• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Game Awards 2022

BoxingFan653

C-137
@Brown
Reaction score
https://thegameawards.com/nominees/game-of-the-year

fhjwu7mwaaa6tcm-jpeg.953236

Who you got?

I'm gonna go with Elden Ring with God of War being a close 2nd but you have to give it to Elden Ring. What a quietly amazing year for gaming.

Last edited:
I loved the first HZD, was my fav ps4 game, but couldn’t get into the second one . Only other one I played on that list was stray so I go with that

The Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences hasn't announced any nominees yet.

God of War for me. As great as Elden Ring is its amazing gameplay alone isnt enough to beat over both GoW's great story along with its gameplay.

All this talk about Elden Ring has me curious, dont know nothing about it though, is it one of those games where you gotta go around talking to hella people and asking them questions on a conversation wheel and investigating and all that shit?
I hate that stuff, I just wanna fight!

All this talk about Elden Ring has me curious, dont know nothing about it though, is it one of those games where you gotta go around talking to hella people and asking them questions on a conversation wheel and investigating and all that shit?
No, you don't have to do much conversing, but it's definitely an RPG. There is a story and you have to build your character.

There is way more fighting than RPGing, though.

No, you don't have to do much conversing, but it's definitely an RPG. There is a story and you have to build your character.

There is way more fighting than RPGing, though.

Thanks, I think Im gonna check it out, I enjoy character building, just hate the endless conversation loops

Haven't played the other ones, but Elden Ring was pretty neat.

I downloaded Stray just because it got nominated and I'm desperate for something to play

Do you like the Dark Souls games?

I downloaded Stray just because it got nominated and I'm desperate for something to play
Stray looks amazing.

Stray is a fun, interesting little novelty game, far from amazing and definitely not GOTY worthy
It's way too short and there's not enough game there to be a serious contender for major awards imo, it's fun to play though

I never played them
I would honestly play Dark Souls before Elden Ring. Elden Ring is just open world Dark Souls and the scale is so much bigger it would be a shame if you got it and felt like the series isnt for you. If you've never played a Souls game I truly believe you should start with the original to see if the series is something for you as the play time is much shorter than Elden Ring and the original Dark Souls still holds up amazingly and is well worth the playthrough if you are into the series.

Back