The Jake Paul Megathread v2

Buys?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fury didnt look that good...but neither did Paul, im honestly more interested in a circus fight than in a not so great boxing matchup.

Checkmate.

after Paul beats fury, both brothers will openly say “fuck them Gypsies!!!” Which will bring Tyson fury out to avenge the lineage honor and when either brother beats Tyson the Paul’s will become the face of boxing, the US klitchkos. a Paul will be the hw of the world.

Pretty sure Nostradamus predicted this at some point.

Tommy I think will win
Idk

if Jake does win… hats off

Tommy Fury is a bit of a D grade celeb in Britain just from a reality show- almost as much of a social media creation as Paul. I haven't been convinced Tommy Fury or anyone involved with him actually thinks he might be really good- they certainly haven't put him near anyone who could get him ranked. But while he's famous he can make some money so make the most of it is the impression I get. He dabbles in boxing really to lend some credibility to his "celebrity" status & related opportunities but has never sought real fights.

The public would switch off a bit if Paul keeps fighting celebrities or washed up mma guys so he needs to switch it up and fight a boxer. He's serious about trying to go from sideshow fighter to legitimate boxer, so this is a logical step. Strangely I think he's actually more serious about backing his talent , testing himself and seeing how far he can go in boxing than Fury is.

Fury has social media fans, might attract more overseas PPV sales than other fighters and his name recognition/connections to legit boxers might lend an aura of credibility to casual fans. It's a fight he can sell.

I'm more interested in watching Paul box a boxer (even a mediocre one) than I am to watch him beat up MMA losing streaks.

He should have waited for Silva to beat Tito and called him out. But maybe Jake's camp think Silva might be too much..

Jake has been fighting 170lb sub 6ft MMA fighters with wrestling background and he had some issues with the last one. You don't go from that to a 6'2" 185lb MMA fighter with very extensive striking background. Even if Silva didn't fight tonight or against Chavez his team would never be dumb enough to send him in against Silva. It's too much of a jump in skill and size.

If Jake is sticking to the MMA route then realistically the next step up would be either a 170lb MMA guy with a striking background or a proper size 185lb guy with not great boxing but enough size to make it competitive.

I think Tommy Fury wins easily, walks through Jake's punches and overwhelms him physically. His defensive boxing and size are levels above anyone Jake has faced.

I'm more interested in watching Paul box a boxer (even a mediocre one) than I am to watch him beat up MMA losing streaks.
The pool of boxers that he could fight is very small tho. Paul can not fight Canelo now - it would be too far a bridge to cross - and he also can not fight KSI - that is a step back. He could fight some no name journey man gate keeper, but you would not maximize sales, and if he got beat it would look terrible and you cant do anything with that journey man. I think Showtime put Fury on that card as that is the fight they want to make: two social media celebs, same exact weight class, Paul fam vs Fury family, both undefeated in boxing and both with just a handful of fights. This way, if Fury manages to KO the cocky loud mouth, that also can help build him into a star the way Holly Holm became a start after beating Ronda. If Showtime is to get their crown jewel embarrassed you want it to mean good business for you in the end and minimize the effects of a loss.

Looking at all these angles, i think Fury is the only possible out come that makes sense right at this time. Andy or Vitor beating him up then going to triller, or even staying with showtime while being 45 year old washed up MMA fighter just does little for long term business.

I would watch Jake Paul vs Tommy Fury for sure!! Nice little fight imo. I think Tommy Fury would win.

The pool of boxers that he could fight is very small tho. Paul can not fight Canelo now - it would be too far a bridge to cross - and he also can not fight KSI - that is a step back. He could fight some no name journey man gate keeper, but you would not maximize sales, and if he got beat it would look terrible and you cant do anything with that journey man. I think Showtime put Fury on that card as that is the fight they want to make: two social media celebs, same exact weight class, Paul fam vs Fury family, both undefeated in boxing and both with just a handful of fights. This way, if Fury manages to KO the cocky loud mouth, that also can help build him into a star the way Holly Holm became a start after beating Ronda. If Showtime is to get their crown jewel embarrassed you want it to mean good business for you in the end and minimize the effects of a loss.

Looking at all these angles, i think Fury is the only possible out come that makes sense right at this time. Andy or Vitor beating him up then going to triller, or even staying with showtime while being 45 year old washed up MMA fighter just does little for long term business.

That all makes sense. Although logic and combat sports not always friends...

Paul's gas tank is a major concern. He gassed with woodley throwing like 5 punches a round. Fury doesn't seem like a volume fighter, but he skated early through his last fight even though he looked bad. I imagine Fury would be a heavy favorite

Perfectly summed up.
So Fury maybe fast tracked, but is he not fighting pro boxers still? No matter how good they were they made it to the pro level. Just feels like people are already making excuses if Paul wins because Fury is a bum and what not? People wanted him to face a boxer and now that he might still doesn't seem good enough. IMO Paul beating Fury would be much more impressive than beating Silva or Belfort. I think Paul could beat Belfort, but Silva and Fury would be a tough task.

So Fury maybe fast tracked, but is he not fighting pro boxers still? No matter how good they were they made it to the pro level. Just feels like people are already making excuses if Paul wins because Fury is a bum and what not? People wanted him to face a boxer and now that he might still doesn't seem good enough. IMO Paul beating Fury would be much more impressive than beating Silva or Belfort. I think Paul could beat Belfort, but Silva and Fury would be a tough task.

not sure anyone is complaining about the fight as such. It could at least be a bit competitive. Jake Paul claims to be a professional boxer, yet he’s never actually fought a boxer. Tommy is a boxer!

He’s also finally fighting someone his own size, and they are both novice ‘pros’ so it seems about right on paper

without doubt this is a huge step up, if the fight happens. Anyone buying or even excited about this fight though, should get their head examined

"Made it to the pro level" What does that mean? Anyone can be a pro boxer if they pass their medicals and someone is willing to put them on a show. Everyone Jake Paul has fought was also technically a pro boxer. And neither of them have faced someone who actually has made a career from boxing.

This is a good fight for him. Tommy Fury has the distinction of being a "real boxer" and has the legitimacy from his brother... but he's still the absolute shits and a very beatable opponent for Jake.

I did not realize how poor Fury's opponents were. Ide is 0-30-2 as a pro and 0-1 as an am. Williams is 0-16 as a pro. Krajevskij is 0-16. Binienda is 2-26 etc etc. Only Grant at 3-1 has a winning record. I had assumed Furys opponents worked their way up through the am. ranks, but that certainly isn't the case.

Did you not see his last fight? He won comfortably but he should have demolished an undersized can like that.

And what should Jake Paul have done to midget wrestler Tyron Woodley? Win a close SD?

And what should Jake Paul have done to midget wrestler Tyron Woodley? Win a close SD?

Tyron Woodley >>>>>>> Anthony Taylor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back