The delusion of McGregor and Ronda fans who believe they are more popular then jones?

Rousey is WAAAAYYY more famous than McGregor, always has been and always will be. Even in Ireland, and definitely world wide.

Idk who's more famous between Jon Jones and Conor McGregor, but if Conor's claim that all of Ireland knows him is true (doubtful) that means the fans he turned actual MMA fans know who Jon Jones is too.

Pretty sure Jon Jones is pretty famous, but he isn't more famous than Rousey. He did get loads of coverage for the Jones & Gus rematch build up, and Jones vs DC build up, there was also the Nike popularity spike he went through, and the Reebok commercial and all that. Then his scandals happened, and that probably made him more famous (in a notorious sense) too.

I'm pretty sure according to Google Trend, Conor still isn't famous. I can't remember if I saw that before his Mendes fight, or after.

If Conor finally outsold either of those two with his last fight, it would be Jon Jones and not by much either.

Women lie, men lie but numbers dont lie

Is this a parody?

Rousey is WAAAAYYY more famous than McGregor, always has been and always will be. Even in Ireland, and definitely world wide.

Idk who's more famous between Jon Jones and Conor McGregor, but if Conor's claim that all of Ireland knows him is true (doubtful) that means the fans he turned actual MMA fans know who Jon Jones is too.

Pretty sure Jon Jones is pretty famous, but he isn't more famous than Rousey. He did get loads of coverage for the Jones & Gus rematch build up, and Jones vs DC build up, there was also the Nike popularity spike he went through, and the Reebok commercial and all that. Then his scandals happened, and that probably made him more famous (in a notorious sense) too.

I'm pretty sure according to Google Trend, Conor still isn't famous. I can't remember if I saw that before his Mendes fight, or after.

If Conor finally outsold either of those two with his last fight, it would be Jon Jones and not by much either.

No she isn't. "Even in ireland"??? Do you know how stupid you sound. McGregor is a household name here. Ronda isn't. Jesus. Maybe worldwide. But Ireland??? Lol.

Even Sonnen trend was bigger then Jon Jones trend back in 2011-13 but overall not even close to him in relevance Jon Jones is a coveted name and has its page in history under the sport of Mixed martial arts

What does that have to do with who is "more popular"?

Uhh no.
In the 20+ years I've been watching MMA, I've never seen a bar filled up and all in for someone like Ronda. McGregor is huge right now, but Ronda is even bigger. Numbers don't lie, and Jon Jones is far behind both Conor and Ronda.

THIS.

Here's how popular Jones is according to Google search, forget Google Trends...

https://www.google.com/webhp?#q="Jon+Jones"

About 1,070,000 results

Just over 1 million search results. That's HORRIBLE.

Here's Conor...

https://www.google.com/webhp?#q="Conor+McGregor"

About 5,620,000 results

Yes, that's over 5

LOL I saw this coming. With the media attention Conor and Ronda have been getting recently, I knew it was only a matter of time before some JJ fanboy dweeb started a thread to cry about it.

Lolz

EDIT

I'll make a prediction too: In 30-50 years, most casuals won't know Mike Tyson or Muhammad Ali.

Rocky Maciano Heavy Weight champion 1952-1956
Joe Lewis Heavy Weight champion 1937-1949
Babe Ruth started his career in 1914, 100 years ago.

That is just to name a few. Athletes can remain in the public sphere of awareness for a very long time.

lmfao nobody cares about the WEAK ASS LHW DIVISION. WE HAD A FIGHT JUST 4 DAYS AGO, BETWEEN TWO PAST PRIME LHW'S AND THAT WAS A CO MAIN FIGHT.

NOBODY CARED THAT JONES WAS THE CHAMPION, HE HAD NO CHARISMA AT ALL, AND MOST PEOPLE TUNED IN JUST TO SEE IF HE WOULD LOSE.

THATS IT.

CONOR & RONDA HAVE MUCH MORE MASS APPEAL THAN A CHAMPION WHO HAS PERSONAL DEMONS, AND BLATANTLY EYE POKE HIS OPPONENTS TO A BORING DEC WIN. WHENS THE LAST TIME JONES HAS EVEN FINISHED AN OPPONENT NOT NAMED CHAEL SONNEN. THE GUY IS BORING, AND NOT EXCITING TO WATCH.

END OF RANT.

You are remarkably articulate for someone with a fuzzy dice bag in his mouth.

I'm a big Jones fan, but I assure you more people are currently aware of who Ronda Rousey is than Jon Jones.

Jones was just breaking out of the MMA fold and starting to get some actual celebrity rolling when he decided he'd rather coke up on a regular basis and wrap his cars around light poles and pregnant ladies.

Hopefully once he clears his legal issues he'll be back more determined than ever and knock out the 2-3 top shelf wins he needs to be considered the GOAT. He's not far from breaking GSP's and Anderson's title defense records and he's done so against tougher competition.

He'll officially have to restart his consecutive title defense reign sadly.

