• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Game Awards 2022

I missed the SF6 reveal. Does it look better than 5?

Bit of a bleh show for me apart from the FF16 date reveal, will probably play DS2 at some point, not much else shown that i'd probably play at the minute

Unfortunate elsewhere all the talk is on the brat who'd stage-bombed Grandmaestro Miyazaki. In wrap-up:

Spain's Game Kitchen apologetic for no-show but wants fans to know the sequel is well underway. Respect and can't wait: \m/

cc: @SwamiLeoni

Nice! I've been wondering what they've been up to. Thanks for the heads up. Will probably see some gameplay soon I would imagine.

I didn't watch. Someone lay it on me. Were there any good announcements?

Too much overhype for Elden Ring imo. gave it a 7 fun gameplay but repetitive and frankly really really dislike the lack of storytelling. The 30 second ending ruined the game for me.

For me GOW vastly superior game in terms of emotional engagement which is basically zero in Elden Ring.

There is a lot to criticize ER on, imo. I think you nailed it with the 30 second ending. That was kind of absurd. Also the repeating dungeons felt like fillers. DS3 had better set pieces, but the open world and stumbling into new areas was really breathtaking in so many ways.

From really crafted an ingenious way of storytelling. With the limited information found on items and cryptic messaging, they're forcing the community to do the leg work to put the pieces together. This creates and maintains both a stable player base and continued community buzz. Personally, I'm not a super big fan of having to piece lore together through youtube videos. Too many potential spoilers and a total lack of player / game cohesiveness. Some people enjoy the community aspect of it as this method buildd incredibly strong community engagements.

I feel like Kojima tried to do something similar with DS but it just wasn't the same. The gameplay wasn't fun for most people. Silent Hill would be a much better game for this type of storytelling.

Cory would not have had a 3 hour fruit picking borefest with the hippie chick, while combating a dementia-laden grandma. The pacing in GOWR is freaking awful. I'm going to finish it, but after the painful Angrboda sequence, I've yet to pick it back up.

It has a lot going for it, namely gorgeous visuals and a compelling story/characters, but GOWR's level design for the most part is underwhelming.

ER engaged me throughout, always awing me with one set piece reveal after another. The only downturns for me were the rinse/repeat dungeons, however, those were optional at least.

I thought The Crater was the best designed level in the game. It gave the player the most sense of freedom and it never felt like you were being led to an arena. Like I mentioned in my GOW review, this game, TLOU and Uncharted seem so familiar in so many ways. Trail > Arena > Trail > Arena > Trail > Arena > Trail > Boss. GOWR did mix it up here and there but with a linear game, you're almost always going to fall into that same trap. It just seems so outdated to me. We need an ER awakening for our linear games.

My other complaint was the lack of destruction Kratos did on his run through the 9 realms. I get that they were aiming for more methodical gameplay ala 2018, but let me crush tons of enemies. Give me fast paced gameplay in at least a few segments from GOWIII. Let me relive some of that glorious button mashing.

Elden Ring, clear winner, well deserved. Gratz to all who helped make that game

Funny af how mad some people are on social media that Elden Ring GOTY even though GoW won more categories. People claiming it's rigged and meaningless since winning categories means nothing lol. Bunch of crybabies.

Out of all the GOTY nominees I only played Elden Ring and I can say that it was one of the best gaming experiences I've had. Really did feel like it took this year by storm and had so many people playing it and trying it out despite never playing a SoulsBorne game before. I personally just had little experience with the genre but still loved this.

Funny af how mad some people are on social media that Elden Ring GOTY even though GoW won more categories. People claiming it's rigged and meaningless since winning categories means nothing lol. Bunch of crybabies.

Out of all the GOTY nominees I only played Elden Ring and I can say that it was one of the best gaming experiences I've had. Really did feel like it took this year by storm and had so many people playing it and trying it out despite never playing a SoulsBorne game before. I personally just had little experience with the genre but still loved this.
Elden Ring supporters started review bombing God of War before the Game Awards. Gamers are the worst.

It's bizzare that some people just can't enjoy both Ragnarok and Elden Ring. Like why can't we have more than one great game? Do these people enjoy one food and then hate everything else? Weirdos

Bill Clinton is now a reformed orthodox rabbi.

What a time to be alive
How the hell did he get on stage and nobody said or did anything lol
I have to try this sometime

What a time to be alive
How the hell did he get on stage and nobody said or did anything lol
I have to try this sometime
They’re lucky this kid turned out to be harmless. Could you imagine if this kid stabbed the award winners? I think security will increase next year. This was a lesson to be learned and thankfully nobody got hurt.

They’re lucky this kid turned out to be harmless. Could you imagine if this kid stabbed the award winners? I think security will increase next year. This was a lesson to be learned and thankfully nobody got hurt.
What impresses me the most is that the kid had a once in a lifetime opportunity to say something, and it was guaranteed to reach everyone on the planet, and his decision was to "nominate this award" to Rabbi Bill Clinton. This clearly was important to him

Back