The Jose Aldo excuse narrative finally implodes on itself.

Negative Zero

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
The running story from Aldo fans is that Conor won by dumb luck, that the first fight didn't prove anything. It wasn't even a real fight.

Now Aldo declines the rematch and these same people are still his alologizers, claiming he needs a new, full camp to properly prepare. Well which is it? If the first fight was a fluke and didn't prove anything, why does he need to go back to the drawing board? He JUST had a full camp to prepare for McGregor and if it wasn't for one tiny miscalculation and a lucky shot from McGregor, Aldo would have won that fight.

This logic surely won't hold up, so I wonder what the NEXT round of damage control is going to resemble? I'm sure it be entertaining. Kind of makes me glad McGregor haters exist.

What makes it worse is the fact that he and his coach claimed they were already training back in January to step in and replace RDA in event of injury.

Aldo just got knocked out, he needs time to recover. Him showing up on less than two weeks' notice to lose again proves nothing.

I missed this...when did Aldo turn down fight or get offered?

I saw a tweet from him saying the opposite.

Or is this fake acct?
CZwqho_WYAI8k32.jpg

This is a moronic argument. For one thing, fighters need time to get into fight shape.

Also, Aldo wanting time for a full camp for a very significant rematch rather than a rushed 2 weeks notice fight at a weight class up is no crime at all.

if Aldo took this fight and lost, Dana and the UFC would be greatful...and in turn probably give if a full camp rematch for the belt...unless it was another 13 sec KO.....

Check out mmafighting his coach says he isnt ready

But i agree with the others its funny how aldo said he is training and anywere anytime is offered it and says no.

But so far we know frankie turned it down and aldo turned it down.They all claim they want it till there offered it

While I agree with TS that Conor haters are amusing in an ironic sense their existence is absolutely cancerous.

This is a moronic argument. For one thing, fighters need time to get into fight shape.

Also, Aldo wanting time for a full camp for a very significant rematch rather than a rushed 2 weeks notice fight at a weight class up is no crime at all.

Aldo just got knocked out, he needs time to recover. Him showing up on less than two weeks' notice to lose again proves nothing.

No, no gentlmen.

Aldo has publicly stated stated he would fight McGregor anywhere, anytime.
He has also been in training since Jan 2nd and declared that he is preparing to fight McGregor should RDA pull out. This is all documented.

This is not a guy who's been sitting on his arse not looking at this fight. He has been training for this.

Last edited:
This didn't need it's own thread.You're addressing Aldo fans,well I'm one and haven't claimed anything of the sort or seen anyone who has. If someone does, they know nothing about MMA and ignore them. Damage control...jesus give up the drama.

It just goes to show you, no wants to really fight Connor.

Check out mmafighting his coach says he isnt ready

But i agree with the others its funny how aldo said he is training and anywere anytime is offered it and says no.

But so far we know frankie turned it down and aldo turned it down.They all claim they want it till there offered it
That is pretty fucking hilarious. Aldo and Frankie need to keep their mouth shut...forever.

Yeah but he claimed he was training specifically in case RDA pulled out.

This didn't need it's own thread.You're addressing Aldo fans,well I'm one and haven't claimed anything of the sort or seen anyone who has. If someone does, they know nothing about MMA and ignore them. Damage control...jesus give up the drama.

But you have been keeping up on what Aldo has been saying, right?
THIS is what makes it ridiculous.

Or is this fake acct?
CZwqho_WYAI8k32.jpg

thanks for digging that out btw. @esalmighty

No, no gentlment.

Aldo has publicly stated stated he would fight McGregor anywhere, anytime.
He has also been in training since Jan 2nd and declared that he is preparing to fight McGregor should RDA pull out. This is all documented.

This is not a guy who's been sitting on his arse not looking at this fight. He has been training for this.
Maybe he meant that he wanted McGregor at 145 for the belt. If he shows up and beats him at 155, he gets a rematch, but no belt.

As a guy who vigorously supported Aldo before & after Conor I wouldn't take this fight either solely based on my 1st performance. Especially on 2 weeks notice and I'm half way across the world. Jose needz a full camp and a Conor free head before scuffing knuckles again.

Back