• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Game Awards 2022

FjjjwFYWQAEoE-n

Elden Ring supporters started review bombing God of War before the Game Awards. Gamers are the worst.

I agree. That shit is cringe. Especially if you’re an adult lol.

It's bizzare that some people just can't enjoy both Ragnarok and Elden Ring. Like why can't we have more than one great game? Do these people enjoy one food and then hate everything else? Weirdos

it is strange. I might joke around with some friends bashing on a game or whatever but to be involved with online communities to do it and try to sabotage a game…. Cmon now lol.
Also, the whole GOTY thing like who really cares if your personal favorite loses? Like how many times is your favorite game of the year actually the GOTY winner? It’s cool to watch and recognize the accolades but as a gamer you probably shouldn’t really give too many shits lol

Can anyone share a link to seeing this whole award show? Thanks in advance.

maxresdefault.jpg

Wonder if this person realized it's been in every AC game and almost every FromSoft game since King's Field...

Also, ER fully deserved this and I'm glad Miyazaki is getting his recognition. Bloodborne had the impossible task of going against Witcher 3 and wasn't even nominated for best soundtrack that year. Dark Souls 3 wasn't even nominated for GOTY (which went to Overwatch lol) and lost out on RPG of the year to a DLC pack which shouldn't have been nominated as a standalone game.

My hope is that with Miyazaki and FS gaining so much popularity and notoriety, Armored Core will finally start to get the recognition it deserves.

Further proof of what a corporate shitshow The Game Awards is, I have to take a necro moment to marvel at how badly they fucked up their Indie awards categories.

I've been on the Vampire Survivors kick the past week like many others have, but I've also played Cult of the Lamb, Neon White, and at a friend's urging who praised it as a nostalgic throwback to The Legend of Zelda, the wonderful little puzzle platformer Tunic. I haven't played Sifu, but the gameplay looks sick. I don't know anything about Norco.

But my question is how in bulbous blue balls of Batman did they pick Stray in both categories? Do we have anyone on Sherdog who will champion this game?

full

full

Further proof of what a corporate shitshow The Game Awards is, I have to take a necro moment to marvel at how badly they fucked up their Indie awards categories.

I've been on the Vampire Survivors kick the past week like many others have, but I've also played Cult of the Lamb, Neon White, and at a friend's urging who praised it as a nostalgic throwback to The Legend of Zelda, the wonderful little puzzle platformer Tunic. I haven't played Sifu, but the gameplay looks sick. I don't know anything about Norco.

But my question is how in bulbous blue balls of Batman did they pick Stray in both categories? Do we have anyone on Sherdog who will champion this game?

full

full

The sad fact is gamers are one of the dumbest, if not the dumbest, group of consumers in all of the worldwide free market.

'We' put stock in CGI trailers enough to make preorders, buy annual sport franchises at full price when they're basically roster updates, spend tens of billions of dollars in microtransactions, and give The Game Awards credibility as a gauge to determine quality of the year's releases.

I would say sooner or later gamers, as a whole, would smarten up, but after 15 years of these Game Awards being around apparently that's never going to happen.

I will mention there's been some sign of intelligence, by the gaming community as a whole - the complete rejection of NFTs.

full

full

I remember a few in here giving it pretty high praise, actually. I'm pretty sure there's a thread somewhere in here, with mostly positive responses. It did kind of did come and go, though.

Last edited:
Back