The Great Smartphone & Tablet Thread, v3: iPhone / iPad / Android / WP8 / Blackberry

Status
Not open for further replies.
continued from:
v2: The Great Smartphone & Tablet Thread, v2: iPhone / iPad / Android / WP8 / Blackberry
v1: The Great Android vs. Apple Debate

and as the starter post...

meet the galaxy S5 prime

http://www.businessinsider.com/samsung-galaxy-s5-prime-leaked-photos-and-video-2014-5

KEYWORDS:
Mobile / Smartphone / Cell Phone / Tablet
iPhone / iPad / iOS
Google / Android / Nexus / Galaxy / Note / Transformer / Xperia / Kitkat / Jelly Bean / ICS or Ice Cream Sandwich / Gingerbread / FroYo / Frozen Yogurt / Eclair
Microsoft / Windows 8 / Windows RT / WP8 / WP7 / Surface / Lumia / Razer Edge / Iconia / Ideapad / Flyer / Vivotab /
Amazon / Kindle / Kindle Fire / Kindle HDX / Paperwhite / VOD / Nook /
Blackberry / RIM / Symbian / Asha / Bada / Tizen / Palm Pilot / webOS / Ubuntu Touch / Firefox OS / Aliyun / Brew / GridOS / Linux / Mer / Nemo / S40 / Sailfish / SHR
Apple / Samsung / HTC / Nokia / ZTE / LG / Sony / Sony Ericsson / Huawei / Motorola / Asus / Blu / Vodafone / Alcatel / Meizu
Verizon / AT&T / T-Mobile / Sprint / MetroPCS / Virgin Mobile / Tracfone / Straight Talk / Page Cellular Plus / Prepaid
LTE / GSM / CDMA / 4G / 3G / SIM / HSDPA / GPS / A-GPS
WiFi / Dual Band / Bluetooth / NFC / Hotspot
Semiconductor / ARM / Qualcomm / Snapdragon / Exynos / A7 / A6 / Cortex / Adreno / Intel / NVIDIA / AMD / TSMC
Gorilla Glass / LCD / S-LCD / AMOLED / OLED / TFT
SD Card / MicroSD / HDMI / MHL / Slimport / Camera / Megapixels / Ultrapixels / Stylus / mAh / Battery / SMS / HTML5 / Java / Adobe Flash
Safari / Chrome / IE 11 / Dolphin / Opera / Boat Browser / UC Browser / Skyfire / Maxthon
XDA Forums / Rooting / Cyanogen Mod / MIUI / AOKP / Paranoid Android / Liquid Smooth / Slimbean / Team EOS

Smartphone Screen Surface Area, Common Size Chart
11992734165_89deba0e66_o.png

The key numbers in this chart are the far left column, "Diagonal", which describes the commonly quoted screen size of a phone (i.e. the iPhone 5s is 4.0"). The other is "Full Area", which tells the maximum total surface area for that diagonal. This is because older iPhones (model 4s and earlier) used a 3:2 aspect ratio. Presently, every flagship is on the 16:9 aspect ratio.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the S5 that I just got, superb phone.

LOL @ the guy saying that the fingerprint reader is in the back.

I would not upgrade for a thicker version of the phone.

The S5 that I have now it awesome.....just need them to release the god damn wireless charging for it.

Looks like there may be no Nexus 6:icon_sad::icon_sad:

Surface Pro3. take a bad idea and make it worse!

Nice move M$haft!

The Nexus 5 was meh anyway.....

Samsung will come out with a curved phone later on in the year...bricks will be shitted

Surface Pro3. take a bad idea and make it worse!

Nice move M$haft!

What's worse about it?

It looks pretty fantastic to me. If I wasn't immersed in Apple devices I'd look at it for my next computer. Seems comparable to the retina MacBook Pro with a weaker graphics card and more versatility.

I know a couple artist friends of mine are ordering this week.

The Nexus 5 was meh anyway.....

Samsung will come out with a curved phone later on in the year...bricks will be shitted

Was it? Other than the weak battery life it seems solid, especially for the price. I hope they do make a 6 so I can get my brother with a blackberry to finally upgrade. would need better battery though.

Simple is the new smart. That's how the invite to today's LG event in London reads. But what's simple about the newly announced LG G3 flagship LTE phone? We'll decode the marketing talk soon, but for now lets look at the simple facts about the hardware. As suspected (and oft leaked), the G3 has a 5.5-inch display, again with a much-talked-about Quad HD (2,560 x 1,440) display. As for the innards, there's a Snapdragon 801 chip clocked at 2.5GHz plus 2GB of RAM to serve you up Android KitKat, along with 16GB of storage. There's also a 3GB/32GB variant if you want to up the ante. Other hardware highlights include a removable (3,000mAh) battery, wireless charging and SD card support. Budding photographers will want to know that the main camera is a 13-megapixel unit, and comes with OIS and tap to focus. And yes, again, as rumored there's the (infrared) laser auto focus -- we'll be exploring that in detail in our review for sure. That's the key spec list, but in this increasingly experiential mobile world, there's a lot more going on than just a laundry list of features, which we got a chance to explore for ourselves.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/05/27/lgs-g3-is-official/

5.5?? fucking lg why can't they stay at the 5.0 mark

****HELP****

My Samsung Note 2 has become slow-as-fuck within 2 days, and the touchscreen is not responding unless I touch it 10 times to do 1 function.... but here's the weird thing. The only app active is the browser (dolphin) and everything is slow when it's recieving/sending data... When it's on Airplane mode it's speedy fast.

Anyone have any suggestions?

It's a hell of a coincidence that this just started happening when I just became eligible for a contract renewal and a new phone. Goes to my theory that Samsung designs it's products to go to shit in 18 months.

I got the LG Flex and I cant imagine a nicer phone out right now. Its big, but not giant, the picture quality is the best thing I have ever seen. The only complaint I have with it is, that it is nearly impossible for me to get a screen protector on it with out bubbles. It was easy to do with my Iphone 4, but with this it just wont work.

looks like the 4.4.3 update has already begun to be rolled out. just updated my htc one to it.

Last edited:
Poor people go for Samsungs. Understandable.

I haven't paid attention to phones much in 3 years, as that's how old mine is, but its funny that clearly children still care very much about which 'brand' they have and regardless of facts will trash the others, like always. Cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back