• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies THE GRAY MAN (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen THE GRAY MAN, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Bond movies were overrated shit carried solely by Connery prior to Bourne.
horrified-chris.gif

It's the dude from the notebook!

Been watching this with the wife. We have about 30 minutes to go but honestly I've enjoyed it quite a bit. I thought Chris Evans played his part perfectly. My wife fucking hates him right now.

Update: July 26, 2022

THE GRAY MAN Sequel in the Works with Ryan Gosling and the Russo Bros. Returning; Spinoff Movie from Deadpool Writers Also in Development

AAAAQb1-qWyRM4wyPOGlwbCg_8IunDxGeJAbrxvICyLATA6cpV5dxA5rrlXDoA_OEEebvHInsmLa09iwJsaxjZ3r2yBP5gfxvDrLrQ7UnXeWZDmGhjcDddW3Yfxhdb25HwVBJ4Jn9y-yNxocnVflQuyVHQbgrMM.jpg

Netflix’s spy thriller The Gray Man is getting its own universe at Netflix. The original feature, which was produced with franchise potential in mind, will be getting a sequel, as well as a spin-off movie.

The sequel has Ryan Gosling and directors Joe and Anthony Russo (no strangers to cinematic universes) set to return, with The Gray Man co-writer Stephen McFeely set to pen the screenplay. The Russos and Mike Larocca will produce via their AGBO banner, along with Joe Roth and Jeffrey Kirschenbaum for Roth Kirschenbaum Films.

As for the spin-off, plot details are being kept under wraps, but Deadpool writers Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese are behind the script.

The Gray Man, which premiered on Netflix’s streaming service on July 22 after a limited theatrical run starting July 15, is based on the best-selling book series by Mark Greaney. The movie stars Gosling as secret agent Six, who was being tracked down by a sociopathic mercenary, played by Chris Evans, at the behest of a top government official hoping to hide his own wrongdoing.

Critics were mixed on The Gray Man, which has a 48 percent rating on review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes, with the THR review calling it “an overstuffed spy tale partly redeemed by its leads.” But viewers have been more receptive. The Rotten Tomatoes audience rating for the thriller is 91 percent and, according to the streamer, The Gray Man debuted as the No. 1 movie in 92 countries with 88.55 million hours of viewing in its opening weekend. That’s the best debut for a Netflix movie since The Adam Project collected 92.4 million hours in March, according to the company’s internal rankings.

AGBO is also behind another Netflix franchise. The 2020 Chris Hemsworth-starring Extraction will be getting a sequel due out in 2023.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/gray-man-netflix-sequel-ryan-gosling-1235186329/

Would watch sequel, didn't love the first but 7/10. Spin off would depend on what it is about.

<21>

I like the way you think
Seriously, I think they left some wiggle room for Lloyd to be alive. Yes, we saw his motionless body while the compound was being secured but they could explain that he was just nearly dead (we didn't see Six or Suzanne check his pulse) and they managed to revive him afterwards. Denny could have been lying about the autopsy and covering it up because they're good buddies.

Watched it last night, enjoyed it very much, it's big and flashy and cool and full of bright colors and lots of huge explosions in far away places, sometimes that's all ya need
Sure, the story was ridiculous, started off really interesting though, but it was full of enough solid actors that it was able to stay together just enough to get from one awesome action scene to the next
Chris Evans was really great as the hateable douchebag, Ana De Armas is picture perfect as usual, I also liked the black guy that played the CIA chief(I think?), but Billy Bob was a little more subdued than I like him to be, Ryan Gosling was bland but he did a great job with all the in insane physical stuff
My main complaint is that there was so much happening in some of those wild ass bulletfest scenes that the screen got blurry at times, way too much to take in, wish I woulda saw this in the theater on an MPX screen, I bet those same scenes would've been amazing
In conclusion, a very enjoyable big budget chaos filled summer blockbuster
6 Thumbs Up Outta 7

Back