• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies THE GRAY MAN (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen THE GRAY MAN, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Netflix has been making some mediocre to terrible movies I saw the interceptor before watching this at least that movie had comedy in it unintentionally. "Last days of american crime" is also one of the worst movies I have ever seen I think it is a Netflix exclusive movie too.

I don’t understand why they spend this kind of money on movies. Before all this fancy dancy computer stuff they could put out top of the line stuff for a quarter or less of the price.

I don’t understand why they spend this kind of money on movies. Before all this fancy dancy computer stuff they could put out top of the line stuff for a quarter or less of the price.

Lack of ideas maybe? Or lack of good writers.

This movie is getting very luke warm reviews, i was expecting more from the Russos. Will prob just skip it.

For the most part I really enjoyed this

Some stupid over the top jenky cgi action scenes & a lame cop out ending but I love Gosling, was happy to see him jacked kicking ass, and had fun.

7/10

Also evans as a douchey weirdo was bizarre

Giving this a watch tomorrow.

Ana de Armas also has a Marilyn Monroe movie on Netflix coming later this year. It's supposed to be Netflix's first ever movie with a NC-17 rating.

One thing to add is that even by blockbuster standards, this film has incredibly little faith in the intelligence or attentiveness of its audience.

The first scene painstakingly tells us everything about how The Gray Man was recruited and what he was recruited for.

In the next scene we have a pretty major character's first line of dialogue be "This is Denny Carmichael, CIA section chief". It is practically the same as having all the characters walk around with name tags and brief bios on their shirts.

Just finished it. The plot was convoluted but I thought the action was really fun and they had some very attractive actors in it. I love some De Armis. 7/10. Fun but wont watch it again.

As mentioned before, the film has a Winter Soldier vibe to it with some of the action, chase and fight sequences reminding me of the Marvel movie (Six using a shield was too obvious). Out of all the bombastic action scenes in here, my favorite might be the subdued knife fight in particular the slick transfer of the knife from one hand to the other.
Don't know why they are relating this movie to 'The Winter Soldier.' It is nothing like it. More of a James Bond feel to it. 'The Winter Soldier' is leaps and bounds above this movie. Better plot, acting, and action scenes. Where 'The Winter Soldier' would rank a 10, this movie ranks a 5.
Captain-America-The-Winter-Soldier-Winter-SoldierBucky.png

Last edited:
I was excited because of the cast, but was disappointed, the action were so choppy with cuts that last 1 or 2 seconds it was hard to follow. They try to colour the scene with neon colours like John Wick movies but they just don't have the fight choreography and stunt to back it up. I fell asleep with 30 minutes left.

Don't know why they are relating this movie to 'The Winter Soldier.' It is nothing like it. More of a James Bond feel to it. 'The Winter Soldier' is leaps and bounds above this movie. Better plot, acting, and action scenes. Where 'The Winter Soldier' would rank a 10, this movie ranks a 5.
Captain-America-The-Winter-Soldier-Winter-SoldierBucky.png
I have not read any reviews for Gray Man comparing it to Winter Soldier. That was just my own impression when I watched it.

Agree with you that Winter Soldier is way, way better than this.

Pfff, the action scenes were fine (too cartoonish, maybe) but idk, everything else sucked...
So why on earth didn't Ryan Gosling's character kill off Chris Evans' when he was unconscious from the dart??? Would have saved him A SHIT TON of trouble and hundreds of people wouldn't have died... it's not like he had any remorse in killing every other one in cold blood. Man, this was SO DUMB that I almost turned the movie off on the spot

I just finished it. I really enjoyed it. I thought it was trying to be more Bourne than WS2 but it was a fun ride.

Bourne rewrote the spy genre completely and nothing has come close to topping it (ignoring of course the Jeremy Renner Bourne attempt, Damon owns that franchise)

Thanks for the nice fat pussy. Had a gf in Brazil who looked like Ana, ah the memories
I just finished it. I really enjoyed it. I thought it was trying to be more Bourne than WS2 but it was a fun ride.

Bourne rewrote the spy genre completely and nothing has come close to topping it (ignoring of course the Jeremy Renner Bourne attempt, Damon owns that franchise)

the Bourne movies forever ruined the bond series. He became Jason Bond and it just ruined it for me. :mad:

Back