The Fountain. Is it worth a watch?

I watched this for the first time a couple weeks ago.. I loved the visuals and the story all the way until the end.. I guess I was to
Dumb to understand exactly what happened, I think I get the jist but I think he could have made it easier to understand. Other than that I loved it. It brought tears to my eyes but I think that was mostly the oxy I was on.

The Fountain is one of my favorite movies ever.. but it's not for everyone.

people who hate what they don't understand are the worst. limited intelligence does not equate to a discerning taste.

I love it. Worth a watch. Still don't know what it's all about though. And I've seen it plenty of times.

Now there's a comment destined to backfire.

calling this movie "pretentious hipster shit" or that it's "bullshit b/c it's open to interpretation" is fuckin weak. offer some real goddamn criticism if you have any, which they won't b/c they're too stupid to do so. at least TS commented on what he sees as sub-par acting, which i disagree with greatly, but again at least he made a point.

calling this movie "pretentious hipster shit" or that it's "bullshit b/c it's open to interpretation" is fuckin weak. offer some real goddamn criticism if you have any, which you won't b/c you're too stupid to do so. at least TS commented on what he sees as sub-par acting, which i disagree with greatly, but again at least he made a point.
Your point is well taken.

Myself I prefer the weak shit to the zealous people who either have no vocabulary to adequately express themselves or have too much vocabulary as to be nonsensical. That gets tiresome, I mean where to even begin?

I think at the end of the day if we discuss a film by its merits rather than its detractors, we will have contributed something a bit more meaningful. If people can't understand the juxtaposition of different story lines as portrayed by the same actors weaving together to form a circular theme of LIFE/DEATH, maybe they're just asking for help in their strange little way.

Your point is well taken.

Myself I prefer the weak shit to the zealous people who either have no vocabulary to adequately express themselves or have too much vocabulary as to be nonsensical. That gets tiresome, I mean where to even begin?

I think at the end of the day if we discuss a film by its merits rather than its detractors, we will have contributed something a bit more meaningful. If people can't understand the juxtaposition of different story lines as portrayed by the same actors weaving together to form a circular theme of LIFE/DEATH, maybe they're just asking for help in their strange little way.

btw i realized i wrote "you" in my original post instead of "they" and changed it. hopefully you didn't think my vitriol was addressed to you.

people who hate what they don't understand are the worst. limited intelligence does not equate to a discerning taste.
No, the worst are people who think that pretentious films are disliked due to a lack of intelligence on the part of the audience.

btw i realized i wrote "you" in my original post instead of "they" and changed it. hopefully you didn't think my vitriol was addressed to you.
I wouldn't sweat it.

For the people who don't get it. Current Hugh Jackman is a doctor looking to cure cancer because his wife is dying. He succeeds in finding somewhat of a cure that happens to be a method for immortality -- but by that time his wife has died. Because of his breakthrough and the immortality it grants, he falls further into obsession by trying to bring her back. Thus he becomes Future Hugh Jackman. Past Hugh Jackman is a fictional allegory written by his wife to cope with his inability to accept her mortality. It is Current/Future Hugh Jackman's interpretation of it that we witness. The Hughs reach the truth his wife was trying to lead him to accept. Without death there is no life. Thus he dies to rejoin his wife.

No, the worst are people who think that pretentious films are disliked due to a lack of intelligence on the part of the audience.

nananeepoopoo. you've stated that Aronofsky is of mediocre talent. nuff said.

YEs it's worth it

BUt if you're looking for good new SciFi I'd probably recommend Primer and Sunshine above The Fountain.

I thought it was a good watch, but a bit over hyped. It didn't blow my mind but it was intriguing.

I found Eternal Sunshine to be entirely over hyped.

I was expecting greatness from what everyone was saying. Instead, it was utterly insipid.
I'm pretty sure he's talking about the Danny Boyle movie Sunshine. Not Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (which is brilliant, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who is under a certain age or never had a long-term romantic relationship that went bad, since that's what it's about).

I liked it.

A little artsy fartsy but if you're in the mood for something thought provoking and unique its a solid film to check out.

Loved the movie. Scared to watch it again to taint my original thoughts on it

Back