The delusion of McGregor and Ronda fans who believe they are more popular then jones?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by NoMoreBS, Aug 5, 2015.

1. NoMoreBS

NoMoreBS White Belt

they should really first understand the concept of popularity and never mix trends with actual popularity..

McGregor is a Huge current trend perhaps the biggest MMA trend ever just like how Chael Sonnen was a huge trend once nothing more or less..

Ronda is also a current trend but much lesser then McGregors and she is also WMMA GOAT which is nothing compared to an Actual GOAT..

The GOAT status is coveted and prestigious then some might imagine just like how the Boxing goats are known in even places where there is no TV or radio just from mouth to mouth like Mike Tyson or Muhammed ali the most popular boxers of all times and worldly figures.. The more MMA grows the more will Jon Jones become a wordly figure as well.. MMA is only 22 years but the name Jon Jones will go on for centuries and used as an example for the upcoming generations.. His Ultimate goal was to leave ever lasting legacy.. Stop comparing Jon Jones with current trends its absolutely non-sense

2. Toxxus

Toxxus The Ancient One

You are remarkably articulate for someone with a fuzzy dice bag in his mouth.

I'm a big Jones fan, but I assure you more people are currently aware of who Ronda Rousey is than Jon Jones.

Jones was just breaking out of the MMA fold and starting to get some actual celebrity rolling when he decided he'd rather coke up on a regular basis and wrap his cars around light poles and pregnant ladies.

Hopefully once he clears his legal issues he'll be back more determined than ever and knock out the 2-3 top shelf wins he needs to be considered the GOAT. He's not far from breaking GSP's and Anderson's title defense records and he's done so against tougher competition.

3. BonesNose**

BonesNose** Banned Banned

This is where I stopped reading.

4. kashmir

kashmir #1 bullshit belt

Take a hint from your sherdog handle, TS.

5. NoMoreBS

NoMoreBS White Belt

Jon Jones is widely viewed already as the best fighter of all times.. I disagree with ronda being more popular then Jones and whomever makes there Journey to MMA will know who Jon Jones is.. His part of MMA history and linked with the sport forever

6. Arrrrgh

Arrrrgh Black Belt

McGregor and Rousey events outsell Jones events... and Jones didn't have crossover appeal outside of the sport like those 2 do.

How is that hard to understand.

7. Prince Nephilim

Prince Nephilim Black Belt

He's the best in the UFC.

Nobody has beat those many ex-UFC champions back to back. He literally took out everyone ranked and one fair swoop.

People were and still are hoping he doesn't come back.

8. NeverAgainPlaya

NeverAgainPlaya Purple Belt

TS forgetting the world hates Jones far more than it hates Ronda or Conor.

9. MuddyFugger

MuddyFugger Black Belt

numbers don't lie

10. TestosterOWN

TestosterOWN ค้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ้้้้้้้้้้#O͙ͦͯͦͯ͛

Jones wont be back for a while. He is old news for now.

11. NoMoreBS

NoMoreBS White Belt

It's not about hate or love.. He has the coveted title which legit makes him more relevant in human history going forward.. I believe there was 1000s of more loved boxers then Mike tyson and Ali? so where are there today? thats it nobody gives a shit becuase they never made there names relevant.. So they have no page in Human history

12. Combat Squirrel

Combat Squirrel Blue Belt

Lolz

EDIT

I'll make a prediction too: In 30-50 years, most casuals won't know Mike Tyson or Muhammad Ali.

13. the ax murderer

the ax murderer Looking At The Stars.

Hitting pregnant women with your car whilst hopped up on goofballs doesn't do the popularity a world of good.

14. I WILL CUT YOU

I WILL CUT YOU Calamity from the Heavens Platinum Member

Oh Jones sold a milly ppv? Or was in movies?

15. kumitechamp

kumitechamp Green Belt

jon jones has been on cover of espn how many times? been in how many movies? had how many life performances on way to octagon? here is a obvious one? is jon jones even an active member of the ufc? funny you mention chael sonnen used to be because same can be applied to jon jones. not connor or ronda

16. NaughtyBoy

NaughtyBoy Silver Belt

Who the fuck is Jones ?

17. MUSTKILL

MUSTKILL Brown Belt

Uhh no.
    In the 20+ years I've been watching MMA, I've never seen a bar filled up and all in for someone like Ronda. McGregor is huge right now, but Ronda is even bigger. Numbers don't lie, and Jon Jones is far behind both Conor and Ronda.

18. ufcmma

ufcmma Purple Belt

Who's Jon Jones?:icon_chee

19. Mr. Hammer

Mr. Hammer Silver Belt

You made a great post in the other thread. Didn't need to make a new thread to repeat it though. Because now it will just come off as you being upset (whether you are or not) and people will come in here with their minds already made up.

I agree though. It's easy to get lost in trends. And I hope to God that the Rousey thing (particularly the nonsensical hype that she's the greatest fighter of all time) is just a trend.

Conor is the real deal though and if he beats Aldo his popularity will not be able to be written off as simply a trend.

20. NeverAgainPlaya

NeverAgainPlaya Purple Belt

If you don't think Ronda has made her name relevant, you're tripping serious balls. Jones is CLEARLY beating FAR superior opponents, but combat sports are ALL ABOUT impression, and the man just IS NOT obliterating his opponents the way Ronda is. Her astounding dominance (even if it is over inferior opposition to that Jones has faced) is what casuals, media and even hardcores are focused on. She is, in effect doing today what Tyson did in the late 80s. In fact, that's a pretty fair comparison, because Tyson fought a VERY good number of mediocre opponents. Not all of them, mind you, but a LOT of them.