The BS about Hominick "destroying" Aldo in the 5th

Destroyed? No

Mark did take the fifth though

Bad weight cut, completely gassed out. He did what he had to do.

I forget - what was the reasoning behind the bad cut? Being sick?

he had a staph infection for a substantial part of his camp for the fight and was on antibiotics because of this.

TS is Aldo?

Let it go, Jose. We know you weren't 100%.

Sounds like it....Must of been eating at him all this time...Don't worry Jose we still respect you......a lot of guys have spent time on there backs....as long as you weren't on your stomach, cause that's another story!!!:rolleyes:

You're going to be surprised at how well Frankie does in the stand up.If Aldo was that good why did he take Hominick down,why not keep the fight standing if you are that good on the feet.

probably because hominick is a better striker than anyone gives him credit for frankie is a decent boxer with great footwork but no accolades.

hominick does indeed have striking accolades however and is very technical.
ISKA Canadian Super Welterweight Championship
IKF North American Super Welterweight Championship

when frankie wins a title in kickboxing from any organization we can talk about him realistically out striking guys like that.

frankie got a rap as a great striker mixing takedowns and strikes in on guys that werent known for being strikers anyway (aside from penn who arguably won the first one even though he definitively lost the second one) and got out struck by gray maynard. frankie is super talented no disrespect meant but his striking isnt his strong point his speed and grappling is were he wins fights.

probably because hominick is a better striker than anyone gives him credit for frankie is a decent boxer with great footwork but no accolades.

when frankie wins a title in kickboxing from any organization we can talk about him realistically out striking guys like that.

frankie got a rap as a great striker mixing takedowns and strikes in on guys that werent known for being strikers anyway (aside from penn who arguably won the first one even though he definitively lost the second one) and got out struck by gray maynard. frankie is super talented no disrespect meant but his striking isnt his strong point his speed and grappling is were he wins fights.

WAS!
I mean, I agree with all you wrote, and "speed and grappling was were Frankie won fights".
But as Aldo put, he moved down where Speed might not be his biggest advantage anymore.

And Hominick got ko'd by zombie. What are kz accolades that would ever allow him to knock out Hominick.

That stuff means little when an mma fight starts. It is a completely different ball game. And the shitty striking of gray Maynard out struck diaz who everyone thinks had great hands.

No im saying he wanted no part of Hominick's standup,by far the best boxer he ever faced.
aldo wanted no part of hominick's stand up?

ok, I guess we are being retarded now

he wasnt ill, he had a bad cut and gassed out.

^This.

I love people who make excuses for their favourite fighters, as TS is clearly doing for Aldo. There's no shame that Aldo lost the round convincingly (he was outstruck 62-3 in that round, and spent some of it on his back of course). Aldo controlled the first four rounds, but to say he wasn't owned in the fifth is laughable.

Learn to be objective TS...

^This.

I love people who make excuses for their favourite fighters, as TS is clearly doing for Aldo. There's no shame that Aldo lost the round convincingly (he was outstruck 62-3 in that round, and spent some of it on his back of course). Aldo controlled the first four rounds, but to say he wasn't owned in the fifth is laughable.

Learn to be objective TS...

It isnt an excuse when the weightcut is WELL DOCUMENTED, as is Aldo fighting a staph infection and being on antibiotics for alot of that camp, day of the weighins he cut almost 8 pounds, using weightloss cream coupled with hot baths, i recommend you try that, it's basicly like bathing in a tub of acid.

Well, Aldo was lay'n'praying in the fifth, so Hominick was definately winning the round.

I think you are just arguing semantics TS.

Yes, "destroyed" may be too a strong word, but Aldo was clearly exhausted and just looking to try and ride out that last round while Hominick rained down and landed some decent punches.

I love Aldo, but no sense in trying to make it seem like Aldo was in control there.

its funny because aldo said after the fight that he was tierd and knew he had won every other round

LOL @ TS's excuses for a piss poor 5th round from the champ. I can just see it now: butthurt Aldo fans will be saying that Aldo was just repeatedly pulling guard and was happy to fight off of his back when Frankie puts him there repeatedly.

Aldo will be trying to take Frankie down all fight long after he gets tagged by the better boxer,he was getting hit often by Hominick and he did't have to worry about a take down in that fight,in his fight with Frankie he will.

I've got your sig bet right here. Aldo is going to light Frankie up. Having the better resume doesn't make you the better fighter, and that's what Aldo is going to teach a lot of people.

Well, Aldo was lay'n'praying in the fifth, so Hominick was definately winning the round.

No doubt Hominick took it to Aldo in the 5th. I don't consider gassing a legitimate excuse, because its no secret that you need excellent conditioning to compete at the top level. However, that fight is proof of why I care nothing about rounds. I think I'm one of the few GSP fans who doesn't have this obsession with winning rounds.

Aldo beat the devil out of Hominick, and losing the 5th round while taking little damage doesn't mean much to me. Hypothetically, Fighter A dominates the first 3 rounds with superior positioning and octagon control, and then Fighter B lights him up the last 2 rounds, I've got Fighter B for the win.

No doubt Hominick took it to Aldo in the 5th. I don't consider gassing a legitimate excuse, because its no secret that you need excellent conditioning to compete at the top level. However, that fight is proof of why I care nothing about rounds. I think I'm one of the few GSP fans who doesn't have this obsession with winning rounds.

Aldo beat the devil out of Hominick, and losing the 5th round while taking little damage doesn't mean much to me. Hypothetically, Fighter A dominates the first 3 rounds with superior positioning and octagon control, and then Fighter B lights him up the last 2 rounds, I've got Fighter B for the win.

Rounds or not it is a weakness that Aldo needs to address. If Aldo doesn't finish early edgar is going to have alot more mustard than hominick had at the end of their fight.

LOL @ TS's excuses for a piss poor 5th round from the champ. I can just see it now: butthurt Aldo fans will be saying that Aldo was just repeatedly pulling guard and was happy to fight off of his back when Frankie puts him there repeatedly.

Wanna take a account bet mask-boy to make your account go away permanently?

Back