Nintendo The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

i don't think i've seen any good impressions about the fire temple yet lol
You can cheese it with balloons or an air bike, l did it underequipped and with no healing items and without said air bike or balloon.

i don't think i've seen any good impressions about the fire temple yet lol

I just beat it. I used the mine cart and fan to get the first hatch, and then fucked up somehow and lost the cart. I ended up climbing and gliding to get the last 4. Terrible temple. I'm glad it's over.

Also wasted like 100 arrows on the boss. Ugh. Didn't realize you can make him fall with the roll attack so kept wasting arrows. Thought about loading up my last save but didn't feel like fighting him again.

Meant to say "Didn't realize you can make him fall with the roll attack in his second phase so kept wasting arrows"

I picked the game up yesterday
I'll probably start playing tonight.

I couldn't make sense of how to beat the fire temple as it was probably intended to be beat and ended up just cheesing it with ascend and rockets.

So I've done
Wind, Fire and Water in that order. Haven't done the fourth one, and I don't know if there are any more after the fourth. According to the story there are six sage stones, so maybe there's one more? I understand why some would hate the Fire Temple but I absolutely loved it, especially the approach to it, and seeing it off in the dark distance.

I have like 80+ Shrines, the Master Sword, and there's some sort of sage stone that I found. I don't know what it does yet but I intend to find out.

This is just so good.

Just found a mini boss fight that I wasn't expecting. Pleasant surprise.

Phoenix rising was the much funnier game.

I can see playing this forever. I've already got dozens of hours in and barely scratched anything content wise.

I can see playing this forever. I've already got dozens of hours in and barely scratched anything content wise.

It does have a crap ton of content. I'm not sure yet when it's going to start feeling uninteresting. The sky islands and underground are solid additions to the game. Right now it feels like the game still needs more dungeons. The shrines are just too repetitive and bland for me.

It does have a crap ton of content. I'm not sure yet when it's going to start feeling uninteresting. The sky islands and underground are solid additions to the game. Right now it feels like the game still needs more dungeons. The shrines are just too repetitive and bland for me.
The shrines are probably my least favorite thing in the game.

The puzzles are better this time around but doing a hundred of them for uninteresting rewards is way too much. I would prefer way less shrines (keep the best puzzles) and then give players armor sets as the rewards. Then focus dev time on random dungeons.

This. That's why I listed phoenix rising was the much funnier and better game imo. The. Story was funny.

So after upgrading armor and doing more shrines, and buying arrows I think I'm ready to beat the lightning temple.
Last attempt I was on my way to win but ran out of arrows and patience to wear down the boss without them but was annoyed so just did some other quests and shrines instead of heading back in.

The shrines are my favorite part of the game. I'm at a point in the game where I'm having some trouble finding them so it's getting a bit annoying. I guess I can just google their locations but I'm trying not to cheat.

I remember Miyamoto saying he got the inspiration for Legend of Zelda from when he was a kid. Just exploring around outside and letting his imagination run.

Feels like this is the closest interpretation we’ve gotten to that vision.

Back