• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Khamzat contemplating retirement?

That’s sucks if true. He’s such an exciting and talented fighter. I’m not sure why so many people are down on him for health issues that are out of his control.

Khamzat is a welterweight. So is Usman. When they fought at middleweight, I thought Usman looked bigger.

Usman did not do enough to earn a draw. If Usman would have gotten the win, it would have been a legit robbery. You can't say the same for Khamzat winning.

I was surprised at how easy it was for Khamzat to take Usman down.
Khamzat is a middleweight and Marty clearly won the last 2 rds

Cope

giphy.gif

fuIl-8.gif

He needs to either dramatically change is lifestyle or just fleet up and take his chances at 205. His body is clearly not reacting to weight loss well.

What are talking about ? He's a small MW...

it's probably not from covid

it's more likely from the clot-shot

… he’s actually unvaccinated … it was one of the things discussed at the time of his serious Covid, that if perhaps he was vaccinated it would have been less serious … so clearly not the “clot-shot” as you call it.

If he has major health issues he should have that shit diagnosed by now
He gets a lot of money thrown at him, he should have some good doctors
Something is off about this dude

… he’s actually unvaccinated … it was one of the things discussed at the time of his serious Covid, that if perhaps he was vaccinated it would have been less serious … so clearly not the “clot-shot” as you call it.
he says he was getting the clot shot when he went back to Sweden, then he lived in Sweden.

so maybe you don't know everything

not as much of a letdown as the first time we heard him think about retirement after covid.

i think many of us are over khamzat. we also have skavkat, poatan, ddp, and islam filling in for the GOAT role we expected from khamzat

Would be a shame for sure but he does seem to have a pretty poor health situation. For someone of his age, and fitness levels, to be suffering all the time from illness isn't a good sign.

You maybe correct but I wonder if maybe he is overtraining and is not properly recovering like getting deep sleep or immersed in various recovery tactics needed to ward off overtraining like cold plunge or deep tissue massage or anything that promotes deep relaxation that leads to faster recovery time.

I could be wrong and maybe he is doing all that and it could just be a faulty immune system.

I was a huge Khanzat fan but his health issues seem to not get better and I think its best he retires, at least for a few years.

It seems that guys from this geographical and cultural part of the world are probe to injuries. I wonder if this is connected with the fact that the inbreed ratio there is higher than in the rest of the world (yes this includes Alabama!)!?

Back