The delusion of McGregor and Ronda fans who believe they are more popular then jones?

Jones sure is popular. Even the police wants him.

Here's Jones' and Ronda's ppv buys. Obviously Jones has had more main event fights, but going off of their last 3. They are pretty close in buys. Really interested in seeing what UFC 190 did. UFC claims it was tracking better than 189.
Jones

Ronda

and Matt Hamill took his undefeated streak. also, Werdum wasnt Fedor's first loss. these are all technicalities but it is what it is.

Moron. Jones took his own undefeated streak. Hamill just laid there unconscious.

Actually, yes. I'm not arguing that Jones is more popular than Rousey because he isn't, but he has sold more ppvs.

Jones in heated rivalries has sold 800K or 700K.

Rousey and McGregor topped that. McGregor in his first fight as a PPV main eventer. Rousey likely just topped that against a scrub.

They're more popular than Jones.

Babababuyrates.

Also overall intrest. Yeah no delusion.

How often are you reminded of Ireland? Thus forgotten about. Why? Because Conor is local. People say, "Hey... this UFC star lived 30 minutes form us." "Hey we saw him at that show." etc etc. When you live in a small place stars shine brightest. Apparently you didn't grow up in a small city.

Makes sense, and yeah, I didn't. So Ireland doesn't have much? That's a shame. Maybe McGregor will give back loads, but his mission is to get rich and get out, who knows what he'll do with those riches, but if his wardrobe choice is any indication...

Jones in heated rivalries has sold 800K or 700K.

Rousey and McGregor topped that. McGregor in his first fight as a PPV main eventer. Rousey likely just topped that against a scrub.

They're more popular than Jones.

I never said they weren't.

But what is the point of specifying 'in heated rivalries'? The ppvs were still headlined by Jones.

McGregor is a superstar, but UFC 189 was also him in a 'heated rivalry' (and let's not forget the world tour and Aldo/N.U.-gate which brought tons of attention to the event). Most of Rousey's fights are also 'heated rivalries'. What an odd disclaimer to use against Jones.

Good response, very solid and no inclusion of attacks towards whom you replied to. Solid poster.

It's you that sounds stupid. I'm not even a Ronda fan, but everybody who follows MMA as a whole knows this. You're saying that a woman is famous worldwide, but for some reason, Ireland just doesn't know her? So, if someone takes the world by storm, they can never compare with their Ireland fame to Conor's? Why? Did he cure cancer and I didn't hear about it? Seriously bro, too much in your mouth, pay attention to the women.

I live here. I think I know who is more popular and well known. You can keep talking nonsense. Conor is more known in Ireland than Ronda, than LBJ, than any NFL player ever. I would be a lot more informed on who is famous here than you.

Fuck me. I'm not sure this thread could be any more wrong.

You seem to have popularity confused with legacy.

Yes Jon Jones will probably have the greatest legacy of the bunch, but Ronda Rousey and Conor McGregor surpass him in popularity.

Jones?!! Lol not on the same level. People don't care about Jones the way they care about Ronda and Conor. UFC PPV's are only going up since Jones left. The stars are Ronda and Conor deal with it

They were comparable until recently.

MygitoP.png

I live here. I think I know who is more popular and well known. You can keep talking nonsense. Conor is more known in Ireland than Ronda, than LBJ, than any NFL player ever. I would be a lot more informed on who is famous here than you.

The conversation ended some post ago with that other gentlemen who was alot more personable, aside from your nonsense there wasn't any other, no one cares anymore who is well known, the answer was already delivered and explained. LBJ and NFL, wtf? lol, have a good day, hope you become happier and a better poster, ya know, without the derailment and mild flaming? :)

TS thinks he's some kind of historian.

We won't know how Jones and Rousey will be remembered. Rousey could end up being the enormous, feminist icon everyone on the internet thinks she is and may overshadow anything Jones does, in or outside MMA.

The hardcores will remember all the great fighters and know now that Rousey's popularity is more of a cultural one than a talent based one.

Dumb dumb Jones has truly tainted his legacy with his behavior, though.

The conversation ended some post ago with that other gentlemen who was alot more personable, aside from your nonsense there wasn't any other, no one cares anymore who is well known, the answer was already delivered and explained. LBJ and NFL, wtf? lol, have a good day, hope you become happier and a better poster, ya know, without the derailment and mild flaming? :)

Sorry if I came across angry. Have a good day sir.

What delusion?

I don't like any of the 3 mentioned, but Ronda and Conor are way more popular than Jones, numbers don't lie.

Jones is not very popular, he is notorious more than anything else. He might one day become a big deal but for that he needs a great redemption story or embracing the heel. He can't be in the limbo of pretending to be nice and doing awful shit. He needs to pick which one he is running with. And first he needs to come back, and that won't happen any time soon. He hasn't even been sentenced yet.

Back