The bookies think it's more likely for Ryan Hall to win by strikes than Alexander Gustafsson!

Is this true? I didn't watch the fight. Does anyone have a gif of that or something?
Me trying to find the gif.

0aZ5QFl.gif

Dennis Siver, a former mid level kickboxing talent, was dropped and hurt by Penn, just point fought him.

If Dennis Siver can't finish Penn, then Ryan Hall doesn't stand a chance. Now if Ryan gets him down then he could sub him, but I don't see a TKO.
I feel he'd have to stun and drop Penn then jump on a submission. Penn too crafty on the ground to get caught IMO.

How many times did he pull guard in the Maynard fight? This line is fucked, BJ is not that washed up.

Bookies only follow where the money is coming from the public, but they are right most of the time
They are right most of the time ? Bookies having Conor McGregor a favorite in nearly all his fights and closer than he should have been against Floyd makes them right? Lol ....Idk about that. They go with the hype they had Till beating Woodley and Ortega beating Max ..why? because thats where the money went due to hype.

Thats why I go with my own knowledge on what I seen and feel. I bet on Rose in the first fight with Joanna because I knew what Rose was capable of and made a pretty penny and I bet on her again when the bookies said she would beat Rose in a rematch.

Depending on how people are betting on the fights sure, BUT the odds will shift from the moment they open up right until the night of the fight. Any fighter news might also change the lines as w have seen a fighter become a favorite on fight night after being an under dog for the entire lead up.

Last edited:
They are right most of the time ? Idk about that. They go with the hype they had Till beating Woodley and Ortega beating Max ..why? because thats where the money went due to hype.

Thats why I go with my own knowledge on what I seen and feel. I bet on Rose in the first fight with Joanna because I knew what Rose was capable of and made a pretty penny and I bet on her again when the bookies said she would beat Rose in a rematch.

Depending on how people are betting on the fights sure, BUT the odds will shift from the moment they open up right until the night of the fight. Any fighter news might also change the lines as w have seen a fighter become a favorite on fight night after being an under dog for the entire lead up.
if they werent right most of the time they wouldnt exist. dude, u really might be clueless.

if they werent right most of the time they wouldnt exist. dude, u really might be clueless.
Ok. Im clueless when Im basically agreeing with you and you cant see it
So who is clueless

Bookies start the opening lines and are the oddsmakers' best guess of how they feel a fight will turn out. When the line shifts during the week, you can attribute it to one of two reasons:
1) The books are shifting their risk. Not in terms of getting a perfect 50/50 split, but simply because it increases a book's liability if 90 percent of betters are on one side of a fighter or line.

2) The books are acknowledging their initial GUESS might have been wrong, and shift the line to compensate after they see betters "the public" flocking to one side.

Last edited:
So who is clueless

BOOKIES FOLLOW THE FANS ...THE HYPE...THE POPULARITY AND THE MONEY.

So who is clueless

BOOKIES FOLLOW THE FANS ...THE HYPE...THE POPULARITY AND THE MONEY.
no, ur making points that im not. i was referring to they are right most of the time...

look at any card, they almost always make the right call. check 228, the card YOU mentioned. they were correct on 4/5 on main card, 3/4 on tv prelims, and 2/4 or 9/13 total.

no, ur making points that im not. i was referring to they are right most of the time...

look at any card, they almost always make the right call. check 228, the card YOU mentioned. they were correct on 4/5 on main card, 3/4 on tv prelims, and 2/4 or 9/13 total.

If the public thinks an old and slow Muhammad Ali is better than a young and hungry Larry Holmes, the books will (and did) make Ali the favorite.

When Floyd vs Conor was first announced, the Westgate Las Vegas Superbook had Mayweather as a -2500 favorite and McGregor as a +1100 underdog. It came to be eventually Mayweather a close to even money at -400 with McGregor at +300, according to Oddshark

Bookies just set a bar and the fans bet with either their minds or hearts. I am betting on Gus via decision and Nunes via Tko. Im going likely against the odds here.

We can have dif views. Thats not against the law

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back