The BS about Hominick "destroying" Aldo in the 5th

plekz, you're a no-name troll, a nobody so I won't waste my time anymore than to say this:

Post your bet for $1K and I'll reciprocate. Otherwise you're dead to me.

plekz, you're a no-name troll, a nobody so I won't waste my time anymore than to say this:

Post your bet for $1K and I'll reciprocate. Otherwise you're dead to me.

Let me know where the hurt line is for where you'll step up to the plate, and where you go away permanently when it's made clear how wrong you were. Or otherwise keep the "pussy" remarks to when you are speaking of your "va-jay-jay"

Money means nothing, i want your soul aswell masked boy.

At best Aldo had an absolutely horrific 5th round and it exposed question marks as to what would happen if that's Frankie Edgar in round 5. Hominick is retired and none of his fans care anymore, but this will loom over Jose, unless he shows against Edgar,if it goes into the deep waters, that it was in fact an anomaly.

Let me know where the hurt line is for where you'll step up to the plate, and where you go away permanently when it's made clear how wrong you were. Or otherwise keep the "pussy" remarks to when you are speaking of your "va-jay-jay"

Money means nothing, i want your soul aswell masked boy.

You're a nobody troll. You ain't worthy of my soul.

Congrats. Your lack of maturity has earned you permanent ignore status.

Someone quote this loser if he actually follows through with the proposed bet and I'll keep up my end.

yea i never quite understood where that myth started. Aldo owned Hominick for 4 rounds and was a little tired going into the 5th so he didnt mind letting Hominick stay in his guard and land little shots here and there.

You're a nobody troll. You ain't worthy of my soul.

Congrats. Your lack of maturity has earned you permanent ignore status.

Someone quote this loser if he actually follows through with the proposed bet and I'll keep up my end.

If someone looked up the phrase cop-out, they would find the above sentences summarizing it. Let me know in 10 years when you are closing in on the big 3-0

I see some people skipped over most of 2011 and all of 2012. Welcome to 2013, brah.

Seriously though, why the hell did you make a new thread on this?

LOL at all the "Aldo got destroyed by Hominick in the 5th" comments.

Look, Aldo was dead tired in the 5th beacuse he was ill. After he landed a pretty good upper that hurt Hominick, the Canadian tired desperately a double leg, and Aldo pulled guard (bc he was tired) and controlled the fight from the bottom, being barely hit. He never attempted to get up or a reversal, bc he was comfortable being on the bottom getting barely hit and controlling the fight

See it for yourselves:

Aldo x Hominick 5th round:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ovtEEeq-hg

LIES!!

You make an argument and then post a video that proves you wrong!

1) You say hominick desperately tried for a double leg and aldo pulled guard.. WTF? Nice of framing that. Hominick went for a double leg and took aldo down
2) Aldo was hit, several times. Thats just blatantly wrong. Ive only rewatched the first 3 minutes and hes already well beyond "barely hit"
3) Just because he's ill or tired doesn't mean he wasn't dominated in the round.

Yes he wasn't destroyed, but if you're going to correct people it's best not to say something even more wrong yourself.

Whatever the case may be, Hominick rallied back in the 5th round after getting crushed for the majority of the fight. DOn't take it away from Hominick with the excuses.

This is coming from a guy who is a huge fan of Aldo. He ranks top 5 of my favourite MMA fighters.

59 more strikes
19 more significant strikes

You're just a lil fanboy, which is pretty much the norm on Sherdog

I had a runny nose the week of states. That's the sole and only reason I wasn't state champion my senior year.

On the subway today, a man came up to me to start a conversation. He made small talk, a lonely man talking about the weather and other things. I tried to be pleasant and accommodating, but my head hurt from his banality. I almost didn't notice it had happened, but I suddenly threw up all over him. He was not pleased, and I couldn't stop laughing.

Great movie but I'm not sure what it has to do with this thread.. Lol

It's amazing seeing people that are surely younger than me in this site calling me "noob" or "kid" etc

It's even more amazing that even with video evidence, people believe whatever they want ot believe.

As for people asking why am I posting this in 2013? Well, bc of a lot of misinformed fans are believing that Hominick destroyed Aldo in the 5th and Frankie Edgar will do the same... so I posted a video clearly showing that Hominick didn't destroy Aldo, he definelely won the round but Aldo was not really in danger of being finished or KO'd. Aldo knew he had won the first 4 rounds, was tired and decided to control Hominick from the bottom. He never even attempted to get up or a reversal. He was comfortable in that position.

LIES!!

You make an argument and then post a video that proves you wrong!

1) You say hominick desperately tried for a double leg and aldo pulled guard.. WTF? Nice of framing that. Hominick went for a double leg and took aldo down

Why did he went for a double leg? He made a desperate attempt bc Aldo hurt him again with an upper, then Aldo didn't put a real effort to defend the TD and pulled guard. He knew that choke was not going to work, but he went down anyway.

Why? bc he was dead tired and then controlled Hominick form the bottom, being barely hit.

2) Aldo was hit, several times. Thats just blatantly wrong. Ive only rewatched the first 3 minutes and hes already well beyond "barely hit"

No. he was definetely being barely hit. He was in no real danger. He controlled Hominick from the bottom, was somewaht comfortable in that position and had no attempt to get up or try a reversal.

3) Just because he's ill or tired doesn't mean he wasn't dominated in the round.

Yes he wasn't destroyed, but if you're going to correct people it's best not to say something even more wrong yourself.

He was in no real danger in that round. He assumed a calculated risk. He knew he had won the first 4 rounds. He accept the TD, pulled guard, and controlled Hominick form the bottom. Hominick surely tried to hit him a lot, but most of the punches weren't at full force or hit Aldo's defense.

Last edited:
can someone explain to me how staying in someone's guard = destruction?

People refer to this fight as gospel that Aldo isn't elite. That's funnier than anything else in this thread.

I'll pick Aldo by t(ko) in the 1st. I don't think this fight will be half as close as people seem to think it will be.

I would say he got handled pretty badly, especially considering how badly he beat Hominick in the first 4 rounds. I wouldn't call it a "myth". Aldo hit Hominick with a punch, but it wasn't like Hominick was wobbling and jumping in for a TD. He circled away, covered up, and shot. He grabbed a single and immediately stepped over the leg and took Aldo down, Aldo did not pull guard. And although he spent most of the time in Aldo's guard, he did land a good amount of punches. It was a one sided round, there was no doubt who won it, that is for sure.

I hate when people try and speak for the fighters like they think they know them, GUESS WHAT, reality check here: YOU DON'T KNOW HIM.
Ill or not it's his job to be prepared for the fight. So ya...he was getting beat up in the 5th.I have nothing against Aldo you just shouldn't make stupid remarks like this.
Also, when you say, "the canadian" it makes you look ignorant

TS, did Aldo have that damn brazilian flu that every brazilian has or claims every time they lose or look bad in a fight? You know, the one we always hear these fighters had after the fight?

That damn brazilian flu, we need to do something about it

Its not unusual for fighters to fight ill or injured, they do it all the time. Nate Marquardt won the pancase title while he was extremely ill.

Back