• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The first sub that got you?

I practice BJJ and the 1st submission a beginner usually goes through is armbars, triangle chokes and different kinds of classical chokes made with the help of the GI

KrazyKanadian said:
I fucking hate gi chokes. My instructor used to get me in these all the damn time.

I hate the GI so much too, u never know what's gonna happen to u plus when ur opponent catches your GI and holds strong without releasing it!!!
unfortunately we will have to train to get use to it unless u only planning to grapple later on

lucvanlierde said:
im going to my first submission wrestling class on monday....just wondering what sub first got you to tap out? RNC? Leg Triangle? Gillotine??

Discuss.

that would be a gi choke.

Guillotine. Just put my head down and charged. I probably outweighed the guy by about 80 pounds.

Triangle! Having some wrestling background, I decided to cradle my opponent and slipped into one that cut my blood circulation.

after hearing all of these, I just cant wait to get guillotined, RNC, triangles, arm barred, side choked, ankle locked...

jesus.

Skidz said:
This is really humiliatng but oh well. I got achilles locked by a 13 year old boy the first night. :icon_sad:

I know how you feel, first day at Jax BJJ, I got choked out with a Gi choke by a 10th grader in HS. He was manhandled but the tecnique overtakes you if you can't strike.

Don't feel bad though, it happens to everyone and usually most schools are real supported, you will get choked out then laugh and he will tell you what you did wrong.

straight arm bar in a submission grappling tourny. i won the first two years but lost in the first round in the 3rd tourny.

First time I got subbed it was an armbar First sub I pulled off was an armbar too.

Skidz said:
This is really humiliatng but oh well. I got achilles locked by a 13 year old boy the first night. :icon_sad:

That totally sucks. I totally respect you for admitting that though. On my first night I trained with four people....
(2) 3rd degree Black Belts
(1) 5th degree Black Belt
(1) 7th degree Black Belt (The Shihan)

I pretty much was at their mercy. My first sub was whatever they wanted it to be.

with no submission training, i entered a tourney in 1998. won my first match, got rnc'ed in my second.

Triangle. I was so convinced I would be able to prevent this from happening. I knew how to escape but damn I was so freakin' tired. That will be the most difficult part at first. Is the constant humilation and sucking wind.

It was the RNC that did me in. He clamped it on and damn nearn snapped my head off. Had a sore throat and neck for a while.not a good feeling at all.

Trytohitme said:
Triangle. I was so convinced I would be able to prevent this from happening. I knew how to escape but damn I was so freakin' tired. That will be the most difficult part at first. Is the constant humilation and sucking wind.

YES!

I played football in college and the two a days didn't have shit on my first week at BJJ. There is nothing more tiring then grappling for 3 minutes.

Back