• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The first sub that got you?

i think the first sub i got on anyone was a neck crank. i actually didn't sub anyone for my first few jj sessions until a new guy came in.

i remember the first time getting an armbar...from the top, but still, i was happy with it.

every time i sunk a sub for the first time i was always happy but i was probably the happiest after i sunk an ankle lock and made this dude tap out. i would always try them and be unable to finish and then loose postition. but this time i sunk it...and on a guy who i never tapped out before.

man, a good night of rolling can really brighten a day. but for me, if i have a really good night, i start to get cocky and start thinking that i'm a lot better than i actually am. but no worries, theres always someone out there to bring me back to reality by subbing me with ease.

oh yeah, the first time i sunk a triangle was cool too. good thread.

jiujitsu2000 said:
Guillotine chokes, armbars, shoulder locks, neck cranks, leg locks, triangles, and about 50 rear naked chokes... Ha ha

RNC, Rnc, Rnc, Rnc, when palm slapping is allowed, youll get RNC'd 20 times becuase you hate getting slapped in the face 100 times from the mount

I never took BJJ, but I did do judo.

Can't remember what my first sub was, but chances are it was a front gi choke or a straight armbar.

Funny thing is I thought diving for a knee bar would save me from the RNC everytime. Boy was I wrong.

oh shit, i read this thread title wrong. i don't remember what the first sub is i got caught in but i'm pretty sure i was caught in nearly everything with exception to a gogo

I got Rear Naked Trigg cause I was so used to wrestling that I gave up my back.

Thank God, never been submitted. On the other hand, a recent sucker punch yielded 13 stitches to the ear.

I'll find that f*cker.

An armbar.

I've never been triangled though. I haven't trained for a while, but I went for like a year of Pankration training, and I've never been tapped with a triangle. A ton of armbars, RNC's, and gi chokes though.

Asshole? Witty retort.

The truth is, I have never been submitted, never said I couldn't be, just that I never have been submitted.

Perhaps I should learn your defense. The keyboard.

Triangle choke. Gets me everytime. I like to lose all tournaments I enter by triangle choke also.

I tapped fast to the first neck crank I got put in too, man it is scary the first few times.

Chin Music said:
Thank God, never been submitted. On the other hand, a recent sucker punch yielded 13 stitches to the ear.

I'll find that f*cker.
Never been submitted? So you don't train...

head arm choke, i was tapped while my opponent was in my guard. This was a long time ago tho haha I have yet to get my revenge on him

when i began doing gi training (i had been doing no gi for a while) i would get caught with gi chokes all the time, especially the clock choke for some reason

Back