The exaggeration of Glover getting rocked

I blame Rogan for this, but people are acting like Maldonado nearly put Glover out. He hit Glover with a good shot. Glover didn't drop. He backed off for a second then went back on the attack. Meanwhile everyone's ignoring all the times Rampage has been rocked. What's also being ignored is that Maldonado is known for having an iron chin and getting hit with serious damage without being phased. Yet Glover dropped him with the first few punches he landed. Rampage is in for a world of hurt.

Rampage by KO

Yeah but the guys who rocked Rampage were like prime Wandy and Shogun. Glover got rocked by Maldonado.

Maldonado was an undefeated boxer before his transfer to mma, granted it was only in Brazil, but nontheless, a person with a boxing background is going to know how to apply and time his shot much better than an mma artist can.

Such a nuthugger, you've got an excuse for everything.

Lol it's a fact though. Look at how he drops his arms even though Rajah is punching at him. Rashad regularly does that to set up his shots, and Rampage was defending against that and got hit. Props to Rashad. But Rashad Evans and Glover Teixeira don't fight anything at all alike. Lol I can't believe I actually had to explain that to you. It's easier to browse the internet angry and call people "nuthuggers" than it is actually being educated on the sport.

Yea that's called getting rocked. Thanks.

Can't wait til this hype train derails.

That gif doesn't even do it justice. Glover was wobbling around on spaghetti legs for a few seconds afterwards.

Ditto on the hype train too. I haven't seen one this bad since Palhares.

he was quite clearly rocked. just look at his legs.

yeah glover was clearly rocked but it doesnt mean he has a weak chin. glover put his hands down and didnt see the shot coming. its always the one you dont see that hurts the most. like chuck vs rampage 2.

glover made a mistake but its hard to guage. glover was smashing the guy and he should have been dead. glover may have let his guard down simply because he was surprised the guy was still standing and figured this one sided beat down was ridiculous.... then boom.... wtf..... i just got clipped.

you can see glovers hands acutally drop after the second punch misses

Where's the exaggeration here? He was rocked by an arm punch from someone who could barely stand. I'm sorry but that's what happened. Not saying he has a glass chin, it just made people realize if Rampage finds his chin, bad things may happen to him.

Glover did get rocked and it doesn't mean anything, glover was still 10x the fighter of the guy who rocked him he just got over confident and dropped his hands letting a boxer smoke him on the chin, not sure why its a big deal he got rocked.

Where's the exaggeration here? He was rocked by an arm punch from someone who could barely stand. I'm sorry but that's what happened. Not saying he has a glass chin, it just made people realize if Rampage finds his chin, bad things may happen to him.

Everyone trashes on Maldonado's power, not the greatest mma fighter but he was a professional boxer with 21 out of his 22 wins by knockout, if you get cocky and let a guy like that hit you on the chin in any shape he's gonna rock you.

He got rocked. He recovered in about 3/4 of a second, but that was getting rocked. His knees went wobbly, very briefly though. I'm very sure he will win against Whampage.

Rampage aint knocking anybody out. This aint 5 years ago. Glover by UD.

glover got ko'd by a natural middleweight lol and rocked by fabio you can deny deny deny all you want but when/if rampage touches that chin he's gone..

I've seen many posts that are along these lines: Glover has a weak chin, he nearly got KOd by a nobody. Rampage has an iron chin. Rampage via KO.

If that isn't exaggeration, I don't know what is. He wasn't nearly KOd, his legs wobbled for a second and then he went back on the attack. Another exaggeration is about Maldonado. He isn't some shmuck, he transitioned from boxing where he finished all but one of his fights. He's finished almost all of his mma wins. If he rocks you, its legit.

Its also pretty hypocritical to be ignoring all the times Rampage has been rocked in this little assessment of yours. Glover hurts people, he's just as likely to do the same to Rampage.

He was defo rocked. But went straight bk at it tho. others have said it but this fight depends on which rampage turns up. He has looked shocking recently

Another thing why do people keep saying he went back on the attack when the round ended soon after?? He was wobbly walking back to his corner..

Everyone trashes on Maldonado's power, not the greatest mma fighter but he was a professional boxer with 21 out of his 22 wins by knockout, if you get cocky and let a guy like that hit you on the chin in any shape he's gonna rock you.

you realize those ''boxers'' had records like 0-15 with 13 being kos right?? maldanado is a combination puncher not a one shot guy don't just look up his boxing record and speak on it

glover got ko'd by a natural middleweight lol and rocked by fabio you can deny deny deny all you want but when/if rampage touches that chin he's gone..

I hope this is a troll post because you're the exact kind of exaggeration I'm talking about. You're the reason Sherdog doesn't get respect anywhere else.

Back