Media The FW GOAT Jose Aldo Congratulates Conor McGregor on Retirement

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
My favorite fighter of all time.

Don't get it twisted, my AV is me being playful and dickriding Zabit cuz he's my favorite fighter currently but Aldo is the 145 Goat and I'll be the first to admit.

Scarface The Icon.

Surprising response from Aldo given everything he's said since their fight. He's not wrong here though.

featherweight goat? Yeah no that belongs to Conor buddy.

Lmfao.

Aldo defended the title 9 times, and didn't lose in a fucking decade.

Conor beating him doesn't mean Conor inherits all of his accomplishments. That's not how it works.

Attain some knowledge before you speak and don't ever disrespect a goat like that again, kid.

Lmfao.

Conor beating him doesn't mean Conor inherits all of his accomplishments. That's not how it works.

Attain some knowledge before you speak and don't ever disrespect a goat like that again, kid.

That guy also thinks Conor demolished Khabib on the feet.

That is how far up Conor's ass his fans are.

A GOAT says GOAT words. Funny how Aldo was supposed to be the washed up veteran when he fought McGregor but 3.5 years later McGregor is "retiring" and Aldo is winning top contender fights.

Agreed, I was thinking that recently actually. Aldo's prime seemed to be WEC, he didn't look great for most of his UFC career, and by the time he fought Conor I thought he was past it, despite being under 30.

But damn, his career resurgence is impressive. He's got a second lease of life of sure. Max is just a beast, but he looked great against Frankie, and in his 2 most recent wins too.

Aging is unpredictable, and has a lot more to do with just "age".

Lmfao.

Young man, Zabit.

Put aside your hatred for Conor.

Aldo isn't the goat, if he was the goat he wouldn't get beaten by Max twice and out played by Conor.

Agreed, I was thinking that recently actually. Aldo's prime seemed to be WEC, he didn't look great for most of his UFC career, and by the time he fought Conor I thought he was past it, despite being under 30.

Aging is unpredictable, and has a lot more to do with just "age".

Very true.

He got heavier, stopped using his leg kicks as much and started gassing earlier, even during his dominant reign in the UFC.

By the time he fought Conor he had 26 fights under his belt, years of training wear and tear, and was just in a total war with Mendes. Can't ignore that.

Very nice to see Aldo get over his loss to Conor, I always though the way he handled it hurt his stock more than the loss itself.

Time heals all wounds.

<mma4>

Very nice to see Aldo get over his loss to Conor, I always though the way he handled it hurt his stock more than the loss itself.

Time heals all wounds.

<mma4>
Yeah good on him for that. .

Very true.

He got heavier, stopped using his leg kicks as much and started gassing earlier, even during his dominant reign in the UFC.

By the time he fought Conor he had 26 fights under his belt, years of training wear and tear, and was just in a total war with Mendes. Can't ignore that.
hes confident in his boxing now, and it probably helps with managing his energy in a fight instead of his older style when he was younger where he was much more explosive and wilder with his muay thai and striking in general. thats an adjustment hes made as hes gotten older and slowed a little. some parts of his striking like his hands are more crisp then when he was younger - but when he was younger he could go a full 5 and was more unpredictable, and his physical tools were just superior to what he has now.

Young man, Zabit.

Put aside your hatred for Conor.

Aldo isn't the goat, if he was the goat he wouldn't get beaten by Max twice and out played by Conor.

Shit happens bro. He still has by far the best resume at FW.

Shit happens bro. He still has by far the best resume at FW.

Yes, in no way am I discrediting jose aldo. He just isn't the goat of the division, you are not the goat of your division if there is someone better than you.

That's how it works.

Yes, in no way am I discrediting jose aldo. He just isn't the goat of the division, you are not the goat of your division if there is someone better than you.

That's how it works.

Goat implies "of all time" , not currently.
Max is better right now, but Aldo is a better am time FW.

Thats how it works.

Just like Andy is MW Goat but there's a handful of guys that could beat him right now at MW.

Aldo and Conor have always been more or less cordial with each other off-camera.

Don't let the shenanigans fool you.

Conor made 60 to 80 mil on the Mayweather fight, even tho proper 12 is awful it's making a lot of money, n his other shit........ if u got 30 to 100 mil in bank how hard are u training? the hunger goes away accept a very rare few like Mayweather.

https://www.mmamania.com/2019/3/30/...-a-brilliant-career-ufc-mma-khabib-white-espn
“What he did for the sport and what he won. If I fight Floyd Mayweather and make 80 million dollars, the UFC would never see me again too. Do you really think I would train multiple martial arts three times a day? He had a brilliant career, he was a great fighter and if he really is retiring, I congratulate him for all he did in the sport.” - Aldo.
View attachment 555565
Two of my favorite fighters of all time. Jose Aldo (the greatest) and Conor McGregor (the most exciting)
AldoMandelSherdog.jpg

I would still love to see a rematch, but Conor definitely isn't going to do it at this stage.

I hope Jose blesses sherdog with another win in May, and then wins the title in late 2019. A man can only dream.
giphy.gif

Fucking great post.

amazing how over time he's gotten over that loss. that would have been career ending for most. crazy in 2019 retirement aldo is sending the young guns home with a fat L.

he also said in an interview i think after the 237 presser that the rematch probably doesnt make sense now and doesnt expect it to happen, hes moved on. the ideal time to do it was right after the first fight.

Career ending for most? A bit of an exaggeratin aint it? These guys are fighters btw. Aldo was one of the GOAT but that doesnt mean he is one of the few fighters that can get past a KO. Fact is most fighters would have gotten over it. I am not even sure I know of a fighter who has retired due to getting their first KO'ed

A GOAT says GOAT words. Funny how Aldo was supposed to be the washed up veteran when he fought McGregor but 3.5 years later McGregor is "retiring" and Aldo is winning top contender fights.

The fight lasted 13 seconds. Great win for Conor but the fight itself showed nothing.

Back