The BS about Hominick "destroying" Aldo in the 5th

the bigger topic is...

...WTF HAPPENED TO HOMINICK?!?!

he's absolutely sucked since his fight with aldo...couldn't believe he lost to garza...that shit was sad

Agreed.

Mark had his moment in front of his home crowd. I say let's give it to him, no Aldo excuses.

If anyone thinks that 5th Rd Aldo is who Frankie is going to meet then I either you are afraid of the real Aldo or just blowing smoke.

No im saying he wanted no part of Hominick's standup,by far the best boxer he ever faced.

you make no sense.
If he wanted to avoid Hominick's standup because (according to you) he was getting beat, why go to the ground only on the 5th round?
And since the fight was standing for the 4 prior rounds and Hominick's standup so good, how come Aldo won those 4 rounds???

the bigger topic is...

...WTF HAPPENED TO HOMINICK?!?!

he's absolutely sucked since his fight with aldo...couldn't believe he lost to garza...that shit was sad

Yes I thought he was going to be the number 2 FW for a while, instead he gets koed by KZ, knocked down multiple times by yagin and destroyed by garza lol

That's the ticket right there,Hominick's pace was too much,wait for Frankie to do the same he will not be as easy to take down.

LOL, again, making no sense.

Aldo had a bad cut!

Has nothing to do with him generally, only foir that specific fight! (BTW, it was well docum,ented how bad it was that cut).
They filmed it... go check!

The reason why Hominick faded was because his coach/friend died, and also his soul was taken by the KO from KZ. After that he was never the same

Mark had his moment in front of his home crowd. I say let's give it to him, no Aldo excuses.

If anyone thinks that 5th Rd Aldo is who Frankie is going to meet then I either you are afraid of the real Aldo or just blowing smoke.

5th round Aldo could not get back up but he could do pushups with with Hominick after the fight.Makes me wonder how good he is on his back side,we'll find out soon enough.

aldo actually blocks the vast majority of the head strikes

Aldo had a bad cut!

Has nothing to do with him generally, only foir that specific fight! (BTW, it was well docum,ented how bad it was that cut).

I forget - what was the reasoning behind the bad cut? Being sick?

He was trying to preserve his energy and thought he could stall on the ground. You would know this if you ever trained.

You're not serious right? Getting the fight to the ground takes a lot of energy

Aldo had a bad cut!

Well lets hope he's not sick again and he doesn't get run over by a car again,a year off is a long time,weight cut might get worse and there always ring rust too.

LOL at all the "Aldo got destroyed by Hominick in the 5th" comments.

Look, Aldo was dead tired in the 5th beacuse he was ill. After he landed a pretty good upper that hurt Hominick, the Canadian tired desperately a double leg, and Aldo pulled guard (bc he was tired) and controlled the fight from the bottom, being barely hit. He never attempted to get up or a reversal, bc he was comfortable being on the bottom getting barely hit and controlling the fight

See it for yourselves:

Aldo x Hominick 5th round:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ovtEEeq-hg

Just one question :

Why the fuck do you bring this back ?

grow up kid

He wasn't just gassed out, he clearly avoided hitting mark in the lump in the last round or two. Blind people are blind.

Aldo will be trying to take Frankie down all fight long after he gets tagged by the better boxer,he was getting hit often by Hominick and he did't have to worry about a take down in that fight,in his fight with Frankie he will.

Did you listen to Joe Rogan's commentary while watching a blank screen?

Man, Hominick was fuckin awesome.. Wish he didn't have to retire. When he was on he was incredibly fun to watch... And he won the fuck out of the fifth round, dominantly.

I forget - what was the reasoning behind the bad cut? Being sick?

I don't recall, but I think you are correct; he was sick, or he didn't cut enough the week prior, so he had to dehidrate extra.

I remember watching the video they made; he was completely miserable!

Well lets hope he's not sick again and he doesn't get run over by a car again,a year off is a long time,weight cut might get worse and there always ring rust too.

That is true (didn't even think of it).

But he knows what is at stake here. He should be ready! (I hope. IMO this is his biggest fight)

Man, Hominick was fuckin awesome.. Wish he didn't have to retire. When he was on he was incredibly fun to watch... And he won the fuck out of the fifth round, dominantly.

Agree with you on Homiick, but no.

Not that dominantly. He took Aldo down, but in no time he put Aldo in danger of being finished. That's not dominant at all, it is just a simple 10-9 fo the takedown and top control.

Aldo was playing the cards. he knew he had plenty advantage.

Look, Aldo was dead tired in the 5th beacuse he was ill. After he landed a pretty good upper that hurt Hominick, the Canadian tired desperately a double leg, and Aldo pulled guard (bc he was tired) and controlled the fight from the bottom, being barely hit. He never attempted to get up or a reversal, bc he was comfortable being on the bottom getting barely hit and controlling the fight

See it for yourselves:

Aldo beat the hell out of hominick for 20 minutes and 30 seconds. Hominick put it to aldo for the majority of the 5th. TS needs to get his head out of his ass. I'm no genius, but someone posting from Rio de janeiro may be a bit biased. Pulled guard? Did you watch your own video?

See it for yourselves:

Aldo pulled guard to go for a guillotine. It was a reasonably good attempt, but not the greatest idea, as it left him in a bad position after it failed.
Aldo definitely lost that round but won the rest of the fight handily.

It's too bad Hominick faded after that fight, he seemed like he was going to be a force.

Back