• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Opinion The daily “AOC says something stupid” thread. Vol 2

To be honest, watching that video with him where he talks about talking to other white people about racism made me glad I'm not white and I don't have to cuck myself like that.
The only white people that have to do that are the progressives.

Real talk I’d feel some type of way about that if I were white. All I read is white devil this white man bad that. I find it very odd that white men in particular are the only group left you could disrespect without any regard and no one bats an eye. It’s an internet thing for sure though cause where I am no one gives a shit what color or race you are, we judge you by your character. Green is the color we care about ;)
There are "whiteness" studies in academia. Some strong womyn of color are studying how "Becky" and "Karen" (aka white women) are overrepresented in teaching professions. Imagine if the reverse was done, if some academic decided to frame his thesis with "Tyrone" and "La'Shondra".

Defend what?

You people need help. Every syllable that comes out of this woman's mouth offends your delicate little asses.

On international women's day, at a political liberal rally, a politician made a pandering comment to thank women and whoever the hell else identifies as one for their work..

Imagine being a grown man taking offense to this and taking time to clip a video of it and sending it out on twitter...sad.

Last edited:
I feel like I have to preface that I'm on the left every time I criticize the left but I just don't tolerate loony from either side. Here's a new gem:

Today I learned that Chinese is a race and that it's racist to avoid Chinese restaurants because of the Corona virus. It's apparently not justifiable to be concerned over a deadly virus that originated in China and that it may be best to avoid the food for now.

Remember mad cow and people avoiding beef? I guess that was racist against Americans. If a virus originated in Italy, the same thing would happen to Italian food or anything else.

Andrew Yang retweeted it:

The timing is weird.....literally one day after Yang endorsed Biden.

Of course she does. Never let a good crisis go to waste, eh?

And how do we pay for it all?

Some what ironic how libs will go on and on about trump and the deficit and then propose programs we could never pay for.

It fucking says "as an emergency measure" right there in her tweet.

"The timing is weird" not because of Andwho Yangbro, but because of the pandemic, the thing she's implying that she's worried about.

Of course she does. Leftists are always very generous... with other people's money.

It fucking says "as an emergency measure" right there in her tweet.

"The timing is weird" not because of Andwho Yangbro, but because of the pandemic, the thing she's implying that she's worried about.

Also, someone can support something in concept, subject to their own qualifications, and not support every iteration of that concept. AOC (and Bernie) probably would support the *right* UBI program (like I would), but, alas, Yang's freedom dividend is not that program.

Of course she does. Never let a good crisis go to waste, eh?

You jest but Matty Y is spot on here

WE KNOW what works during an economic crisis and we need to depoliticize the process of stopping or at least mitigating the harm financial recessions

I'm surprised you all are surprised by this. Not the worst thing she's said, it's also stated as a 'emergency' and her platform is progressive.

You jest but Matty Y is spot on here

WE KNOW what works during an economic crisis and we need to depoliticize the process of stopping or at least mitigating the harm financial recessions

The thing is, we're all on the Reservation now, should Big Gov sink their hooks deep in response to this crisis.

Especially if businesses keep shutting down or keep their workers remote. Those who think they will be fine working from home are gonna have to put up with shortages, the least concerning of which will be toilet paper.

Everything is slowing down in response to this virus. I wish that more people had their shit together, as in manageable debt, stored food n water, a good hygiene regimen, and of course, tp for their bunghole.

Government has proven to be incompetent in response to this virus, especially in the USA. The common response to this has been equally frustrating. We're just not prepared for this to be an ongoing state of affairs.

Eviction freeze is my favorite, like it's easy to evict someone nowadays.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back