The commentators laughing about the tweets in the main event was so distracting

13Seconds

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I know there's been alot of threads complaining about the tweets during fights, but i don't know if the commentators ever reacted this hard to the tweets? During a fight?

Jones tweet something, commentators laugh and talks about it for a while, then Francis tweets something and they joke and laugh even harder. That shit was distracting to say the least. For someone who's actively trying to ignore the tweets, they made me look at it.

I fastforwarded through the entire fight so I didn't hear it

But i'm guessing since the fight looked the same for 25 minutes they just started nodding off looking at other things

I was asleep halfway through round 2.

I thought their grunting and stuff whenever Rozen whiffed or barely tapped Gane was worse te JBJ tweet was the best thing during that fight tbh

To be fair to them, they had to do SOMETHING to try to keep people from flipping channels.

*hyperbole alert* It is single handedly the worst broadcast production decision that they've ever made.

Why would you draw something on the screen to distract me from the very thing that you want me to watch? Do they not understand the nature of their product?

I know there's been alot of threads complaining about the tweets during fights, but i don't know if the commentators ever reacted this hard to the tweets? During a fight?

Jones tweet something, commentators laugh and talks about it for a while, then Francis tweets something and they joke and laugh even harder. That shit was distracting to say the least. For someone who's actively trying to ignore the tweets, they made me look at it.

Can't blame the commentators on this. UFC are making this tweet thing mandatory. They cant' ignore them. And the Jones and Francis tweets added some relevance to the fight.
SnIwFtR.gif

*hyperbole alert* It is single handedly the worst broadcast production decision that they've ever made.

Why would you draw something on the screen to distract me from the very thing that you want me to watch? Do they not understand the nature of their product?

I think its just until they get the full crowds going again.

It's not really a good replacement, but they are doing what they can to get some viewer involvement.

It will probably stop when the crowds come back. Gotta miss that crowd energy.

Yeah the commentators like to think of themselves as comedians too much sometimes

The tweets are terrible. I still remember David Spade tweeting something whicb distracted me and I missed a head kick ko

Dustin Poirier "THAT LEG IS COMPRISED!"

Compromised DP, you mean Compromised.

Jon Jones also needs to be banned from tweeting during fights, shitting on both participants of the main event and hyping himself up, get a grip lad.

Back