The commentators laughing about the tweets in the main event was so distracting

I think its just until they get the full crowds going again.

It's not really a good replacement, but they are doing what they can to get some viewer involvement.

It will probably stop when the crowds come back. Gotta miss that crowd energy.

I can see that being the reason. Some producer theorizing that they need to fill the empty arena void with some presentation element. But fuuuuuuuck did they miss with that one!

i hate them showing tweets during matches, too distracting from the action and often i find myself having to skip back cause i missed something due to some stupid tweet from some celeb i dont give a shit about.. save them for between the rounds.

I for one was glad to be distracted from that horrible fight. I would rather watch mir vs. arlovski fight again than that fight.

I know there's been alot of threads complaining about the tweets during fights, but i don't know if the commentators ever reacted this hard to the tweets? During a fight?

Jones tweet something, commentators laugh and talks about it for a while, then Francis tweets something and they joke and laugh even harder. That shit was distracting to say the least. For someone who's actively trying to ignore the tweets, they made me look at it.
The ridiculous part is Jon Jones
072A07F0-0F69-4F32-A041-B197CE79CB0B.jpeg

Mute it, I've done this with every event Rogan or Cruz commentates since like 2011

They added the tweets to give the brain dead commentators something "entertaining" to add to the commentary. Are you only just now realising how bad they are? They've got no idea what they're looking at, even Bisping a former champion. "Someone translate that USSR language hehehe". Don't even get started on Jon "3 minutes into the second round" Anik...

I know there's been alot of threads complaining about the tweets during fights, but i don't know if the commentators ever reacted this hard to the tweets? During a fight?

Jones tweet something, commentators laugh and talks about it for a while, then Francis tweets something and they joke and laugh even harder. That shit was distracting to say the least. For someone who's actively trying to ignore the tweets, they made me look at it.
It's not exactly like the fight was providing anything interesting, and it led to the best part about the fight. The rant from Bisping

They were doing that cause they were bored. Fight was shit.

Dustin Poirier "THAT LEG IS COMPRISED!"

Compromised DP, you mean Compromised.

Jon Jones also needs to be banned from tweeting during fights, shitting on both participants of the main event and hyping himself up, get a grip lad.
I don’t think that’s bam worthy in a fight where neither guy really pushed the pace. Fans need to be reminded that there is some serious talent coming to HW.

They added the tweets to give the brain dead commentators something "entertaining" to add to the commentary. Are you only just now realising how bad they are? They've got no idea what they're looking at, even Bisping a former champion. "Someone translate that USSR language hehehe". Don't even get started on Jon "3 minutes into the second round" Anik...
whenever its Paul Felder and or Bisping in the booth its like its some platform for their shitty standup routine , always talking about pointless shit other then the fight . When they do talk about the fight they often contradict themselves and add nothing especially Bisping .Also Anik used to be good but he's insufferable now with these feel good antidotes that the ESPN/UFC feeds him .

Wait 'til they start showing TikTok vids later this year.

Just a matter of time until we get pics/videos along with the tweets.
Ah I could see them doing that crap. I'd be done at that point man. sick of social media getting pushed into everything, so if it ever comes to that I'm switching to ONE or lethwei fights on youtube.

The fight was boring as, I guess they had to keep themselves entertained. Didn’t bother me either way.
If the fight was better they wouldn’t give a shit about people’s tweets.

You must be a casual, they bring up people's tweets a lot in main events, this one they just decided to bite the bait a little bit more then usual because it's Jon Jones tweeting.

I generally don’t mind the tweets, but I don’t like the commentators responding to them. The commentators should be focused on the fight.

Wait 'til they start showing TikTok vids later this year.
Showing a bunch of young teenage girls and younger doing sexual things on tiktok with music in the background, not something to look forward to but the ufc loves to bring them along for the fun, cause it's all about money, they proved that when they had sponsors like condom depot for a while

Tweets shown during fights should be eliminated. Whoever thought of the idea fired.

Maybe focus on developing better fighters and improving the production quality and up their shoestring production budget.

Since the ufc has stooped as low as paying posters to post, I wouldn't put it past them to invent tweets trying to misguide perception on how the fight is going currently, to later justify a shitty decision.

Remember fighters, don't leave it in the hands of the racketeers lol

I was just staring at the match time hoping for it to be over, knew it was going to decision after 2nd round. I think the commentators had the right to talk about anything because there was nothing significant going on in the fight.

Idk but Bisping was going crazy last night lol

Back