• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The first sub that got you?

Training? Stand up. Been on both sides of KO'd.

Ground? Learning. Like I said, never submitted, not to say that I can't be. When it happens, it will suck and I will learn.

Chin Music said:
Training? Stand up. Been on both sides of KO'd.

Ground? Learning. Like I said, never submitted, not to say that I can't be. When it happens, it will suck and I will learn.

so....you're training jj, sambo, judo....something that incorporates grappling? or are you just talking real fights? because if you're training and you've never been submitted then i can only see three options:

1.your training camp really, really, really, really, really, really sucks.
2.you are gods gift to grappling.
3.you're a liar.

even rickson has been sub'd before. EVERYONE GETS SUBBED WHEN THEY FIRST START TRAINING.....and even after you have a lot of experience you will still get subbed. and if you're training with folks who can no longer sub you, you need to start working with people who can-that way you will improve.

I tapped an orange belt first with a boston crab. I stood up in his gaurd and flipped him over while stepping over him.

Then he got me with an armbar.

I dont even train but in mess abouts with mates, I've been RNC'd, triangled, tapped out to him putting his bodyweight on his forearm leaning on my throat when i was on my back, also when drunk with a mate, got my leg twisted when on my back aggressively pulling my MCL, on crutches for 2 weeks.

Lucky for me i dont get into proper fights.

i'm not a wrestler but first sub i got was juji gatame aka arm bar

Oh and when I first got choked, I remember standing up afterwards and dropping back on to the ground becuase my head wasn't straight yet. I hate that feeling.

Damn you guillotine choke. I shot in and couldn't eat solid foods for a week. Chin tucked, head up.

guillotine, about 20 times my first night of bjj training... good times. thanks mark

ninja_spirit said:
when i began doing gi training (i had been doing no gi for a while) i would get caught with gi chokes all the time, especially the clock choke for some reason

I fucking hate gi chokes. My instructor used to get me in these all the damn time.

RNC when I was in the first grade in a schoolyard fight!

Back