

And I will die on this hill as someone who loved and played the hell out of Breath of the Wild. The game feels like DLC. The biggest, coolest, most expansive piece of DLC ever but DLC nonetheless.

The audio in this is just terrible. You can’t adjust the sound settings anywhere and the music is god awful is most places. Just grinding your ears with out of place c notes and stupid grunts.

I have to turn the sound off when I ride the horse because the song that plays is so grating and awful

Last edited:
Glad I skipped this one, I didn’t hate BOTW but it was like a 7/10. Pretty overrated game tbh.

Because he's not bored with it, he may not have even played it- he just actively hates it and he wants people to know about it. That's why he never passes up a chance to say it's boring, quote someone to fuel his own fire or talk about fucking Fenix of all things. It's like an itch he has to scratch

never played Fenyx rising.

So you responded to a question about it pretending like you had.

Without farming low battery max means the machines don't go far. Glider with no attachments is fine. I've beat the four temples and only have 1 more level on the battery and like no zonite to buy what I need for more. I have charges to recharge the batteries sure but it's not fun to go to menus to recharge to keep moving. Gliding and skydiving is fine though.

You can fly across the entire fucking world, makes sense it would come at a cost.

Back