No she isn't. "Even in ireland"??? Do you know how stupid you sound. McGregor is a household name here. Ronda isn't. Jesus. Maybe worldwide. But Ireland??? Lol.

Good response, very solid and no inclusion of attacks towards whom you replied to. Solid poster.

It's you that sounds stupid. I'm not even a Ronda fan, but everybody who follows MMA as a whole knows this. You're saying that a woman is famous worldwide, but for some reason, Ireland just doesn't know her? So, if someone takes the world by storm, they can never compare with their Ireland fame to Conor's? Why? Did he cure cancer and I didn't hear about it? Seriously bro, too much in your mouth, pay attention to the women.

Jones has as many haters as fans if not more.

Ronda is loved by non MMA fans. My dad isn't a fan of MMA but wanted to see her fight.

Good response, very solid and no inclusion of attacks towards whom you replied to. Solid poster.

It's you that sounds stupid. I'm not even a Ronda fan, but everybody who follows MMA as a whole knows this. You're saying that a woman is famous worldwide, but for some reason, Ireland just doesn't know her? So, if someone takes the world by storm, they can never compare with their Ireland fame to Conor's? Why? Did he cure cancer and I didn't hear about it? Seriously bro, too much in your mouth, pay attention to the women.

You can't understand how a national "hero" would be more popular than a woman fighter in a tiny forgotten about country? Seriously?

He'll officially have to restart his consecutive title defense reign sadly.

and Matt Hamill took his undefeated streak. also, Werdum wasnt Fedor's first loss. these are all technicalities but it is what it is.

JBJ may be considered the better fighter, and even though I very much dislike the guy I too have to concede he's an amazing fighter, he is not more popular that either Ronda or Conor.

You can't understand how a national "hero" would be more popular than a woman fighter in a tiny forgotten about country? Seriously?

Forgotten about country? I'm pretty sure Ireland isn't some wasteland that has no clue about current events going on in the world. I can completely understand that, it just seems that everytime Ronda fights nowadays, her popularity spikes ridiculously, the praise and fame she received for destroying Zingano was ridiculous. It seems Chael's views on Brasil are everybody's views on any country outside of North America, or?

Would either of you honestly be surprised if it turns out that Ronda is just as famous as Conor in Ireland? If so, why? She's being forcefed to all who come across her stories all over the news and it's various outlets. I can see Ireland still, actively and willingly, focusing on Conor, but how would they push Ronda out of the spotlight when Conor's last fight wasn't as recent as Ronda's? Is he not working with the UFC right now, &/or doing seminars, and chilling it at home, doing stuff there atm? I'm not saying it's inconceivable, but nor is Ronda atleast temporarily being more talked about, considering she's being treated as a majorly huge deal.

they should really first understand the concept of popularity and never mix trends with actual popularity..

McGregor is a Huge current trend perhaps the biggest MMA trend ever just like how Chael Sonnen was a huge trend once nothing more or less..

Ronda is also a current trend but much lesser then McGregors and she is also WMMA GOAT which is nothing compared to an Actual GOAT..

The GOAT status is coveted and prestigious then some might imagine just like how the Boxing goats are known in even places where there is no TV or radio just from mouth to mouth like Mike Tyson or Muhammed ali the most popular boxers of all times and worldly figures.. The more MMA grows the more will Jon Jones become a wordly figure as well.. MMA is only 22 years but the name Jon Jones will go on for centuries and used as an example for the upcoming generations.. His Ultimate goal was to leave ever lasting legacy.. Stop comparing Jon Jones with current trends its absolutely non-sense

I am curious as to the analytics you used to come to your determination of trends and real signal. If we are going to have a discussion on popularity it would be best if you posted actual numbers. You OP just contains biased opinion and not real data. Thanks

Forgotten about country? I'm pretty sure Ireland isn't some wasteland that has no clue about current events going on in the world. I can completely understand that, it just seems that everytime Ronda fights nowadays, her popularity spikes ridiculously, the praise and fame she received for destroying Zingano was ridiculous. It seems Chael's views on Brasil are everybody's views on any country outside of North America, or?

Would either of you honestly be surprised if it turns out that Ronda is just as famous as Conor in Ireland? If so, why? She's being forcefed in the media. I can see Ireland still, actively and willingly, focusing on Conor, but how would they push Ronda out of the spotlight when Conor's last fight wasn't as recent as Ronda's? Is he not working with the UFC right now, &/or doing seminars, and chilling it at home, doing stuff there atm? I'm not saying it's inconceivable, but nor is Ronda atleast temporarily being more talked about, considering she's being treated as a majorly huge deal.

How often are you reminded of Ireland? Thus forgotten about. Why? Because Conor is local. People say, "Hey... this UFC star lived 30 minutes form us." "Hey we saw him at that show." etc etc. When you live in a small place stars shine brightest. Apparently you didn't grow up in a small city.

Rousey is wildly popular with people who don't spend money on UFC PPVs, whereas Jones and Conor are much bigger draws for UFC. Very different measures of popularity.

Back