The Great Smartphone & Tablet Thread, v3: iPhone / iPad / Android / WP8 / Blackberry

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be honest, the Firefly thing is really interesting to me. I've had this fucking song in my head. It's like in Spanish? No clue what it is. Zero. You want me to sing a few words? Not a single idea what I'd even begin saying. Heard it in a burrito hut. Got me shook yo.

The first WP 8.1 coming out on a few carriers soon, first on the Lumia 635. Too bad for Sprint though, I don't want another mid range WP, I'm breaking contract early to go to Verizon to get the Lumia Icon or the One W8 when it comes out in Q3.

The first WP 8.1 coming out on a few carriers soon, first on the Lumia 635. Too bad for Sprint though, I don't want another mid range WP, I'm breaking contract early to go to Verizon to get the Lumia Icon or the One W8 when it comes out in Q3.

what a waste of service, they are so fucking expansive TeTe

Rocking a nexus 5 with the $30 t mobile plan. 100 minutes with unlimited text and data. I use groove IP for extra minutes on the phone. Pretty sick combo for cheap.

I would just like to say, that pig Christina Perri makes me feel funny in the pants.

Huawei all day.

41.jpg

Get on my level, scrubs.

Shit's got a camera and everything.

Is expansive supposed to be an inside joke? I don't get it.

So what can these 600$ phones really do that a shitty smart phone cant?

I have a nokia lumia that costs less than 80$. It's a bit slow, sometimes it restarts on its own presumably because it crashed, but for the most part, i don't see what I would do differently if I owned a high end phone.

I listen to music, podcasts, pandora, use line, use alarms, one note, gps, and once in a long while ill actually browse the web on my phone.

So what can these 600$ phones really do that a shitty smart phone cant?

I have a nokia lumia that costs less than 80$. It's a bit slow, sometimes it restarts on its own presumably because it crashed, but for the most part, i don't see what I would do differently if I owned a high end phone.

I listen to music, podcasts, pandora, use line, use alarms, one note, gps, and once in a long while ill actually browse the web on my phone.
Well, in terms of "can't", it's sort of like PCs: they can run some games/apps that your phone almost certainly can't, but otherwise, for your needs, it probably wouldn't make a remarkable difference. It would simply do everything that you already do much better: faster and more stably.

If you're not a power user, then you don't stand to benefit much in terms of utilitarianism from a high-end phone.
I dont think thats real judging by the amount of dislikes
It's real. The official name for the model is the "Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE-A". This is typical for them. They usually release the flagship, then release an "Advanced version" with a tiny chipset upgrade (and possibly 1-2 other small things), and release it in South Korea. North American users are usually left to the online marketplace if they want to score one. Often, by the time we can get one for a reasonable price, they're antiquated by the next generation or nullified by a matching upgrade from a competitor (i.e. LG G3).
GSM Arena > Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE-A specifications

Last edited:
good i need to use craiglist an find myself a new phone. i wounder i fthe LG G3 will have a bonus for the phone if i where to sign up on t-mo

Picked up the Moto E recently.

It's so much better than my previous shitter than shit phone, very quick so far.

My friend has a Lumia 1025 with the dev version and I had a chance to fiddle around with that and I liked it a lot even though Cortana won't work in my country.

Got the Lumia Cyan (WP 8.1) update last night for my 925 and I really like what I see. It's smooth and looks nicer because you can add a picture underneath the live tiles. Can't comment on Cortana sadly since it only works in the US so far.

i need madmick on this one...

dropped my galaxy s5...top left and right corners look like condensation...its not...the screen isnt cracked and i just put it in an otterbox and dropped it and that shit is spreading...almost going over the front facing camera...never had a phone do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back