Media Merab just became a Combat Sambo Champion

No, they are required. Cases where they are missing are exceptional.
Well I'm not an expert on combat sambo, I don't know if the rules changed or anything, but here's Khabib doing sambo without headgear or shinguards:

Well I'm not an expert on combat sambo, I don't know if the rules changed or anything, but here's Khabib doing sambo without headgear or shinguards:

Yeah, we can also see Fedor and Aleks not wearing them in their finals match that looks staged. As I said, this is a rare occasion.

Yeah, we can also see Fedor and Aleks not wearing them in their finals match that looks staged.
Yes Dana, you said Fedor had no skills, his entire combat career was staged wins.
<{cruzshake}>​
imagine what Sherdog will say when he blasts Merab's head into the back row when they finally fight.
Real fans (myself included) would give Sean credit. He definitely can fight at a top level.

Gotta love that Dana said a striking bouts are a no-no outside the UFC because of possibility of an injury. But I guess injuries can only occur when fighter earns some $$$.

Yeah, we can also see Fedor and Aleks not wearing them in their finals match that looks staged. As I said, this is a rare occasion.
That Khabib match is in the WCSF organisation, as opposed to the much more famous FIAS. They have different requirements.

Seems kind of unfair lol. I'd like to see Alex Pereira enter a local kickboxing tournament. Coach: hey Bobby Joe, you'll fight some guy named Alex Pereira. Let's win this for our team! Bobby: coach, I'm not feeling too well.

Seems kind of unfair lol. I'd like to see Alex Pereira enter a local kickboxing tournament. Coach: hey Bobby Joe, you'll fight some guy named Alex Pereira. Let's win this for our team! Bobby: coach, I'm not feeling too well.
That’s not even close.
Merab just won silver in the world sambo once. And never touched UFC gold.

Alex was number one ranked p4p in kickboxing. won world championships in 2 weight classes in kickboxing, and also in UFC in a very short amount of time.

You wanna watch some poor prospect die in the ring?

US National, far from being as prestigious as some eastern European title, but a fun way to remain active and keep the skills sharp.

Damn next thing he'll become the Brazillian JuiJitsu champion of Christmas Island

That's cool. Merab is fun, I don't care what anyone says.

(not funny.. fun.. his videos are still cringey lol)

I'm surprised the UFC scumbag executives still let potential champs compete or do anything fun outside of the Ultimate Proving Ground for Fighters.

Back