The Jose Aldo excuse narrative finally implodes on itself.

But you have been keeping up on what Aldo has been saying, right?
THIS is what makes it ridiculous.

thanks for digging that out btw. @esalmighty

To be honest I stay away from this kind of thing, the sideshow, drama. Hence my post count vs join date. So not sure if I'm still ridiculous, I didn't follow that anyway.

All this excuses, scared, in his head, it's all bollocks. Not buying any of it. And for the record, got a lot of time for Conor, I watch fights, he's a great fighter and loving watching the performances. Against Aldo he was amazing.

The running story from Aldo fans is that Conor won by dumb luck, that the first fight didn't prove anything. It wasn't even a real fight.

Now Aldo declines the rematch and these same people are still his alologizers, claiming he needs a new, full camp to properly prepare. Well which is it? If the first fight was a fluke and didn't prove anything, why does he need to go back to the drawing board? He JUST had a full camp to prepare for McGregor and if it wasn't for one tiny miscalculation and a lucky shot from McGregor, Aldo would have won that fight.

This logic surely won't hold up, so I wonder what the NEXT round of damage control is going to resemble? I'm sure it be entertaining. Kind of makes me glad McGregor haters exist.
Which is it? Which is what?? What the fuck are you talking about?

I missed this...when did Aldo turn down fight or get offered?

I saw a tweet from him saying the opposite.

Or is this fake acct?
CZwqho_WYAI8k32.jpg

Anytime, anywhere eh?

giphy.gif

To be honest I stay away from this kind of thing, the sideshow, drama. Hence my post count vs join date. So not sure if I'm still ridiculous, I didn't follow that anyway.

All this excuses, scared, in his head, it's all bollocks. Not buying any of it. And for the record, got a lot of time for Conor, I watch fights, he's a great fighter and loving watching the performances. Against Aldo he was amazing.

I'm not bashing anyone for lurking around without posting. I did it long enough myself.
The story line here is just a bit ironic to me.
Aldo claims his loss was a fluke, then he releases a statement saying he'll only fight for the belt, then he says he'd also fight McGregor anytime, anywhere, claims he's training just in case RDA pulls out. Now it actually happened and they say he's not ready ... If that's not funny to anyone, I don't know what is.

I would have loved to see this fight at 155. It's better than any of the replacement LWs.

The running story from Aldo fans is that Conor won by dumb luck, that the first fight didn't prove anything. It wasn't even a real fight.

Now Aldo declines the rematch and these same people are still his alologizers, claiming he needs a new, full camp to properly prepare. Well which is it? If the first fight was a fluke and didn't prove anything, why does he need to go back to the drawing board? He JUST had a full camp to prepare for McGregor and if it wasn't for one tiny miscalculation and a lucky shot from McGregor, Aldo would have won that fight.

This logic surely won't hold up, so I wonder what the NEXT round of damage control is going to resemble? I'm sure it be entertaining. Kind of makes me glad McGregor haters exist.

Aldo did suffer a bad KO, in fairness - so probably a bit soon for that fight again. But it's ironic how Conor was perceived as being all mouth.

I'm not bashing anyone for lurking around without posting. I did it long enough myself.
The story line here is just a bit ironic to me.
Aldo claims his loss was a fluke, then he releases a statement saying he'll only fight for the belt, then he says he'd also fight McGregor anytime, anywhere, claims he's training just in case RDA pulls out. Now it actually happened and they say he's not ready ... If that's not funny to anyone, I don't know what is.

I would have loved to see this fight at 155. It's better than any of the replacement LWs.

Ironic maybe. I dunno, I don't look into these things as deeply as you maybe. Why would he lie or make excuses? What would that achieve?

Got to agree there, would love to see that fight at 155. If he's not ready, he's not ready.

As a guy who vigorously supported Aldo before & after Conor I wouldn't take this fight either solely based on my 1st performance. Especially on 2 weeks notice and I'm half way across the world. Jose needz a full camp and a Conor free head before scuffing knuckles again.

I agree that it makes sense for him to take his time and maybe take another fight first. But it does undercut a lot of his posturing about the first McGregor fight. Clearly when push comes to shove he doesn't think Conor is a mere jester or that getting KOed was a matter of luck.

Jose Aldo Says He’ll Fight Conor McGregor “Anytime, Anywhere” And Not Even For The Belt…

He's only been medically clear to train for less than a month guys

What makes it worse is the fact that he and his coach claimed they were already training back in January to step in and replace RDA in event of injury.
Anyone got a sauce? Didn't see that

Edit:nvm there is sauce all over this thread

Last edited:
Ironic maybe. I dunno, I don't look into these things as deeply as you maybe. Why would he lie or make excuses? What would that achieve?

Got to agree there, would love to see that fight at 155. If he's not ready, he's not ready.

Well obviously he has not been training enough in order to be 100%.
But if you're not going to take fights unless you're 100%, why would you say you would fight "anywhere, anytime"?
Let's put it this way, if somebody is making "excuses" (for a lack of better words) right now, it's Aldo.
Also, I'm just so dissappointed that both fights that would make most sense have fallen through ...
Only Holly's title defense left to save the day ;)

Good move on Aldo's part...he would get KO'd again imo

Gosh Almighty, how I would like threads like this to rot in fucking hell.
Boy, you guys are tiring.

You're the worst hatebase I've ever seen, if I'm coming across polite to you then I'm doing something wrong.

And you're the worst fanbase I've ever seen. I have zero respect for you as fans. You do nothing but make the fighter you're a fan of look bad. You're an absolute disservice to him.

Back